Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this Monday, I had my first patzcki. It was delicious.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have a horrible sore throat. I don't think pancakes are happening tonight. We'll rename it ice cream Tuesday.

I have the same thing. It's yucky.

I want ice cream, too.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose my mind on someone today. Probably the next person who asks me to fix someone else's mess, instead of asking the someone else why they made it.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Confession: It is WAY too easy for me to eat an entire large pizza by myself..in one sitting...without even feeling overstuffed.

I feel you, sister. I can eat a whole GF one without any trouble when my gallbladder is behaving.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I missed pancake day because I didn’t have the calories. :cry:

Oh, that's sad. I didn't eat pancakes, but I had a burger and fries. It didn't make me as miserable as it could have and I didn't feel guilty for going over because it's Ash Wednesday and I won't eat anything at all until dinner today. (And that might be pancakes as fries are my Lenten sacrifice and I haven't been to the grocery store to get anything else to fix. I also gave up Twitter if anyone cares.)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I was thinking I needed a TGIFriday's Jack Daniel's chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries for my birthday tomorrow. Then, I got a free dessert coupon from them in my email. Yep! That's what's gonna happen.

Happy birthday, @crosbylee. What you plannin'?!?

Happy birthday to both of you!!!

Happy birthday, you two!! Hope you both have super great days. :smiley:

I'm late but Happy birthday!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Oh, Y'all. I am going to have a day today. Ashes are a bold witness and I have a coworker trying to tell me that I don't need them. I don't ask other people to get them. I am going to have to be polite about it. More Jesus, less Melissa...

Co-irker needs to back off. We have several people in my office who will be wearing ashes today. No big.
  • melissafeagins
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Oh, Y'all. I am going to have a day today. Ashes are a bold witness and I have a coworker trying to tell me that I don't need them. I don't ask other people to get them. I am going to have to be polite about it. More Jesus, less Melissa...

Co-irker needs to back off. We have several people in my office who will be wearing ashes today. No big.

It's a big deal to me to go to church and engage in corporate repentance. God knows, church attendees need to mourn for the crap we keep seeing in the news. I don't care if anyone else does or does not and I know that I am asking to be held responsible for what I believe with my public proclamation that I believe it. I understand that not every believer feels the need. I don't understand lecturing another person about following her conscience.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options

It's a big deal to me to go to church and engage in corporate repentance. God knows, church attendees need to mourn for the crap we keep seeing in the news. I don't care if anyone else does or does not and I know that I am asking to be held responsible for what I believe with my public proclamation that I believe it. I understand that not every believer feels the need. I don't understand lecturing another person about following her conscience.

I’m sure I said this last year, but I don’t think I’ve seen one person in England wearing ashes. Whether they wash it off (like you suggested last year) or it’s just something people don’t really do over here anymore. Either way, if I saw it I would have a confused look and then probably realise what today is and then go about my day. No comments required or needed.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Little did I know. Coirker hasn't said a word since I actually went to church, but I interviewed for a promotion to manage my current work group. (Right now, I am a team lead for 5 people in this group.) I hadn't even actually applied for it, but my director seems to think I should have.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Little did I know. Coirker hasn't said a word since I actually went to church, but I interviewed for a promotion to manage my current work group. (Right now, I am a team lead for 5 people in this group.) I hadn't even actually applied for it, but my director seems to think I should have.

I hope it works out the best way for you!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I might make y'all crazy until the director makes a decision about the manager job. I am having to omit important information to keep from feeding the rumor mill.

I've told two people today that I would talk to Cindy about it if she asked me to bit I haven't applied for the job. Strictly true, but not telling that I have already talked to her. If I don't get it that would cause trouble for whomever does. My team would want me to get it.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I’m sure I said this last year, but I don’t think I’ve seen one person in England wearing ashes. Whether they wash it off (like you suggested last year) or it’s just something people don’t really do over here anymore. Either way, if I saw it I would have a confused look and then probably realise what today is and then go about my day. No comments required or needed.

The only place I saw it in England was in school, which was catholic, and even then it was the minority. I don't appreciate people lecturing me about my atheism, so I don't go around telling others how to display (or not) their own beliefs. While ever it does not harm, each to their own.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Good luck Mel however you want it to turn out.

My sore throat has turned into a full on head cold so we're skipping our usual kid's singing session because it's so loud and playing cars all morning. I ate mainly ice cream and mashed potatoes yesterday. I'd be fine if I could just have 24 hours to myself to rest but that won't happen. An uninterrupted night's sleep would be a good start, also unlikely!!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I hope you feel better fast, Spam. It's the pits to be sick and have to carry on.

Thanks for the good wishes. I still don't think I care how it turns out.