Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    5611 total steps.

Dog would not let me have a nap, so it may be an early night.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weigh in, at new high. New habits started yesterday so we shall see.

Hail like I have never seen yesterday and so cold that a half hour later it was still on the ground when it was safe enough to take dog out. I was glad to not be on the road. Was thinking of the line from the Wizard of Oz, "We are not in Kansas anymore".

Wave to all who follow.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Glad to see Lana was able to pop by yesterday.

@suzu_2 The new clothes are fun! I am enjoying boutique shopping. Never thought I would. Do you have any favorite places? I need to head that way this summer.

The clearing out the chests of drawers took four and a half hours. Took two bags of clothes to my mom for her to try. One huge bag to take to a friend at work for her church clothes closet, one medium bag of logo workwear to leave on the break room table for anyone who wants it. Now, I actually have a sock drawer again and one drawer is still empty! Maybe my next free day, I can tackle the dresser and the closet.

After the cleaning, I took the clothes to my mom's and hung out over there for a while. Came home and meal prepped for the week. My casserole made 6 servings. I ate one for supper last night and packed the other five for lunch this week. It is so delicious! But, Phew! I'm tired.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Twiley - I am a separates shopper. I will pick up a cute top at a discount store like TJ Maxx or Marshall's and then find the "perfect" long duster sweater or linen jacket to match 6 months later. The one thing I try to invest in is decent fitting pants and skirts. I may not always pay a lot for them, but I usually take them in to a good alterations shop or tailor to get the right hem professionally done in proportion to my body. Congrats on the new wardrobe!

Short work week for me. The Tigers are hosting the AAC basketball conference this week and I took off Thursday and Friday to cheer on the team.

In honor of Monday - LOL

d0o18lbmjvia.jpeg

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all!
    Long weekend - extra day off. Moved my middle daughter into a house they bought. So excited and proud, but will miss her living with us part time. Ate good and bad...we'll see how this week's weigh in reacts. didn't really track. we did get out trees tapped! Come on sunshine!
    Missy - 2 more casts? Wow. that is a long time yet...sorry to hear!
    Tillies Mom - I too miss the daylight in the AM. That is when my pup and i walk. Last week enjoyed the sunrise, not back to dark. but it is getting warmer!
    Twiley - congrats on the clean up!
    Dawn - I hope you are better - sounds like the flu!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lynn- Drs at my work think Flu, Mgr thinks pneumonia.... test said not Flu... so, I'm just going with a virus (flu) just will be happy when I am over it..I don't really remember ever feeling this miserable.. even when i've had bronchitis in the past....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    kgr8fi4bkkln.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    total steps 10697

heating pad and curl up with dog

wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Sometimes I fall asleep easily when I hit 10k and sometimes not.... last night was a not. Neighbor has parties on his "Fridays" which vary from week to week and he is a loud person anyway. Quietly hoping they dont continue his lease I know his neighbors on the other side complain about the noise.

Dr visit this morning, hope when she asks for a blood draw it doesnt take forever as I have to be home for a "window" of time for carpet cleaning. Some things still to move and to vacuum. We shall see. Rain in forecast is single digits during my outing so hoping for dry roads.

Will lurk when I can. Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Feel better Dawn! Good luck and dry roads Sara. I feel ya on the empty nest Lynn. I really miss my son and Baxter, but I'm really glad that he seems so happy.
    Busy morning! Happiness to all - Suzu
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    Feel better Dawn! Good luck and dry roads Sara. I feel ya on the empty nest Lynn. I really miss my son and Baxter, but I'm really glad that he seems so happy.
    Busy morning! Happiness to all - Suzu

Thank you!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    everything went okay today and I am standing at my computer typing as furniture stays off carpet until tomorrow. Have leftover pizza for tonight.

Dr said protein shakes for occasional snacks (not meal replacments) are okay but check the sugar grams.

Steps are down in # but dog is fed and the sun is out so I may go get some more walking in,

bbl.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    6889 total steps today not bad considering I have a day off

Sun shining and as heater is on higher than normal for carpet it has been a long day.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Standing as I type. Chairs etc get moved around lunchtime per carpet guy instructions. May as well do as I am told to keep this carpet cleaner.

Hair and nails day and then back to work tomorrow.

Wave to all who follow.
  • slcomer5
    slcomer5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Brand new member, I'm only 3 days in, and I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the advice, out there.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @slcomer5! We are a bit more relaxed than most groups. More support than advice. Settle in and ask anything or nothing. Most of us have been through it all.

• suzu_2
    Options
    hey @slcomer5 Welcome! This is a great group. What would you like to be called? I'm Suzu.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm becoming incredibly discouraged this time around.

In the past, when I wanted to lose weight I'd just cut my calories way, way back... to an unhealthy amount (1100 - 1200 calories.. I'm 5'11" so this was not very much). I didn't exercise except for 30 minute walks. This method left me feeling weak, foggy-headed, lethargic and cranky. And, of course, I would always gain the weight back eventually because hunger would take over eventually.

This time I'm eating around 1,450 calories a day and exercising for 45 - 60 minutes, 3-4 days a week. I am also focusing as much on strength training as cardio, so I can build muscle. I am keeping my macros in balance, drinking lots of water and unsweetened tea... but my weight isn't budging. I haven't bothered to measure myself yet... my mind is focused on the scale. That's how progress is measured in the app as well... I think that's why I am getting frustrated. Part of me knows it's irrational, that I should just focus on being healthy, but another part of me wants to see that number go down!!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    10199 steps

Have been swamped at work as we focused on an important project. It was done yesterday, so everyone more relaxed (and worn out) in office today. One frustrating thing was that they told to to make all arrangements for refreshments/snacks/meals and gave me a ridiculously low budget for 2 meals for the number of people they said. I managed to get everything we needed. Then they said budget even lower. So i reworked it to get it to where they wanted it. This was my entire week. Then Friday morning, they told me to cancel everything, that there would be no food at the event. Aggravating, but okay, whatever. Then Monday morning, suddenly they wanted food again! AARRRRRRRGGGHHH!

I did not eat well the past few days. Lack of time and stress eating got me. Last night, the team went out to celebrate. Fried pickle spears were my downfall. I am almost afraid to step on the scales today.

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Dawn - sure hope you get to feeling better. i think the bugs going around this year are a bit meaner than other years.