Serial Starters

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Dawn - glad gpa is well enough to get out of hospital.

Saltine - so sorry to hear about your Sabrina. it is never an easy decision.

Lana - sorry you are homesick. sounds like it is a beautiful place to visit.

Birgit - typical Monday here - cant access anything, computer not working, and a stack of work to deal with!

Sara - thank you for telling me what the pic was supposed to be. you should start your own business helping others with meal planning!

Today 14th Anniversary. Been together 17 years. Celebrated with night out last night. Tried to make good decisions but the free dessert was killer! However, scales not up today!

CW - 152.5
    HW - 216.0
    GW - 145.0
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Saltine ~ So very sorry about your kitty. Big, big hugs.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Kathryn - Happy Anniversary !!!!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    scarla67 wrote: »
    Not sure I understand the thread here but saw the animal photos and they made me smile - rough day at work, found out a client is seriously ill. Best part of my day was lady with 3 huge rambunctious dogs. I have been seriously chewed on, rolled on, bathed with dog slober, and covered in fur. So far food has gone well today but scale doesn't seem to be moving.

We are all huge animal lovers, here... most of us have fur babies or, at least daydream of having or riding in a convertible with one shotgun... sorry to hear about client... huge hugs... this is a great place to come for support and encouragement... and, just to unwind or get things off our chest... hope you come back, this is a great place to be...
  • arniedog74
    Saltine - so, so sorry about kitty...I wish there was more to do about renal failure....Drs have a cat that they have almost lost a few times due to that... she comes 3 times a week for fluids...a good friend of mine just lost her BF (Pit) of 14 years to it... just breaks my heart...I know it's a tough decision, but she will be better...I always say, they'll be running and playing, pain free... hugest hugs to you...
  • arniedog74
    Lana - hope you can enjoy rest of your visit... at least you are getting out... but, there's nothing like home...

Sara - you would be great at helping others... I'll be first on the list...I need all the help I can get...hehe

Birgit - sounds like you did something right... probably all the walking... interesting that your Labor Day is tomorrow... ours is in September...we have Memorial Day end of May....

Kathryn - Happy Anniversary... always the dessert, but I can never say no... not on special occasions, anyway...

Haven't heard anything on Gpa, today...no news is good news, right? He is back at nursing home and must have done ok thru the night.. otherwise, mom would have got a call from them... debating on going up this weekend as I'm off... but, Cousin may be having baby next weekend.... visit a baby and Gpa, sounds good to me...hehe..

Gotta get back to work... short handed and crazy day...

Have a great day! Enjoy the sunshine if you have it... rain in 2 days for us.. but, it's definitely needed...
  • arniedog74
    Missy - thank you...Gpa is on an uphill battle... he has a disease that is similar to Dementia and Parkinsons, together... so, it's just going to be an ongoing thing. And, never really sure if it's a symptom, if disease is causing issues or, just something completely different... no matter what, it's always scary... thankfully, he is ok now...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and taken care of.

Missy - #Goals- how many goals do I have? Hmmmm - find a bp drug that will work, get the scale to go in the other direction, find a better place to live (less $$). hmmmm - somehow eating chocolate is a lot easier!

Lurking from work, wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Tuesday morning...
    Sun is out....
    We are skipping the water exercise class today, but going on 2+ mile walk later.
    I leave for Denver on Wednesday; fly to NYC on Thursday. Get on scale on Friday. Looking forward to being home and making my own food.

Sara - are you still on BP drug #1, or did you get switched to #2? I hope you find an effective but good one; there are so many!

Waves to Dawn and Kathryn and Tess and Missy and Saltine and Ash and Birgit and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - I went on #2 drug the day I went to urgent care. The ankles are not so tender so I hope that is a good sign. I see pcp next week.

Rain surprised me this morning. Luckily it got us before dog walk.

at work - no cboys on duty in the office - so sad.
  • rckeys88
    rckeys88 Posts: 22 Member
    rckeys88 wrote: »
    Back in the saddle, thankful that MFP community keeps on trucking, motivated again, to quote Fred Astaire (I like old movies), "Pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again!"

Addition: Made it back to the gym that I've been paying monthly fees for. I now have two goals: In the near term, I want to go from 255 today to 240 by the end of this month (May 2018) prior to a family reunion. In the farther-off term, I'd like to be 200 and more fit/built by the end of July 2018 when my second oldest graduates from Marines' boot camp.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Taco salad without the tortilla chips for dinner, I have enough to make a third Thursday to take to work (snack size bag of chili Fritos waiting at work).

Brain is fried today.

rckeys - yeah!! making it to the gym is HUGE! Good job.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Good evening,

Taco salad without the tortilla chips for dinner, I have enough to make a third Thursday to take to work (snack size bag of chili Fritos waiting at work).

Brain is fried today.

rckeys - yeah!! making it to the gym is HUGE! Good job.

Wishing all a good night.

I have really been into guacamole, lately... any thoughts on what I can use instead of tortillas? Taco salad sounds so yummy!
  • arniedog74
    Hey all...I have a huge Challenge, with Scentsy, to beat by May 15th... if anyone needs anything, or you know anyone that may... please check out or pass along my site...I appreciate you... Thanks so much!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9069583
  • arniedog74
    I started Zombies, Run! again... not feeling it, yet...I think it's my location... went to park on lunch... they have a small loop to walk... it is ok... but, soon as school is out, park will be busy... it's not a very big park, so it will be even more discouraging for me... still thinking about going to park where I live, after work... it's 6 miles from home.. and, the way weather is, it'll probably be miserably hot at end of day... next 2 days are calling for rain... so, I guess I will see how I feel when I can get back to it... kinda sounds like I'm trying to talk myself out of this...lol
  • arniedog74
    Lana - hope you enjoyed your walk... safe travels to you!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Saltine, I’m so sorry about your kitty. We lost one of our kitties at age 7 to sudden kidney failure. It’s always too soon...

Thinking of you,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Dawn - pita bread you break up or cut into wedges and bake - or rice cakes?
  • arniedog74
    Dawn - pita bread you break up or cut into wedges and bake - or rice cakes?

Didn't think about pita bread... great idea... thanks so much
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Got on scale up even more- will speak with pcp on this next week to see if it is a short term side effect- if she wants me to be losing weight, it is not happening. I know people gain a lot of weight when they are on steroids, so maybe similar.

I second Dawn's safe travels to Lana - long journey so hopefully not too many food diversions.

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.