Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    cqueenbee this is an open board, welcome!! and stop by and post when you can.

Lana - as I am not having a reaction to this med - she may lower the dose and/or I may find out that the side effects are short term. Luckily it is Wednesday and she can see my weight in its "glory"....I dont feel like the puffy marshmallow man like I did last week.

Dinner will be small and probably surprise me.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning. Weight up again - another 2.6 pounds, will ask pcp on Wednesday if this is a long term problem from the meds she put me on. Granted my eating has been mediocre as I am so irritated at the weight gain......

Miss T is on Apoquel on a lower dose than the first time, but she is doing better.

Why is it I sleep so much better when I know it is my weekend and Sunday night is so hard to sleep?

Wave to all who follow.

I do exactly the same! Could not get to sleep at all, last night..
  • arniedog74
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Yetis are expensive. Save a few bucks and get an Rtic or Bubba. Both work as well and cost less.

This weekend was like a crash & burn for me. Went to a friends house for Cinco de Mayo. She fixed several gallons of margaritas (along with a ton of mexican food that I ate too much of). I dont even like margaritas but I certainly did that day. Sunday, my hair hurt! Today, I feel better but scale says I am up 7 pounds since Friday. :(

2 of mine actually are Rtic...1 Bubba Keg...1 Yeti... Yeti was gift from Gma, she insisted I have 1... how do ya say No?
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hey all...Got word from Mom this morning that Gpa is not doing well at all... they did not send him to hospital...we have decided, there is no reason...I have talked to people in Forum's whose loved ones suffer(ed) from same disease... this is normal progression and will probably only continue to get worse...I think he is giving up...I will go see him this weekend, if nothing happens before then...I will be by, but may not post... just a lot to take in, right now... thank you all for your support, prayers and kind words...

Have a great night..
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you, Dawn, and your Gpa and family....

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Lana - what prompted your retirement? Because of your shoulder movement issues? It is not that it is "none of your business" about my meds, but I can read all I want about the meds and worry about things that may not happen. The blowfish symptoms are easing for which I am grateful.

Dawn - your gpa "giving up" is an active decision on his part- he is lucky to have a choice in the matter. Standing on the sidelines watching is "kitten". Find comfort where you can.

Kathryn - hope your world is coming into focus a little better, but that may mean a pile of household chores or work so wear sunglasses from the potential glare. Couch in the corner is still there today.

Today's lunch is a repeat of yesterday - chinese chicken salad -peanuts/salad mix/broccoli slaw mix and ground chicken (got lazy did not want to sit there and cook pieces of chicken) with a ginger/soy dressing.

Tomorrow is off- 2 dr apt and pedicure - so I will see about where I can get my best lunch.

Wave to all who follow. Passing around strong cups of coffee- this week will be long.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    coffee and doughnuts for all of us today!! Yippee- I am eating mine with a spoon to ration myself. I know, I know, willpower is almost out the door ready to go on vacation. Working on it- I got the smallest doughnut they had.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options

Dawn - Hugs--sorry to hear about Gpa. This will be hard. Hang in there dear.

Sara - I have to retire because my body has improved very little since the cancer treatment, and I no longer have the physical strength to do my job. Plus, I have the cognitive issues, and I would be a danger to myself and others backstage. So, I'm done and transitioning from disability to retirement.

Waving to Kathryn and Tess and Birgit and Saltine and Missy and Ash and anyone else who wants to peek in and say hello.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, dog up and fed.

Turning lights and dvd off (at the moment it is broken but I ordered another one) has helped greatly with sleeping. Amazing how our habits get in the way.....

Lana - I was wondering if the after effects of your cancer didnt "get in the way". Most people I know are running towards the door when thinking of retirement - so I am sorry you can no longer do a job you loved. Make sure to get Medicare part B. You have to pay for it (which is why many dont have it) and if you get it in the right "window" of time there is not a penalty - I hope your Union Rep talked about it.

Three appointments today - so day off. First two are medical and last one is my pedicure. Weather is cooperating and we are having Spring like weather. My car has an a/c if you can call it that. I was thinking of getting a water jug like Dawn was talking about for longer car trips.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Good morning!
    Yes, union rep explained everything, along with a "calendar" of when certain things will happen. I will review it with them again whenever I need to. Thank you for that good advice!
    Good luck with your medical appointments today, and I hope your pedicure makes you happy! What color will you choose today?

Big hugs to everyone else out there~~

I'm rushing to pack and get to the airport! 2.5 weeks in NC for me--hopefully in the pool, working out. Yay!!!

Lana

236.0 today (this is a good recovery from the salt and sugar bombs of recent days)
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thank you all for prayers and kind words...Gpa is a little more alert, today. They took him outside and he was trying to open his eyes... mom asked if he remembered me and he nodded.. she told him I loved him and that I was coming to see him and he smiled a little...I don't think I'll go till the weekend...I am resigned to believe that this is the way he will be from now...we just panic and think this is it... but, this may be the next phase of the disease...I hate to think of him living like this, he would not want it, but there is no cure, there is no treatment... there is only waiting
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, I am proud that you have a realistic look at your Gpa's illness - see him when you can - he will appreciate it.

I will be taking a water pill, pcp was glad I asked if the symptom would go away and she said no- so as I do not want to be a permanent blowfish, water pill it is. Good news I can use my allergy medicine and my bp at the 2nd apt was good - 1st apt no. Have an apt set for my first colonoscopy- will check with lady driving to see what her schedule says for that date.

Pedicure at 2 - bought salad at store for lunch with a couple squares of dark chocolate.

bbl.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, boy I am up early. Congestion today and just decided phooey - hoping for more sleep before dog walk.

Have colonoscopy apt set and a list of do/dont do - will ask driver if day is okay. The idea of vaseline was mentioned..... dont want to get "kittened" this early in the morning.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work -surprised??
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Eve, everyone. It’s been a looonnnggg week at work. Board of Directors meeting next Monday and Tuesday - will be glad when that’s over.

Waves to all - I’m lurking and being supportive even if I’m not posting these days.

Dreaming of C-boys,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Tess and Sara and Dawn~
    Waving to Kathryn and Birgit and Saltine and Missy and everyone else who stops by later on.

It's time to plan the meals for the day. Goal is to eat only healthy things; I must get very serious for "weigh in" on Sunday. There's been too much slacking on this side of the Cabana Club.

BBL

236.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Just an extra note before work, I bought a new humidifier -got tired of filters and the $$ and the one I had had seen better days. I may have to be better about cleaning the tank.....have an extra filter will leave at work, things seem to leave the "free area" quickly.

Tess - hang in there we are at end of fiscal year ourselves and it is too much. Hmmm shall we send you a surprise visit from a cboy?? They have gotten too bored, we need to get them working again.

Lana - can more exercise fit in to a better weigh in as well? I know you were talking about using the pool while you were down there.

Gave myself a facial last night as my "easy" day went out the door and left me a little frazzled.

Toddle off to work time.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Dawn - very good that your gpa remembers you! The past few times to visit my mom, she has not known me. Will see how she is this weekend.

Sara - sorry to hear you have to take a pill to counteract the effects of another pill. sounds like you have a fun filled day lined up with colonoscopy prep! Yes, vaseline is a must. I certainly found that out when i prepped for mine.

Lana - good luck and hang in there with healthy choices! I have been struggling with that myself.

Tess - long week here as well. May is just really drawn out with the race and all the activities that entails!

*waves to everyone who drops in*
    *pulling lounge chair into sunshine, have Cboys supply drinks and foot massages!*

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Will put call into pcp - reread prep manual for colonoscopy - my daily meds happen too close to prep start, so the handout asked that I contact pcp at least 2 weeks prior.....

Fruit / vegetable box arrived. Lots of apples so maybe apple sauce. Would ginger work in applesauce? Got some of that too.

Week of colonoscopy my menu has to alter significantly - so my "ideas" for meals almost worked - no cheese. So I can still make shepherd's pie and breakfast burritos or eggs with candian bacon/english muffin but quiche is out.

TGIF all over the place. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning everyone~~

Well, yesterday went completely off kilter. Emotional freak out. Going to try to improve today by eating more regularly and not letting myself get too hungry, leading to then bad combinations and eating too much.

On the plus side---pool heater got the temp up to 77 yesterday, so I was able to get in and swim around for at least 30 minutes. Gorgeous day today with a high high, so pool heater (a heat pump) will get it up there to the 80 degrees I need. Yay!

Sara - what a project this colonoscopy is. However, anything and everything is worth it to ensure that conditions are as good as possible for procedure.

Apples: slice one up and sauté in a small amount of butter with some cinnamon. It's like eating a piece of warm apple pie, and the house smells good.

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Missy. Birgit where are you?
    Ash must have run away with New Mr. Man......

Welcome to anyone who wants to stop by and say hello~~

Lana

237.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    Options
    With all the bad...a good morning... my Cousin had her baby this morning and all went well... happy, healthy baby boy.. Colton Lewis was born at 10:05 am at 8lbs 5oz... not sure how long, but chubby little cheeks...hehe...it's not the best situation, but he's here, and hope for the best...

Gpa not doing well at all... glad I'm going to see him, tomorrow...

Stopped at thrift store yesterday and bought a digital scale for $1... after finally getting it to work (fancy with BMI) I definitely did not like the number...3lbs lower than the highest weight I've ever been... ugh... not surprised, tho... so, today, I am drinking lots of water...I was gifted a fun water bottle with infuser, so I am trying that out... not sure best fruit, yet... just using frozen mixed berries as I stopped at store on way to work...

Sorry for not replying to anyone's posts... thinking of you all...