Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Drama with DD resulted in consumption of a pint of chocolate ice cream last night. So scales up today. :(

Lana - have a safe trip!

Dawn - what did you end up having with your guacamole? what is Zombies, Run?

Sara - how is the new med? are you still doing ok?

Well, back to work now.....

*waves to all who drop by*

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - today's another day...I haven't made guac this week...lol... I've had it twice in the last few weeks and used tortilla chips... Will have to see about pita bread... Zombies, Run! is an App that has a Zombie apocalypse storyline... it's kind of interesting...I love all things Zombie...hehe... you go at your own pace... you "collect" items like a game... if you turn on "chases" it will actually tell you to run from Zombies, off and on, so the Zombies won't catch you... it is a free App, but they try to get you to subscribe to Premium... they don't harass you, tho...I'm contemplating subscribing as it's only $4/mo or $25/yr... they actually have a radio station on the App, if you subscribe... it's interesting...I enjoy it...
    Hope you have a better evening and don't beat yourself up about the ice cream... sounds yummy today!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Kathryn - I agree with Dawn, one mistake is okay - are you still eating only ice cream? I remember days of it in college.

Potluck at work, taking my remaining tomatoes - not participating - way too much food. I made a salad and will enjoy.

Allergy season is almost here and I see my pcp next week in time to ask if my allergy meds can be used with my bp meds. That is the plan at least.

Lana - hope you made it home safely.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Waking up in Denver now. En route to nyc via Philly. Will be home in the evening.

Hugs to All~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello Again Ladies~~

I'm killing time at the airport. Denver is having a rainy day today. Cross your fingers that I have no trouble getting back east.

Sara - Good to know you have PCP next week re BP drugs/symptoms. Hang in there dear one!

I'm told that at least one Cabana Boy if not two will be accompanying all of us throughout the day to keep us happy so we stay On Program. That will be good.

See you all later or tomorrow~~

Lana

Fingers are fat - today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Having a cranky day, despite (or maybe because of) the sunshine and warmer weather. Can someone please send a C-boy to DC for me? Preferably with a strawberry margarita (it’s fruit!).

Grumpily,

Tess
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Yucky gray (but hot) day here. Storms went this morning so the humidity is crazy right now. Hard to concentrate on work when your clothes are sticking to you! (no a/c yet)

Please send a C-boy masseuse to Indiana for me!
  • birgitwebster
    birgitwebster Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi all.

wrote this mega long post yesterday and then hit "done" instead of "post reply" because on my phone lot seems to be the logically thing to push.... :unamused:

so rather than going back through all the posts, here's a hug for all of you: especially for the passing of Sabrina the cat; for the daughter drama and the ice cream; for safe travels; for the cranky ones, and everyone else.

i really should start using the laptop more... this is not much fun on the small phone screen.

it's been really busy at work but I keep getting my lunchtime walk in. been walking/running 3.2 mi every night, mostly 50 minutes which I think is pretty good. three weeks from today I'll be beaching.... am bringing my personal cabana boy though his body mass probably qualifies for two.... :lol:

WI this morning was still 189.2. tried something different today. actually got up when my alarm went off at six and did 2 miles on the treadmill. I am NOT a morning person at all, so this is HUGE! hit my 10,000 steps at lunchtim. that was different.

potluck brunch at work tomorrow... we will see how that goes.

good night all. :sunglasses:

CW 189.2
    HW 206.0
    GW 175.0
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    0pk8f1mvubbm.png

Tess here is a drink without the calories - like the whipped cream on top of the strawberry margarita
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

TGIF!! before I get any further.

Dog keeps me on schedule, but sometimes she is too early....hoping for some zzz before walk.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work. TGIF (this week 2 is needed)
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    0pk8f1mvubbm.png

Tess here is a drink without the calories - like the whipped cream on top of the strawberry margarita

Perfect, Sara! That brightened my day.

Happy Friday all!

Tess
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Birgit - have hit that "done" button more times than I would like to admit! It is frustrating!

Sara - not sure why (and I am not complaining!) the picture of the margaritas came through! wow!

Am so trying to get back into the routine of working out. After I got back from vacation in April, it seems everything at work went into warp speed. Have no longer been working out each afternoon with co-workers. I am not doing well on trying to work out on my own. I really need a kick in the butt on this!!

I really miss my treadmill. Never should have let my husband talk me into getting rid of it! :(

Hope everyone is doing well!

*waves to all who drop by*
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Good morning All~~

Good to be home, but lots of all sorts of catching up to do.

Kathryn - as Sara often says: one thing at a time. You will get back into your good habits, but don't be too hard on yourself as that may make things seem negative and overwhelming. Hugs!

Birgit - I know you are trying mightily to get to a certain number by your vacation, but I do have to congratulate you on breaking through that 90 decade. Well done lady! Keep chipping away with your exercise. You are doing very well~

Sara - the strawberry drinks look good. I see you have put them on the regular menu at the Cabana Club~

Dawn and Tess and Missy and Saltine - sending you hellos~

The Do List is a Mile long.

*tossing caftan and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

236.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • stronginhimalone
    stronginhimalone Posts: 80 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Looking for motivational, active Myfitnesspal buddies! Seeing I've started and stopped several times myself I'm looking first here. Feel free to add me! I'm hoping I stick with it this time. Stopping the log just to over time put on all I worked hard to loose prior is downright insanity. I'm sick of that cycle and ready to stick at logging and reap the rewards. Anyone with me?
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Good morning All~~

Good to be home, but lots of all sorts of catching up to do.

Kathryn - as Sara often says: one thing at a time. You will get back into your good habits, but don't be too hard on yourself as that may make things seem negative and overwhelming. Hugs!

Birgit - I know you are trying mightily to get to a certain number by your vacation, but I do have to congratulate you on breaking through that 90 decade. Well done lady! Keep chipping away with your exercise. You are doing very well~

Sara - the strawberry drinks look good. I see you have put them on the regular menu at the Cabana Club~

Dawn and Tess and Missy and Saltine - sending you hellos~

The Do List is a Mile long.

*tossing caftan and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

236.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

Woo hoo! Yer WI is good after trip!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I have found a way to have soda and drink water, too! I have no idea if it's terrible for me...as far as ingredients... but, I drank almost 64oz before 11:00am... they have these little, individual packets of "soda flavor" kind of like Crystal Light...I got IBC Cherry Cola...I can tell it's not soda.... but, I'm drinking water... it is only 5 cal... sodium is still 120mg (yes I know, too much) probably, whatever they use to make it isn't good for me... but, soda isn't either..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning. Dog up and fed and more zzz for me?? Hope so. Trying to figure out meals for week. Blech.

Dawn- check out ingredients in your IBC Cola - what artificial sweeteners are in it? Or is it corn syrup solids? Why would a sweet drink have so much sodium?? Ultimately you are drinking more liquids right?

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Woke up to news of Gpa being back in ER... same thing... but, said he couldn't move left arm... which, is hand he uses... they want to keep him to observe him... but, if they don't understand disease, they won't find anything...I just don't know how to help... when I try to reach out to people, no one responds...I can't imagine what this is like for people with this disease. There are not enough people that understand it, much less have even heard of it.... they say "uh huh " when you mention it, but they have never heard of it...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - ugh...I just looked...Aspartame... so much for a new way to drink water... back to plain water... ugh
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - is aspartame a sweetener you can use? Some of the sweeteners are "supposed to" make you drink more or eat more - it is up to you. Sucralose has more dangers. Aspartame has been around longer. Up to you.....consider buying lemons/lime and putting into water.

Your Gpa is in a good place, this will sound wrong but I almost hope while he is in observation that they will witness the symptoms he is having - 1) he is in a safe place and 2) if they can see "it" they may be able to create a game plan. Being on the sidelines is frustrating - take a long walk or breathe deeply when you can.

Lunch is ready, bbl.