Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been around, still pretty emotional with having to put down my baby kitty. Weight is about the same...yoyo effect up & down. Took my dogs for a 40 min walk on Monday & because I haven't done that in quite some time I had to carry one part way home (about 10 min) because she was limping but then she wanted to get down...when we got home it was like I ran a marathon with them...lol so tues & wed we went for 30 min & will work our way up week by week.

Dawn~ so sorry about your Gpa, spend as much time with him as you can & love every minute of it!!

Waves to Sara, Tess, Lana, Katheryn & anyone else who stops by.

Oh & Happy Mother's Day to all!!

Have a great weekend!

~Saltine~ >:)
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Dawn - Congratulations on the new baby in the family. A bright little star!

Saltine - So sad about your kitty. They are just like people, and grieving is awful.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Here it is dinnertime, and I tracked my food as the day went by, but did not actually plan it all ahead.
    So, I am in the red with no calories for my nighttime snack. Usually that's Cheerios and milk, so not horrible if I eat it and go way over.

Obviously goal for tomorrow is to do better. Maybe I can enter some tonight for tomorrow....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

Got a great piece of good news- the plant blooming that I am allergic to was trimmed today!!! So fewer blooms. Yippee! I also found out that for the prep day of my colonoscopy my pcp says I can skip that dose (the next dose would be after the surgery....) which makes things a lot easier.

Going online to see how to connect my dvd and tv......

Dawn, love baby news. Hope your visit with gpa goes well. Saltine I let my dog walk as much she wants after all it is her walk....

Wishing all a good night.

ps okay 2 good pieces of news I got the dvd/tv to speak to one another and I have a Spencer Tracy/Katherine Hepburn movie dvd waiting......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Okay one last thing before I try and settle in for the night- computer hackers. What gives?? I dont think I "linked" or starteda a computer mess, but gee whiz.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2018
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning.

Hacker comment last night friend had her email hacked and I opened her email. I know many things have responses or clicks to links that are viruses so I hope by closing email all is okay. Did a little research online and removed cache on computer and re ran security system and chatted with someone from Kaspersky ( my security software) this morning so keeping fingers crossed no great harm done. For such a nice process - the Internet has so many stresses.

Dog up and fed will look for more sleep.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning!

Sara - you're probably ok with computer/hacking. Good news about the allergy plants being trimmed. I hope you have a nice weekend.

I am grateful for plenty of sunshine today and tomorrow--very good for the mood problems.

*tossing towel and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

235.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2018
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning. Dog up and fed.

Groceries and then in cooking. New neighbor got home at 11 - dog let me know. Otherwise quiet over there. Have not seen/met yet.

Lana - good job on the scale ## going down. Keep up the good work.

Sleep time for me? That would be nice.

BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~

The sun is out here, and it should be a good day.

Cauliflower is trimmed and ready to steam, then stowed in fridge for various uses/salads.
    Apples are my fresh fruit for the next few days.

Scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese for brunch. Skipping the English muffin, which leads to excess slathering of the butter.
    I've been going way easy on the breads and avoiding my measured chocolate chips treat, and that seems to be helping with the scale.

Sara - have a good shopping/cooking day. See you at the Cabana Club later on.

Waves to all who stop by later.

Lana

234.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dawn, you said it well, he is no longer suffering which is most important. Sending good thoughts to you and your family.

Lana- cauliflower fried rice is not bad at all.

Wishing all a good night.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you, Dawn, and your family. Sending you comforting hugs.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Water pill is working lost almost half of my water weight gain in a week. Dont recommend this unless under dr orders, I expected slower change, but as I have to take both pills they will "balance" each other out. We shall see.

My grocery store visit included buying something I cant eat (ingredients and a past date), I got distracted. So much for that lunch......I know it only gets worse as I get older.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Hi everyone...I will be away a bit longer... Grandpa passed away this morning.... so hard... but, knowing he is not suffering is what makes it ok...I will check in, soon... just can't think right now...

Dawn - So sorry to hear this. You will miss him. Big, big hugs.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - glad to hear that the water pill is working. Sorry to hear about the unusable purchase. You are not the only one--knowing that may not help, but I hope it does.
    My digestive tract has a hard time with rice, so I eat it very rarely. Once in a great while I will buy some store-made sushi. I do love it though. Plain rice with lots of butter reminds me of my grandmother. I still miss her.

Tess, I am jealous that you have 500 days of logging in! Congratulations. Cabana Boys are on their way to DC.
    I bet Sara has more days than any of us. She is our Rock of Gibraltar!

Waving to Kathryn and Missy and Saltine and Birgit and Ash and anyone else who stops by later on.

Welcome to any new peeps who peer through the rhododendrons.....

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    sq8sg18qrt23.jpg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana- I stopped logging awhile back but the system says I have consecutive days of being here...... so a rock but maybe not such a respected rock.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Dawn~I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa, miss him, love him & remember him as much as you need!! Big hugs to you & your family!

Lana~ Great job on the Wl!!

Sara~Thank you, good advice on walking my dogs, however I sometimes forget it is their walk & not mine...haha

Tess~Congrats on reaching 500!! Great dedication on your part!

Have a great day & waves to all who stop by later on.

~Saltine~ >:)