Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, you are such a wonderful daughter, she has no clue what she is doing or saying would hurt you.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Gears are turning at work - not usually a good thing, so will wait to see what color smoke comes out the chimney-hahaha.

Up with dog - got a good nights sleep wrapped up like a mummy - go figure.

With warmer weather I am eating more salads, but getting a little dull -any ideas for meals on hot days?

Coworkers so distracting with their chatter that I had to put earphones on to do more difficult processes. Just shake my head.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options

This might be one of "those" weeks where I veer off course regarding salt, pick up a few pounds, manage to get rid of them, then the scale on Sunday says "the same". I appreciate being able to see the day-to-day problems.

I guess having the potstickers and dipping sauce on the same day as the ham sandwich and a salty blue cheese snack was not a good plan, even though I was technically within calories. My body loves to retain that water.

Sara - salads are my a part of my life, and yes indeed, they can become dull, so I change 1) the bowls/plates 2) the dressing and 3) the sweet ingredient (grapes, apples, etc) and 4) the protein (meat or eggs or beans).
    If your salad can be your dinner, then the changing of the plates/bowls really can help.

Also I frequently eat Noosa Yogurt. It is full-fat and double the calories as a Chobani, but the satisfaction factor is really there. I vary what nuts or granola/cereal I put in for crunch.

I also try to remember when I eat my salad meals that "this is the tool" and "this will help me get to my goal".

Let us know what color comes out of the chimney at work! Sorry about the noisy co-workers! Ugh.

Waving to everyone else who pops by today. Gotta get going!

Lana

236.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    May I join, please? I lost 60 lbs from March 2016-July 2017, then gained 50 back to date. I need to lose 100 lbs. Would prefer to do it in a year, but my goal is by 2023 (five-year plan.) My morning has not started well. I lack motivation to get up and prepare a proper breakfast. I did prep my lunches for the week and I started back to the gym last week. Three days a week of Power Flow Yoga and treadmill.

Any other suggestions on how to get motivated for the mornings?

Tracy

Today's weight: 214
    Highest ever: 375
    Goal: 118
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Welcome Tracy!! Join us and stop by and post when you can.

I am a morning person, probably not the best to answer "motivation", but if you dont get started- you dont go anywhere - oops just heard a song from a movie - put one foot in front of the other - Mary Poppins?

at work bbl.
  • Twiley510
    Options
    I'm actually a morning person too. I just haven't been motivated to prepare my breakfast. My prep time has been spent on my Kindle instead. My brain needs an attitude adjustment. :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Unless you eat your Kindle!!!! Try new breakfast foods- think outside the box. Add fruit in the morning is a good way to get the 4/5 a day in and provide variety.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    It has been a long week.....

eo22vz4c2v4h.png

Wednesday -still not Friday

sti9la81gj93.png

okay I did Monday and Tuesday, I'd like to pass Go, collect $200 and move straight to Friday now!

ykrcpnpn286m.png

a poem about work - coffee, blah blah blah, drive home, wine

Kathryn these were too good to miss.....

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Microsoft update took a lot longer than I planned, got a good piece of knitting in and a nap. Will see about some zzz before dog walk.

Cheese zuchinni enchilada with rice for lunch. Found in freezer. Bag of zuchinni for next batch also in freezer.... so I will be making another batch this month??

Going into the jewelry/necklaces I have but dont usually wear - need to wake up the neighbors at work and if I bought them I should use them, right??

Yes, it is a dull day, but staying under the radar is my plan.........

Wave to all who follow. Lurking as always.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara - I like the things you posted! Enjoy your jewelry!

Welcome to Tracy. Don't stress on motivation. Stop by and help us!

Waving to Dawn and Tess and Kathryn and Missy and Saltine and anyone else who pops by to say hello~~

*putting towel and beach bag onto lounge chair for later on*

Lana

236.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Today's breakfast was simple. Pre-cooked Turkey Sausage and a banana. Lunch will be a 4 oz ground beef patty and snap peas with Caesar dressing. Feeling good about today!

We can all do this.

Today's: 213.8
    Highest Ever: 375
    Goal: 118
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara - love those!! I was 95% done with the week yesterday after drama at work. Turns out it was nothing major. Someone just making mountain out of molehill.

Lana - I'll be pulling a lounge chair over by you later!!

Weight is up again. Will be a tough week, food wise. Been doing ok while at home and work but rest of week/weekend will be at Jeep Jamboree where they supply all meals. It is in the middle of nowhere so there is not like there is an alternative food choice. :/

157.0 CW
    216.0 HW
    145.0 GW
  • Twiley510
    Options
    "Weight is up again. Will be a tough week, food wise. Been doing ok while at home and work but rest of week/weekend will be at Jeep Jamboree where they supply all meals. It is in the middle of nowhere so there is not like there is an alternative food choice. :/"

Would you be able to carry along some healthy snacks to curb some appetite for the meals? I love to take Larabars or trail mix along to keep me from eating so many unhealthy things. I still eat whatever is offered, just not to excess.

Tracy
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Tracy - I am taking healthier snacks for the trails, but wont be able to take complete meals. I know they tend to serve the high cal "comfort foods"
  • Twiley510
    Options
    Understandable. Sometimes, we just have to do the best we can and get back on track when we get home. Enjoy the event and don't sweat the menu!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Missy

https://www.skinnytaste.com/cheesy-zucchini-enchiladas/

These freeze nicely there is also a stuffed zucchini boat recipe on that website so when you are up to your ears with zucchini remember this website.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

My Friday again. Had a hair apt and expected more dr apt, but didnt happen so asked coworker who usually has Friday off if she wanted to go thrift store/shoe shopping. All on same street, so good deal.

Have all the makings for another batch of enchiladas, so on my to do list this weekend.

Hoping for a little more zzz before dog walk and work. Of course I always say that ;)

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Only one eye open so far....

*Sarong and beach bag on favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

235.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning and Happy Friday,

Up with dog. Back for more sleep and will eat before walk. Have shopping to do after haircut so trying to ration food so I will not get hungry before lunch.

Will make the enchilada's listed above - I use tomato sauce and not enchilada sauce - I can never find "mild" sauce. I will also cook up chicken for chicken teriyaki salads next week. Week after that is setting up for colonoscopy so very different menu items (sweet potato shepherd's pie/ breakfast burritos/eggs and ham with English muffins as ideas).

Realized I need to purge closet to get hangers if I buy anything, but that is probably a good idea anyway.....

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~
    I hope that you get a nice haircut today and otherwise enjoy your 3-day weekend.

Gloomy day here both outside and inside my head. Time to go look to see what temperature the pool water is. If it's below 80, it is really, really hard for me to get in and stay in to work out. Heater doesn't work right, but Pool Boys don't know what's wrong.

Waves to all who stop by later.

Lana

238.X today - *Kitten* :(
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal