Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Dawn - Sorry to hear about your Gpa. Sara said it perfectly, so I can't add anything else helpful except to send you big hugs. Also her advice re sweeteners is excellent.

Sara - you will come up with something interesting for food for the week--you always do. How is your supply of vegetables? Do you like salmon or tuna? Maybe some cooked chilled fish for easy to throw together dinners? If not, maybe chicken.
    Now I'm nervous: you eat meat, right? My poor brain cannot, at this moment, remember, so forgive me.

Waving to Birgit and Saltine and Kathryn and Ash and Missy and anyone else who peeks in later on....

Lana

235.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - woo hoo on WI!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara/Lana - Gpa is refusing more tests... mom is refusing more tests... they didn't find anything, last week... don't think they will, now... he is still there, but he is perfectly fine...the disturbing part, the nurse that sent him to hospital, had no idea he went to hospital last week...I know, she may not have been there... but, you would think, she would have known, since he was gone for a couple nights..I would love for them to witness things while he's in hospital... but, I truly think, a lot of it is in his mind... he hallucinates...I just don't think there is anything to find...

Re sweetener... aspartame is what is in most Diet sodas and has been linked to memory loss... it's really bad for you... I'm so bummed... I'm not a fan of lemon in anything... I've seen infusers, just not been able to afford... so, plain water for now... just have to have it really cold... thank goodness for my Bubba Keg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    Lana - I must be gaining the weight you are losing!! Keep up the good work.

Dawn - reward yourself for drinking water somehow, it does help. I had to look up Bubba Keg, I thought it was a drink.....

Hoping to nap before dog wants dinner.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Got small nap in with Miss Tillie. She is fed. Pita bread pizza for me tonight.

Ground chicken for chicken fried rice and salads this week. Lana - I am trying to eat more meatless meals. Used to be able to eat seafood, but not able to anymore. Glad you made it home safely.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I would be lost without Bubba...I've had it for about 7- 8 years... it's the only mug/ jug I've held onto thru multiple moves... it truly does keep things cold for most the day... usually still have ice at end of day...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dawn - someone at work has a Yeti and when it gets over 100 here I can see how valuable they are. May need to look into one.

Dog is up and fed. Her allergies (scratching) is annoying, but she is on meds for it, so it could be worse.

Teriyaki chicken salad for lunches this week (3) - Wednesday I have 3 apts.

Lana- how are things settling down now you are home again?

More ZZZs?? I hope so. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Happy Sunday All~

The food has settled down, now that I'm home, but I forgot to weigh in this morning. duh.

Time to stretch out and watch some television. Today is a day of goofing off for me.

Lana

• arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- hope Miss T allergies don't get too bad... seeing lots of it at work, pollen everywhere...I have a couple Yeti's, too... but, my Bubba holds 64oz and keeps the water cold all day...I try to drink a whole one, every day...

Lana- good to see you! Enjoy your goof off day...

• LanaCabana537
    Options

A sort-of sundae on a Sunday.....

chilled cut up banana with walnuts and chocolate syrup, cherry on top.

Yum!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Missy - hi! Glad to hear Apoquel working for pup... it's a life saver for a lot of pups at work... my mom just started her Visla on it.. going to see how my pup does with her allergies, might try Apoquel for her...Yeti's are pricey, mine were gifts to me...I love them...

Lana - that sounds like a fun Sunday... yummy

• arniedog74
    Options
    I still have a Challenge going on with Scentsy, if anyone is interested... thanks so much..

https://dawnleach.scentsy.us/party/9069583
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning. Weight up again - another 2.6 pounds, will ask pcp on Wednesday if this is a long term problem from the meds she put me on. Granted my eating has been mediocre as I am so irritated at the weight gain......

Miss T is on Apoquel on a lower dose than the first time, but she is doing better.

Why is it I sleep so much better when I know it is my weekend and Sunday night is so hard to sleep?

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - my condolences re the scale. There must be something in the wind, because I was up 3 pounds in the past two day: definitely off leash and off program on my part, and that scale KNOWS.

In your case, look up that med they gave you and see if it is known to cause weight gain. Do you feel more lethargic on the med? I know you will get it ironed out or changed. Good luck in doing that swiftly.

I have a very important meeting re retirement this morning. Crossing fingers I will understand it all and do the right thing.

Missy - you are rocking it with that 3-pronged exercise routine! You are fortunate to have a walking buddy to add to your Zumba and gym work.

Wednesday I go to southern home, and it's time to heat up that pool for water exercise!!

Everyone have a decent day. BBL

Lana

238.6 today up 3.4 from 235.2 two days ago *sob*
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    lana swollen ankles are a known side effect....get all the handouts you can today at the retirement meeting.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yetis are expensive. Save a few bucks and get an Rtic or Bubba. Both work as well and cost less.

This weekend was like a crash & burn for me. Went to a friends house for Cinco de Mayo. She fixed several gallons of margaritas (along with a ton of mexican food that I ate too much of). I dont even like margaritas but I certainly did that day. Sunday, my hair hurt! Today, I feel better but scale says I am up 7 pounds since Friday. :(

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn, wowie you really did party!! You gained in one weekend what my meds has done for me in a month - come sit in the corner with me and we can lick our wounds and gossip.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Race you to the corner, Sara! Sounds nice & quiet compared to my office at the moment!

Part of Saturday is a bit fuzzy, but I was told I had a great time! ;)
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Girls, is there room in the corner for me?

Sara - I'll admit it: I am a little annoyed for you that you have puffy ankles from your meds. Are you willing to reveal what med they have you on? I just ask because I am a Nosy Parker and General Problem Solver, now retired......
    Ever since having the breast cancer and the treatment, I am sensitive to puffy anythings.
    Feel free to tell me that you have strict orders from The Mother Ship and Command Central to keep all details under wraps. :wink:

I sincerely hope that your physician can switch you to something else that will lower the blood pressure without causing the puffing up/water retention.

Heck, some BP meds come with a water-pill element built in, so that this doesn't happen--However, not saying that this is a good idea for you. It can strip out potassium. Just wanting you to have relief. Most patients with high blood pressure are looking to avoid water retention....

Good grief, have I blathered on just a tad too much??? YES, indeed!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sara, my retirement thing today was not a group lecture or informational.
    It was the Real Deal: A One on One with the Treasurer of my local: I signed my official retirement papers--July 1st it is. I was almost sick with grief.

We all grouse and complain about our work, but jeeez, I did not want to retire this early (I'm 62.5). I would have wanted to be able to work until at least 65 or 66. I loved more of my job than I hated, and I've pretty much done only this one thing since I was 13 in high school. Lurking in the shadows backstage, running the lights....

On the flip side, I will not be taunted any longer by trays of bagels and doughnuts and candy and cupcakes by the dozen in the theater basement, and it has been nice to have the time to try to get 8 hours of sleep a night.

Mother of Pearl this has been long. Thank you for listening.

*Cabana Boys bringing smelling salts to the Serial Starters to revive them for Happy Hour*

Hugs to me and hugs to you all. We need it.

Lana
  • cqueenbee12
    cqueenbee12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I am allowed to join your group bc I am not a Weight watchers gal. I just saw the serial starters part, and that sounds like me in every way.