What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    @MiniTacos Please share your egg drop soup recipe....looks amazing!
  • amesibee
    amesibee Posts: 195 Member
    Grilled chicken breast, roasted veggies (parsnip, sweet potato, Brussels sprouts) and wild rice.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Braised boneless skinless chicken thighs, yams, and onions. It's as if I think it's Fall.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Last night I made Thai peanut chicken and noodles
  • km_scott242
    km_scott242 Posts: 2 Member
    Cod with cous cous and then a homemade salsa
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Hubby normally cooks on weekdays but Wednesday is my work from home day so I volunteered. Green salad with home cured duck prosciutto and balsamic vinaigrette followed by linguine aglio olio stretched with some spiralized courgette.
    tpjfgi84ydjt.jpeg
    he1bgbzq75s8.jpeg

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    edited March 2019
    I made coconut chicken curry and rice last night. I was planning on just using a jar of pre-made sauce, but realized that I didn't have one once I had already started cooking my chicken and potatoes. Luckily I had a can of coconut milk, a jar of red thai chili paste, plus the necessary spices, so I was able to make homemade sauce. It came out a little too sweet originally because I was a little heavy handed with the brown sugar, so I had to add some lime juice and fenugreek to even it out.
  • acpgee
    Hubby will pull out a batch of beef and guiness stew from the freezer tonight. Will have that with ranch mash and some tomato salad.

Tomorrow it's my turn as I am the weekend and company cook. Easy dinner party. Doing air fryer wings in Vietnamese merchandising water. That's a sauce of very dark caramel mixed with fish sauce, so named because street vendors use it to give foods a shiny glaze. Also Vietnamese roast aubergine salad and sticky rice. For dessert I have a batch of chocolate sorbet made last weekend.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    edited March 2019
    I made beef stir fry and rice last night. Leftovers for lunch today.

I make my own stir fry sauces now. I just combine soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, onion flakes, sesame seeds, ginger powder, and red pepper flakes. I add some cornstarch in cold water at the end to make it sticky. I just discovered the wonder that is corn starch a few months ago. My mom always used flour as a thickener, so I never learned about corn starch.

I also just realized that we've been on an Asian food kick this week. Ramen, curry, and now stir fry. Plus we had Korean take-out last week. Beef bulgogi and kimchi & pork fried rice.
  • JellybeansMomFl
    JellybeansMomFl Posts: 15 Member
    Arroz con pollo
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Arroz con pollo

Mmm..haven't had those for ages.. yum
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    broiled cod with garlic herb seasoning , mashed potato and steamed broccoli with the same seasoning cause its yummy and my husband will actually eat it.
  • acpgee
    I asked the hubby for a squash to make Cambodian custard to use up some leftover coconut milk.
    http://moninichpheng.blogspot.com/2012/11/cambodian-dessert-recipt-pumpkin-custard.html

Unfortunately he came with a big chunk of pumpkin, when you need a small whole squash for that recipe. Microwaving pumpkin to turn into gnocchi to freeze,
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/butternut-squash-gnocchi-with-sage-brown-butter-361270
  • acpgee
    Pumpkin gnocchi a total failure so far. That stuff when microwaved and pureed is very watery. I have already incorporated all the flour in the house and it is still to wet to handle like dough. Dumped all the gloop in a huge tupperware box in the fridge to deal with tomorrow, because tonight's dinner guests are arriving soon.
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited March 2019
    Made some creamy cashew chicken over egg noodles...but it got ate before I could snap a pic. Soooo...how 'bout this?

6oz sirloin steak and eggs, with fried potatoes and buttered toast.

394f9qweliwd.jpeg
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Pork chops .. oven baked with soy sauce, lemon, onion and herbs
  • aokoye
    acpgee wrote: »
    Pumpkin gnocchi a total failure so far. That stuff when microwaved and pureed is very watery. I have already incorporated all the flour in the house and it is still to wet to handle like dough. Dumped all the gloop in a huge tupperware box in the fridge to deal with tomorrow, because tonight's dinner guests are arriving soon.

For next time, I typically have very good luck making pumpkin puree by roasting the pumpkin. It is far less watery that way.
  • aokoye
    Slow roasted "bbq" chicken thighs. I did a variation of this recipe but my spice mix involved 2 tbsp of brown sugar (~40g), 1 tsp of salt, 2 tbsp smoked paprika, and unmeasured but amounts of garlic powder, onion powder, and powdered mustard (probably around 2 tbsp each. I made the sauce using the drippings from the chicken along with around two tsp of honey and maybe a tbsp of apple cider vinegar.

Currently the chicken and sauce are waiting and I have broccoli roasting in the oven.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Butterfly chicken, with lemon and wine sauce, carrot and rutabagas mash and brown rice.

Butterfly chicken (or spatchcock) is the #1 trick to make whole chicken juicy and tender everytime. It you never tried it, invest in a good pair of kitchen cisors and try it, you’ll never go back I promise!