JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Well, it's tukrning to spring finally! The yard is muddy and there is evidence we have a dog EVERYWHERE the snow melts! DH and I are at odds right now. I want to put up a chain link fence so I can let her out without putting her on a chain. She got away from me yesterday and took off....I chased her for 20 minutes to try to get her back. He doesn't want to put up a fence. He wants me to get rid of Maddie. So yeah...there's that. I understand where he is coming from...he wants us to be able to take off and go places without worrying about the dog being left at home for long periods of time or having to board her. But in my defense, I paid attention last year when we didn't have a dog to see how much our life changed and it didn't at all. We didn't go anywhere. We barely even went fishing for half the day. So yeah...there's that too.

I have been really struggling with the carbs this past week. Just terribly. I'm going to keep track and see if there's a pattern or if it's just my resolve crumbling.

My weight is finally getting close to my first goal, to be out of the 80's. 1 pound to go. That little sucker just doesn't want to leave the mothership though. Dang. I'm determined. Maybe my walk today will help. I plan to go to the gym today and renew my membership. I really want to learn to do the circuit. I think I would like that. Plus I want to sit in their massage chairs and lie in the tanning bed. I need a "pamper me" day.

Just for Sunday:
    • Journal every single bite
    • protein with every meal and snack
    • Mindful eating and only when sitting
    • 75 oz of water
    • 30 minutes of activity
    • Go to gym and renew | shop for a few spring tops & spring jacket | Aldi's for lunch fixin's for the week
    • Sew something...anything. Attempt applique on a dish towel or something
    • Prep for tomorrow, today
    • LIsten to daily podcasts
    • Spend some time reading Scripture
    • Start going through magazines and begin decluttering. (I have a serious problem hoarding magazines. I get probably 6 of them a month by subscription and pile them up and never read them. It's silly and I need to do something with them. Crazy old magazine lady...)
    • Get started on yard clean-up
    • Bedtime routine: In bed at 8:00, unplugged by 9:00, reading until 10:00, lights out. Set alarm for 5:30 and actually get up at 5:30. Take dog for morning walk before getting ready for work. (Okay...let's face it. I will fail at this. BUT, it is my goal for April to adapt this habit, so you'll see it on here every day until I start doing it.)

Have a wonderful Sunday!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Good Morning... I'm not able to click on any of your posts... It flashes JavaScript and something
    about permission problems...😕 😣 ... 😂😂😂😂 Ok, I'm not mad/angry/miffed... I will just try to
    remember your posts and who says what and try not to mess up my comments. Or maybe I should
    just fade into the background anyway.

The Plan JFT SUNDAY.. I Woke up with swelling under my chin, and to the right side of my mouth.
    An ugly looking something that I'm calling the doctor first thing in the morning about.... Lol… it looks
    like an alien is starting to form😂😂😂 ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit...had to give you a tickle. Lol….

Moving/Exercising is a treat for me now. Touching my ankles is a treat... And all of the little things
    This thread has afforded me. INSPIRATIONAL!! EVERY PERSON on here inspires, cares, and you're
    ALL the best B-12 I could ever ask for.
    I'm going to continue fulfilling The March Get Out and Get some fresh air challenge.
    Get some reading done
    Rest and relax. Then get after it again tomorrow (Monday).

Oh H3LL no!!!! I was having the same problem the other day. I had to actually log out of MFP and log back in and it seemed to resolve. You are not a fade in the background kind of woman and we don't want you to be! You keep being your own beautiful self! We love you!

I hope your chin feels better soon! HUGS UPON HUGS to you sister! :heart:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    Good Morning... I'm not able to click on any of your posts... It flashes JavaScript and something
    about permission problems...😕 😣 ... 😂😂😂😂 Ok, I'm not mad/angry/miffed... I will just try to
    remember your posts and who says what and try not to mess up my comments. Or maybe I should
    just fade into the background anyway.

The Plan JFT SUNDAY.. I Woke up with swelling under my chin, and to the right side of my mouth.
    An ugly looking something that I'm calling the doctor first thing in the morning about.... Lol… it looks
    like an alien is starting to form😂😂😂 ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit...had to give you a tickle. Lol….

Moving/Exercising is a treat for me now. Touching my ankles is a treat... And all of the little things
    This thread has afforded me. INSPIRATIONAL!! EVERY PERSON on here inspires, cares, and you're
    ALL the best B-12 I could ever ask for.
    I'm going to continue fulfilling The March Get Out and Get some fresh air challenge.
    Get some reading done
    Rest and relax. Then get after it again tomorrow (Monday).

My mfp is acting up too, everytime i open the app it takes about 5 mins to load, then when i click on community it comes up but im not logged in? Click on home then back on community then it works!

The other day i was writing a post, and it out of the blue fully logged me out!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 24 March

I need to get back on track as I'm now over my planned maintenance weight! I've made guesses for food eaten on my break and was way over maintenance calories!

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January water challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) managed to time my walk between rain/hail squalls. Battled the wind on the way out and was nearly blown home!

Housework day in preparation for guests o:) but still need to do the floors before tomorrow afternoon

Still having problems with likes, hugs etc for other posts. I tried logging out but it did not help and I've turned the iPad off and on as this usually solves problems. I can like etc on the iPhone but the small screen is not easy for reading posts!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Sat
    1. Log all food, including yesterday :)
    2. Waters! >:)
    3. Positive and kind :)
    4. Go with the flow this evening :)
    5. Work until 4 :)
    6. Put away laundry >:)
    7. Move food to basment fridge and thaw freezer build up >:)
    8. Update this list later >:)

JFT Sunday
    1. Rest
    2. Log all food
    3. Drink 3 waters before bed
    4. Be positive and kind
    5. Make lunches for tomorrow
    6. Pick out clothes
    7. Bed by 9:30
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Won't have time in the morning so posting goals quickly now!

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - Exercise DVD

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Stay positive
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Finish work by 6.30pm

- French notes
    - Finances/bus ticket
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    23rsjh0uleln.jpg
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Options
    3/24/19 sun.
    *Weigh: 154.4 lbs. yay!
    *Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water 🙂
    *Stay in Green :)
    *Find way to work in exercise consistently :(
    *Be in bed by midnight :)

JFT 3/25/19 Mon.
    Weight:
    *4 glasses of water
    *stay in green
    *do some meal planning
    *work in exercise
    * Be in bed by midnight

Sorry in a rush. Hope everyone is well.
    Luv ya.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, starting the new week absolutely buzzing after a major NSV this weekend. Usually when I go to the bf’s place we indulge and then I give up and end up binging because the day/weekend is already shot. This weekend was the first one with him I can remember where I actually achieved balance (my WOTY). I exercised, allowed myself treats, logged it all and came under calorie goal both days! Logging everything was key - I realised I could make it work. And getting a good run in yesterday meant I had plenty of room. But I realised that even if I hadn’t burned 600 cals running and had gone over by that much, that’s not even half a pound of fat and could be easily shaved off over the course of a week! I think (hope) I’m finally starting to break down this all or nothing mindset. Now if I could just get to grips with my sleep patterns I’d be flying (been up since 2am 😕)

Sunday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ yup! 10k 😊
    - Make brunch for bf ✅
    - Put away laundry on arrival home ✅
    - Check kids have finished homework etc on their return ✅
    - Pack bags ready for school ✅
    - Early night ✅

Monday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Book exercise classes for the week ✅
    - pack veggies for snacks
    - buy milk on way to work
    - water! Avoid tiredness snacking
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - book hair appointments for Easter holidays
    - girls’ hair wash post swimming
    - bed by 9:30

Have a fab Monday everyone! X
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in:

Ultimate Goal weight: 154
    First Goal weight: 159
    Starting weight (this year): 167
    Jan 7th: 167
    Jan14th: 166
    Jan 28th: 163.25
    Feb 4th: 164.25
    Feb 11th: 163.75
    Feb 25th: 166.75
    Mar 4th: 164.75
    Mar 11th: 167.75
    Mar 18th: 165
    Mar 25th: 164

Weight looking a little lower than it has been, but I've been here before this year and then wobbled back up again - hopefully this time I can ensure it's the start of a downward trend rather than just part of a cycle of fluctuation!
  • kbanks702
    kbanks702 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    monday goals:
    [ ]WALK/JOG 1 MILE
    [ ]STICK TO MEAL PLAN FOR THE DAY
    [ ]DO 10 SQUATS ( I really hate squats so I have to start with 10)
    [ ]TAKE OUT TRASH
    [ ]LAUNDRY
    [ ]WEIGH-IN
    [ ]BE IN BED BY 2300
    [ ]JOURNAL
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 26 March

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Meditate
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Coffee! Log 1 item. Warm car. Update JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: print balance exercises and stretching exercises. Update class websites. Print unit plan for 1-2.
    3. Class 1-2: Review body paragraph structure. Graphic organizers for those who want them.
    4. Planning: A - Revise & print 4th unit plan. Call dentist - April 11 or 18? Call library - guests for silk painting? B - Grade late work and homework. C - Input grades. D - Update lesson plans. Poetry for 4th.
    5. Class 4: Song Analysis project - Chromebooks.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Y after school for strength and Zumba. Send D for groceries.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Tuesday - French meeting, writing meeting. Department meeting after school.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. More like crying. I took a break this weekend and like... that was great. But now I have to get back to life :P Less behind than I was on grading and planning, and I did get all of my coursework finished up in time to relax over the weekend. But our administrator has said she plans to observe us this week. I'm skeptical, as she tends to be the one who's always last getting those sorts of things done, BUT it'd suck to assume it won't happen and then not be ready.

@bookmeister86 - I feel you on that. It always seems to be a struggle. Don't give up, though! It's so easy to get off track.
    @Faebert - Way to go! That's an awesome NSV. It can be really hard to stick to your goals and still have a little wiggle room. Bet it feels good ;)
    @PackerFanInGB - *hugs* :( Sorry to hear about the disagreements with the husband. Does he say why he objects to the fence?
    @aubyshortcake - Sounds like an AMAZING day! And it's okay to have things NOT balance once in awhile, too.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    WFTY: Climbing. More like crying. I took a break this weekend and like... that was great. But now I have to get back to life :P Less behind than I was on grading and planning, and I did get all of my coursework finished up in time to relax over the weekend. But our administrator has said she plans to observe us this week. I'm skeptical, as she tends to be the one who's always last getting those sorts of things done, BUT it'd suck to assume it won't happen and then not be ready.

@bookmeister86 - I feel you on that. It always seems to be a struggle. Don't give up, though! It's so easy to get off track.
    @Faebert - Way to go! That's an awesome NSV. It can be really hard to stick to your goals and still have a little wiggle room. Bet it feels good ;)
    @PackerFanInGB - *hugs* :( Sorry to hear about the disagreements with the husband. Does he say why he objects to the fence?
    @aubyshortcake - Sounds like an AMAZING day! And it's okay to have things NOT balance once in awhile, too.

I'm so glad you found time to relax! It's imperative to our health to relax and try to rid ourselves of stress! I wish I could give you a hug or help you grade papers or something! You have more on your plate than anyone I know! Try to find 30 minutes, even 15, to just take care of you. A walk, listen to the Calm app meditation, sit quietly and sip a cup of tea and browse a magazine... Those are things I incorporated in 2017 and I feel so much calmer now that I've found what works for me.

Husband doesn't want to spend the money on a fence. He'd rather use it for something else...a couple new windows on the house, new electrical panel in the garage, etc. He says if I wouldn't have gotten another dog (he didn't want to have another one after we lost Jack), we wouldn't need a fence. He's right...we wouldn't. :wink: But I love her and she's here to stay. Period.

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    xa9s8rz0pv8t.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    What A mess... Wrong post... How can I delete that post?
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    yyur2yjlddnx.jpg
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I need to be quick, have to do my workout and then bringing the family to the beach. Should be another fun day, but this time I need to stay within my calories!

Yesterday 3/24:

1. Stay within calorie goal😞 went a little over, weekly average was 1550 so not too bad but not where I would have liked it, I think my maintenance is around 1600
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps 😁
    3. Relax😁

JFT 3/25:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Do workout
    4. Relax