Has anyone dated after weight loss?

Options
I'm a 36f. I lost 50 lbs with OMAD and quitting drinking. I'm single and having a hard time thinking about dating. Despite keeping up with the strength training I've always done, my body looks a lot worse. I feel like at least when I was fat, men expected the stretch marks, but now I'm false advertising. The one guy I did date made fun of my arm skin.

How have you handled this? I feel like I'm going to die alone because I used to like food.

Replies

• lunchboxchuck
    lunchboxchuck Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i have. no one has had the balls to talk about my body.

keep up with the strength training. give time for your skin to recover.

That's fortunate.

My skin might tighten a little, but the lines aren't going anywhere.
  • lunchboxchuck
    edited March 2019
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    ETA be up front about your weight loss, if you feel it's really necessary. If things progress down a more physical path, you can fill in the blanks later, but most people know about loose skin and stretch marks, many of them firsthand.

Like just say I lost 50 lbs and let them fill in the blanks? Will that sound like bragging? Do I put that in an online dating profile? Or do I say I lost 50 lbs and it isn't great under there?

• lunchboxchuck
    Options

You are not in control of other people's comments.

Just your reaction to them.

Well I reacted by not seeing him anymore after wasting month's of each others' time.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

You are not in control of other people's comments.

Just your reaction to them.

Well I reacted by not seeing him anymore after wasting month's of each others' time.

And because of that one experience, you're unwilling to try again?
  • lunchboxchuck
    Options

And because of that one experience, you're unwilling to try again?

I'm not saying I'm not willing to try again. I'm asking how to mitigate this is in the future by being straightforward?, posting unflattering pictures on dating sites?, looking for encouragement from people that have dated with post-weight loss horror shows and ended up happy, etc.
  • lunchboxchuck
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    Good luck. Hopefully we will both find someone

Good luck to you too! <3

• lunchboxchuck
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    No need to announce your weight loss. Be you. Be confident. Be happy. If anyone "sees" anything other than that in you then they are the wrong person anyway.

I am afraid I am attracting the wrong people now that I am not outwardly fat in clothing. They have higher expectations and aren't expecting what's going on under a shirt. But I attracted men that told me to lose weight before, so I just don't know.