JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm so happy for you and Ash gaining the return of the monies.
    How are you feeling? Are you and the girls alright from your tumble the other day?
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @awhit4842 Good Morning... I hope you have a fantastic
    weekend. Hugs
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm so happy for you and Ash gaining the return of the monies.
    How are you feeling? Are you and the girls alright from your tumble the other day?

I know its been pretty tough, it definitely had an impact on us, money was tight and i noticed Ash was buying cheaper shopping and basically enough to see us through where normally we can fully fill our cupboards.

We're all okay from the tumble! Im a little achey but i didnt sleep well either!

I hope your antibiotics are kicking in! Your chin looked really sore x
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yesterday:
    - take a walk 👠
    - 20 squats 👠
    - clean up the bedroom 👠
    - implement the home screen in the app 👠

Today:
    - take a walk
    - 20 squats
    - implement the community screen in the app
    - eat dinner with veggies and nothing after

I got inspired to play with icons today :) It's probably superficial but this red shoe reminds me of what I'd like to be - an elegant, successful woman. Although I don't like red shoes :D

Yesterday I ate very little, because of the ultrasound prep. Today, weirdly, I don't feel hungry at all.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86
    So great that you're learning French :) A year or two ago, I've started to listen french audio courses during my walks.
    That way I feel less like a hamster on the wheel going through same routes over and over again and I actually look forward to walks and learning something new. The downside is that I don't progress as good in speaking, since I don't feel comfortable repeating French phrases on the street. But it helps me a lot with listening.

@maryrobinson40 Hope you'll beet that nasty thing soon! Hugs!

@aubyshortcake It's really a natural thing to have days when we just eat more, don't punish yourself for that. I would just try to stay with my normal plan as if that high calories day never happen.

I wish you all a great springy weekend :)

spring-trends.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    2,276 steps so far
    .92MI
    🔥999
    20 min.
    I'm finding myself having to really push to make it to the thousands mark. My knees certainly are
    hindering me. Since last October I have been taking it easy and scaled back from trying to make
    10K happen. I can't recall if I made it, but a few times I got pretty darn close.
    I'm fighting for this 20 pound reduction. This morning, with the lower back tightening, I walked
    the girls to the bus stop very gingerly. I waved good bye to them as the bus pulled away and started
    back down the hill towards home and a voice inside said walk that short parking area. I went around it twice
    then walked towards home again. I made it to the house, then purposely walked back up and then came
    home to the front steps and did the first step aerobics up and down. Came in and put in the last laundry.
    I'm sitting on the bed with the nagging lower back just as happy as I can be. I have to do this.
    for me. Every Press Is Producing Something Precious!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap R 3/28
    1) Yay I did it! Got up before dawn and walked dog before work. Winds had died down and mild temp of 42, very comfortable with proper layers. Heard ducks and geese overhead, many other birds singing plus heard turkeys and sandhill cranes. Last weekend saw my first robins, a sure sign of spring, & Tues. evening dog & I walked within 50 feet of two cranes. This a.m. forgot to stretch after, but oh well. 3.51 mi 1:03:44 = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Weekly lunchtime mindful walk at workplace. Wish the sun would come out. Small but fun group this time. 2.26 mi 42:15 = happy me :smiley:
    3) Post-event tasks in EMT for yesterday's seminar :smiley: / check chapter emails :smile:
    4) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 20,147 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! & 54 floors :smiley:
    5) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water = Due to two walks, I was able to eat more calories ~ yay! Net cals -30 :D , sodium -12 :smiley: , sugar -4, fiber & protein excellent & 15c water
    6) Evening: pick up dry cat food at vet's on way home :smile: / wash dishes / family room declutter marathon continues / other to-do's? Just. Too. Tired. :/
    7) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :s / RETAINERS :s / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: in fact, I was in bed & tv off by 9:30 & fell asleep right away :o (x-train before work F a.m.)

JFT F 3/29
    1) X-trained [weights/circuit] before work = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Pick up 10K race packets for myself & youngest brother / prep clothes for race
    5) Evening: wash dishes / declutter more in family room
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS REALLY / RETAINERS REALLY / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (be ready when A arrives 8 a.m.)
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,336 Member
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »

JFT 3/28/19

Log all food o:)
    Get up from desk at least once an hour for 5 minutes o:)
    Drink 6 waters o:) Got 7 in
    Get the ironing done :'( sadly no
    Get the last of the bills paid o:)
    Eat 3 fruits today o:)

JFT 3/29/19 I can't believe 3 month are already gone this year! Everyone have a wonderful weekend. I'm off to Michigan.

Drink 6 waters
    Log all food
    File the dogs nails
    Pack

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Thursday:
    1. weight in :)
    2. drink >8C liquids :) 10
    3. 10,000 steps:)
    4. go to the gym :smiley:
    5. cardio/weight workout :smiley: I actually lifted!
    6. no social eating at work :)
    [/quote]

Friday:
    1. weight in
    2. drink >8C liquids
    3. 10,000 steps
    4. no social eating at work
    5. work on garden planning/get ready for Saturday garden meeting
    6. clean house before visitors come
    7. clean up terrace garden
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday March 28 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Friday March 29 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Today I will paint the spots that I spackled yesterday and then I think I’ll clean our bedroom and maybe go to the laundromat to wash the bedding.

I have to design some invitations for Kaitlyn’s bachelorette party, her maid of honor wants them by April 15.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Elbee - woohoo on the loss! That’s a shame about the contractor, is sounds to me like he didn’t pay his subs and told them your parents didn’t pay. What a world we live in.

Bookmeister86 - I love your flapjack story and how you fit it in at the end. Hope your day is better today.

Clicketykeys - so sorry you are going to have to do some grading over spring break. I hope it’s something you can get done in just one day though.

Maryrobinson40- happy Friday to you! I hope you are starting to see some improvement. You are just keeping going and not letting anything stop you. That’s wonderful. Hope your back loosens up.

Daneejela- I love your icon, I pictured the woman you are envisioning.

Tuddy315- 3 months gone! I received a text from my daughter yesterday that it’s 100 days to her wedding. I can’t believe it.

Azulvioleta6 - you are doing great!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: By only eating one flapjack! (Knew I could get this in again)

Love it! LOL ~ I even had to look up the British version of flapjack ~ sounds good!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Jumping on to make a few goals for today. Don't have time to catch up right now! Will get caught up tonight and over the weekend.

Just for Friday
    journal every bite
    Stay in the Green
    HYDRATE
    Activity - FitBit Steps | 30 minutes active
    Renew boat license online
    Get 2019 fishing license
    Be patient at difficult meeting this afternoon
    Relax for movie night with husband tonight

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Thursday

- Up at 6:30 :( More like 7:15
    - Shower :( Decided to wear a ball cap to work.
    - Get to work before 8:00. :) 7:45
    - Weigh in :) As I said above, it sucked
    - Healthy, lite lunch :) protein bar and an apple
    - Finish up adding test codes the work on VDA project 😀
    - Leave work between 4:00 & 5:00 😀
    - All of the laundry is done and folded or hung (miracle!!!) Sort all of the clean laundry into piles so the fam can put theirs away.😀 very gratifying, but nowthere is more to be done. Viscious circle...
    - Pick up you youngest from play practice and meet with director about props and sets. I thing all of the props are done...😀
    - Lite dinner. Go back to eating half of what is served. Took smaller portions, ate it all and had room for dessert.
    - Change and wash bedding (I don't do this enough) 😀
    - To bed by 10:00

I'm going to go ahead with tomorrow's goals so I can start off the day with a plan

- up at 4:00😒 Cousin wanted to meet at 8:00 and I had to pick up my mom. That and I stayed up watching basketball.
    - gym by 5:00 😏 see above
    - Shower & get ready. Actually do my hair and makeup 😀 it felt good to try to look nice
    - Meet my cousin and my mom for coffee, skip the sweets if possible and grab fruit 😀 Great visit with my cousin. I had a mocha, but not treats
    - in to work late 😀
    - fix NH2🧐in progress
    - lite lunch
    - Revise documents
    - Out by 5:00
    - Pick up V at 5:30
    - Pick up S at 6:30
    - Dinner at home
    - Load of laundry

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT thurs
    1. Be kind :)
    2. Waters :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Rest! :)
    5. Cook dinner at home >:)
    6. Bed by 930 :)
    7. Pick out clothes :)
    8. Shower :)

JFT Friday
    1. Be kind - to myself
    2. Log all food
    3. WATERS - atleast 3 before leaving work
    4. Go with the flow tonight
    5. Pick out clothes for work tomorrow
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Seriously bummed. The strap on my tracker watch has been coming undone, and I just noticed that it's missing :( It's cheap, but so's my phone, and I don't have any other way to track distance. Well... guessing, I suppose XD
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Just wanted to let y'all know how inspiring I find this thread. I love reading about the daily successes, failures and goofiness. It makes me feel "light", lifts the cares of the world for a while.

We are in different phases of life. We are in different stages of fitness/health. We have diverse skill sets. Yet we are all on the same path to health and happiness. You are all so wonderfully supportive, honest and positive. It's very refreshing. Thanks for letting me hang with y'all.

Happy Friday!

:flowerforyou: Thank YOU for hanging with us! (I feel the same way about this group!)