Do you drink diet soda?

Options

Replies

• echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yep, drink it all the time.

Lately I’ve been drinking Zevia (uses stevia sweetener). They have lots of flavors. The grape, black cherry, and ginger root beer are great.

Kind of expensive though.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes, probably one can a day.

I like the taste. It quenches my thirst. I prefer to save my calories for yummy food.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    Ducks47 wrote: »
    Why or why not?

Yes, I do. Why not?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,597 Member
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    Yes, I started drinking diet soda back when I started my weight loss phase, (before that I was drinking regular soda). Went on to lose 50lbs and improve all my health markers, while drinking 4-5 cans of diet soda a day.

Now I'm a few years into maintenance and I continue to drink 2-3 cans of diet soda a day, (I started drinking coffee last year so reduced my diet soda intake when that started, to keep my caffeine intake in check). Right now I'm loving Coca-Colas new Zero orange vanilla :)

Ohhhhhh, I tried that and it didn't do anything for me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Yes, I drink it only at home and usually ~3 per week. A twelve pack lasts me a month but years ago I would go through that in a couple of days...so I have definitely slowed down on it, and usually drink water instead.

Why? I like it a lot with certain foods like veggie burgers or homemade pizza.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I drink diet ginger ale because I like it :)

Me too, Schweppes diet ginger ale.. I like the 300ml bottles because they are super gassy.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Yup. Never developed a taste for coffee, don't drink a lot of tea, and rely on it for the caffeine. Plus I like the taste and the negligible calorie hit.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Ducks47 wrote: »
    Why or why not?

When I'm traveling out-of-State or am having to commute for more than 2 hours, I'll drink a can of Ginger Ale.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    My beverage of choice is San Pellegrino, it qualifies ad a diet, no calorie, beverage.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Yes. Because I love the taste. I don't smoke or take recreational drugs, I seldom drink alchohol, and I had to cut WAAAY back on sugary, caloric goodies. I have to have some sort of vice, lol.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Because I like it and it tastes good.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I don't but that's because I don't like carbonated drinks anymore. As a teenager, switching to diet soda from regular had me lose 20 pounds, so I think diet soda is a great option for people who want the taste without the calories.
  • Annemariezonderma
    Annemariezonderma Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No, I don't drink soda in general. I don't like the bubbles in it :') And if there is no, then it's too sweet for me.
    I drink water, coffee, tea.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Yes. I drink about two 12 packs of Coke Zero per week (I like Vanilla and Orange Vanilla as well). I think switching to diet soda, which I was afraid of before I met some really reasonable people on this board, is one of the main contributing reasons for my weight loss and continuing to keep it off. I think in the long run, if I had to give up soda, it would be unsustainable. Maybe for a few months, I could go without, but I'd probably cave. And drinking non-diet soda is a great way to pack on liquid calories.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Not very often. If I do, it's caffiene free, sugar free, and salt free. I prefer flavored water, Crystal Light has a great variety of flavors. Diet soda makes me want to snack - alot.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    For me one reason I don't drink more diet soda than I do is because I find that I will not want water if I drink diet soda with lunch and dinner, for example. It's more that (concern that I won't drink enough water) than any fear about the sweeteners etc. For years before I started using My Fitness Pal, I would only drink coffee with breakfast, a can of diet soda at lunch & dinner...that is it, no water ever. So I wanna avoid that but I find even now, years into my drinking-tons-of-water habits, if I have that can of diet soda with my meal, water sounds meh and I'm not thirsty for it.

Like another poster, I lost an "effortless" 20-25 lb in my early twenties just switching from Dr. Pepper to Diet Pepsi, no other dietary changes.
  • lamentableone
    lamentableone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't drink diet soda. I will treat myself to a regular fountain soda, every once and awhile. Water and tea for me, on the regular.