Do you drink diet soda?

Options

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    My beverage of choice is San Pellegrino, it qualifies ad a diet, no calorie, beverage.

As in the plain (but good) mineral water?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I do not. I have a medical condition that is food sensitive and artificial sweeteners are a trigger for me (I have tested this personally and they are a known possible issues for my specific issues).

I drink mostly water, tea (iced and hot), and Bubly sparkling water.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I've never been much of a soda drinker, but having said that when I did drink one is was always diet. I drank diet sodas from high school well into middle-adulthood. At my peak soda drinking phase I went through 1-2 cases a month. About 5 years ago, I switched from diet to regular. No regrets. I don't remember the last time I had one--more than 3 months ago. I made the switch because I drink them so infrequently that I figured the better taste of regular sodas was worth the calories. I drink mostly water, coffee, and alcohol a few nights a week.
  • sharon8271
    sharon8271 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I’ve never liked the taste of diet soda and it upset my stomach. I substituted sparkling water in place soda.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I like diet soda, but I think it leaves me with dry mouth and I prefer sucralose as a sweetener. I'm often making iced tea or lemonade with sucralose instead, but when I'm out I drink diet all the time.
  • jhansonfan
    jhansonfan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love my Diet Coke. I also drink unsweetened tea and water. I don’t like to drink anything sweet which is why I can’t stand regular pop or pop that’s sweetened with Stevia or sucrolose, just too sweet tasting. It’s also my caffeine fix as I don’t drink coffee.
  • scribblemoma
    scribblemoma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I drink plenty of water but you can pry my Diet Pepsi from my cold, dead hands 🤣 I’ve never had any problems with my weight loss drinking it.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I prefer a good, strong cup of espresso with some sweetener sometimes during the day for my "pick me up".
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I read a summary of a study once that said that even sparkling water increased appetite in some people as well as diet soda. Apparently, it isn't the diet soda, it's the carbonation. This doesn't seem to apply to everyone. Wish I had a link, it was interesting.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas taste like sadness.

Not if you add whiskey :D

She's right ya know ;)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Yes. Mostly coke zero
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend y’all give Zevia a try.

All flavors are zero calorie, some have caffeine if you want that. And none have artificial colors.

I discovered it when I was looking for a non calorie grape soda.

The only downside, it’s pretty expensive compared to regular pop. But when on sale, 67 cents per can.