Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Arguments in the Supermarket

Orphia
Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
Food preferences
Budgeting
Special diets
Binge foods
Impulse buying
Child tantrums
"Fussy eaters"
How to please everyone at dinner
Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Thought we might need a venting thread! :s:D<3

Replies

• sam33a
    sam33a Posts: 31 Member
    I only shop for myself, thank god.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Shopping is my jam. I love it. I love planning out my meals and snacks and then basing my list on those plans. I love organizing my list by store layout and sometimes I even record price trends on items I buy often.
    I dont have kids yet, but since I do the shopping my husband has no choice but to eat what I buy or go out and get it himself.

I sent my husband once with a list...... He came home with fruit juice, cake and sweets.
    I never asked again

I sent my husband to get a few things (maybe like 20 things such as noodles, or canned vegetables) and I gave him the name, description of what the packaging looks like, screenshots of pictures of it, and the isle it was in and it took him like 3 hours. Lmao and came home with much more than I wanted (such as powder protein that he never used) and bags and bags of chips and sweets. Lmao
  • MrsBradyBunch
    MrsBradyBunch Posts: 182 Member
    Like the old song says, you *can't* please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

We're all on different schedules and different diets here. So we all pretty much shop and cook for ourselves. That works in a household that's all adults, but it's going to be a problem if you have children living there.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    I order online and pickup at the store.

It saves a LOT of impulse purchases. I can also add to my order throughout the week, as I realize I need things.

See they have this at my store but I’ll iffy about it because I feel like they’d forget something. What happens if they forget to put something in there and you go home and unpack and realize. How does that work?
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I love grocery shopping probably because I only have to shop for myself. I know what I want to eat and plan accordingly. These stories I’m reading sound like a total pain in the butt!!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Lines. What the hell? I was supposed to be home an hour ago!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    edited April 2019
    Shopping is my jam. I love it. I love planning out my meals and snacks and then basing my list on those plans. I love organizing my list by store layout and sometimes I even record price trends on items I buy often.
    I dont have kids yet, but since I do the shopping my husband has no choice but to eat what I buy or go out and get it himself.

I sent my husband once with a list...... He came home with fruit juice, cake and sweets.
    I never asked again

^ That was my ex. I didn't actually send him with a list - but when he went to get beer and hot dog buns for a cookout, he also came home with 3 types of chips, a whole birthday cake (not kidding), and much more. It wasn't anyone's birthday btw.

I don't hate my ex but he definitely fit that stereotype well. My current husband is completely the opposite and I am the one who occasionally throws in weird junk like Peeps. :p