Do you drink diet soda?

Options

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I've tried Zevia. I highly dislike the taste and the stevia after taste.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    No. I rarely drink sweet-tasting soda at all (couple times a year, at most?); I think it tastes icky. The artificially-sweetened ones, to me, taste even ickier. I've never been a sweet-tasting soda person, even when obese.

I only occasionally drink any sweet beverage (though I like sangria, dessert wines, cold sake, sweet mixed drink, green chartreuse or the like) - maybe once a month or so? I like water or sparkling water (with or without citrus wedge). I like coffee/latte with just skim milk, and tea plain (herb, black, or green). Alcohol of preference is craft IPA, sangria at a place where they make it as I like it, dry wines, or gin (occasionally flavored but not sweetened vodka) & plain soda water.
  • DraxusD
    DraxusD Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A little Coke Zero most days. I'm not scared of artificial sweeteners and it helps to have something sweet and tasty I can have for free, you don't get many of those.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nope. No sodas because I’m not fond of the ingredients
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    For those who DO like diet soda...I just tried Coke Zero Sugar in orange vanilla and wow. So tasty!

It's my new favorite, I hope they continue making it!
  • Nini_applebum
    Nini_applebum Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sadly.im.super addicted to sprite zero
    I absolutely love it.
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    On occasion I feel for a diet coke with lime so I usually have handy for those days.

• wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes love the stuff. Diet coke exotic mango being my current fav. Though I love a good low sugar or sugar free orange pop
  • Athaiguy
    Athaiguy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was hooked on it 4 Lt a day but kicked the habit 3 years ago
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    love coke zero and so pumped now that Canada finally got coke zero vanilla and coke zero cherry!cdklh8vfm2v6.jpg
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I drink a few a week. On a diet root beer kick recently.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Oh that reminds me, we have diet coke in the work fridge now. I shall get myself some caffeine.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I really hate the after taste of aspartame so I don't drink diet pop. I am addicted to Dr. Pepper and cream soda though so once in a while I save up the calories for one, usually just on the weekend. I wish we had mini cans of Dr. Pepper in Canada!
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I really hate the after taste of aspartame so I don't drink diet pop. I am addicted to Dr. Pepper and cream soda though so once in a while I save up the calories for one, usually just on the weekend. I wish we had mini cans of Dr. Pepper in Canada!

There's a few options that don't use aspartame. Coke makes a diet option that uses Splenda ie sucralose.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love Cherry Coke Zero and Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper. I gave the Orange/Vanilla Coke Zero a whirl and it was "ok" but didn't really grab me. I tend to stick to the Coke brands of diet soda as they have that little bit of bite that I like.

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I love Cherry Coke Zero and Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper. I gave the Orange/Vanilla Coke Zero a whirl and it was "ok" but didn't really grab me. I tend to stick to the Coke brands of diet soda as they have that little bit of bite that I like.

Same here, I find diet pepsi to be a little too "smooth" and sweet. Almost cloyingly so, and I like sweets.
  • SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    No, because I don't think the flavor is anywhere near as good as the syrupy originals. If I'm gonna indulge, I'm gonna indulge. I'm not going to drink some watered down version with a chemical aftertaste. (yes I know EVERYTHING is chemicals)