P90X... starting a new thread...

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week of P90X and am LOVING it. I already see some significant changes and am just thrilled to have found something that actually challenges me. BRING IT!!

Woohoo! You already look great in your pic! It's amazing how quickly you see changes from P90X! :bigsmile:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Great thread. I bought P90X and tried it a couple of times. I dont think I'm there yet. Been doing Core Secrets weight lighting. Tks for all the info. :happy:
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started P90X Lean in late January. Phase 2 started a few days ago, and I switched into a sortof-doubles mode actually, except instead of the Cardio X on the doubles days I am doing 30-60min on the elliptical, and when the weather is nicer out I'll bike or run instead.

I didn't really lose a whole lot of weight in Phase 1 but I did tone up a lot - lost a whole inch and a half off my neck size, which really helps with those annoying top buttons hehe.

Anyway the main thing is that I *feel* better, which I probably wouldn't have gotten from straight dieting. Plus I'll be in much better shape this year for tennis season and hopefully restarting Karate this summer also!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week of P90X and am LOVING it. I already see some significant changes and am just thrilled to have found something that actually challenges me. BRING IT!!

Woohoo! You already look great in your pic! It's amazing how quickly you see changes from P90X! :bigsmile:

Thank you!:blushing:
  • danielle1009
    danielle1009 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. So I'm officially 2 weeks into P90X and I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I'm definitely BRINGING IT. I'm eating clean (overall)---doing my best at least...and I'm just not seeing weight come off the scale or much of a difference at all.

When did you start to see results and what were they?
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? I know that for me, because I have so much weight to lose, I definitely saw pounds lost in the first 3 weeks, but then my weight loss stopped. But my jeans kept getting looser and looser until I couldn't wear two pairs anymore-they just fall right off my hips!!! It was more of a change in my body than a change in my weight... Hope it helps, but if not, maybe it's because you're so close to your weight goal already?
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Yea, I agree that you will find more success early on in terms of inches, not lbs. Overall, you may not lose a whole lot of weight. You WILL look and feel great. There is nothing like a beautiful, strong body...no matter what the scale says.
  • danielle1009
    danielle1009 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, I should re-take my measurements and see how I'm doing in that aspect.

I look to the scale b/c in the past year I was at my goal weight, but then i stopped working out for a while and gained back to where I am not...so I know that the weight is there to lose, and last time it "left" much faster---but I've never really added weight training into my work out regime.

I'm still going to keep on bringing it!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I just started week 2 yesterday. It is great. I knocked out more push ups during chest and back yesterday. Today I taught spin and then i will go for a light run and do plyo tonight
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I was able to survive my first day. I must admit I had to press pause because I got dizzy and thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. :cry: With that said I still feel that I have to push harder, because I'm not that sore today, but I'll see how that is tomorrow. Tonight I'll do plyo. I'm hoping to purchase a heart monitor soon to see if I can still push my self harder when I feel like my heart is beating so fast. I'm eating clean, but I have to play with my calories a bit. I am eating the portion approach, phase 1. I'm not weighing myself until 30 days, I dont want to get caught up in those numbers because they stress me out too much.
  • stizzef
    Options
    Last night was day one for me and it was Chest + Back...it was hard but not impossible. I pushed myself as much as i could (i can't even remember the last time i did a push up!) and today i am sooooo sore. It feels great though! Tonight is plyometrics - not 100% sure what that is, but i'm thinking its going to be HARD.

Wish me luck!
    :wink:
  • gfr3228
    gfr3228 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the fitness test, but i'm supposed to start the program tonight. Do you really need to do the fitness test???? For one, i dont have a body fat calculator or a heart rate monitor...

Please take a word of advice do yourself atleast 2 other favors which you will appreciate later....
    1. take you before pics now
    2. take your pre p90x measurements

I can't tell you how important this is for later down the road. At day 30 when you put the pics side by side, you can not imagine how good it feels to SEE the difference. And the measurements never lie. Sometimes the mirror doesn't show everything we see or feel, but the measurements do. There is nothing better you can do for yourself as a means of encouragement. Finding another good discussion thread on the boards is a big boost, but nothings like being able to measure your own improvement.

Best of luck with the program!
  • TheBull50
    Options
    Hey Everyone. I just started p90x today and it is pretty awesome! ! ! What is your fav DVD to workout with? If I stick to my regular diet which is VERY healthy , should I be ok with the nutrition side of the program ? I am excited to go the 90 days. I am doing the CLASSIC routine. Hopefully, 89 days from now and I will be able to check back with some good results.
  • jtomlinson
    Options
    So yesterday I started week 2. I LOVE p 90X, I have lost 4 pounds and a bunch of inches. I have really been watching what I have been eating and both my husband and I have been bringing it. Thanks to everyone on this thread, ya'll help to keep us motivated. I can't wait for PLYO X tonight. YEAH
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    bump
  • specialsong77
    specialsong77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. So I'm officially 2 weeks into P90X and I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I'm definitely BRINGING IT. I'm eating clean (overall)---doing my best at least...and I'm just not seeing weight come off the scale or much of a difference at all.

When did you start to see results and what were they?

I personally have not tried this program but a friend of mine did. Over a 6-8 month time frame he trimmed down a whole bunch. He documented his journey and posted pics and his transformation was amazing and very noticable, but he was a "nazi" about every little step too from what I understand. Plus guys just seem to trim down faster than us ladies...:wink:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    hopefully we get ours by the end of the week so we can start on Monday. Which version should we do? We've both been lifting and doing cardio for 2+ years and are in good shape (I think).
  • MissResa
    Options
    I did the Lean program for the first month. Today is the beginning of my second month, and I am switching to the Classic program. For me, I really enjoy weight lifting, and the Lean program didn't have enough of it. Also, I do sports and I know that Plyometrics will be good for me to do, but it wasn't included in the Lean program.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    sounds like a good place for us to start. I know I need to lift more, but like cardio so much better. I hope we can figure out how to do it together without getting in each other's way.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Honestly, you don't need a ton of space to do the majority of the moves... That being said, I'm sure I'll prove myself wrong when I try Plyometrics for the first time:laugh: .

KenpoX, however, can get a little dangerous in close quarters... I accidentally kicked my dog while working out-now he knows to stay out of my way:blushing: and he sits next to our back door while I'm doing my evening workouts...