• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    MACHKA went to my sock knitting group on Saturday and the organiser was Australian from Tasmania. Nice group of ladies and managed after a couple of false starts to get a sock going

Kate UK <3

Did she happen to say which part of Tasmania? :)

No she didn't I will ask when I next see her
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    B)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Barbie ~ So glad you were able to correct the error. In today's world, I bet there are many who would have patted themselves on the back and felt like they had gotten a "free-bee." :)

We went to BnL's house yesterday hoping to see if there were bills that needed to be paid. There were no paper bills. Finally got the password to open his computer and could not figure out where they were. Will go back today and check his email (which I didn't do yesterday) and hope that's where they would be. Such a mess! :s

Trying to eat bland foods today as my stomach has been very acidic lately!

Carol in GA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    Didn't run, it was raining! Grrrrrrrrrr! I got on my exercise bike and managed 216 calories while watching a tv programme. Now off to collect Bea and will get a few more calories in from walking.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Barbie good job in fixing mistake. It is easy to do because it is not always clear what was being charged.

I go over our books too and always ask hubby if I do not recognize something. We have had false charges on our account. One time I caught it and one time bank did.

One time at Walmart DH bought a $3 measuring cup. It came up as $60 on our bank statement. It seems teller forgot to give receipt and did not hit total for his transaction so the next persons order was rung up on his card. It was caught on camera so we got our money back. I always ask for my receipt now because of this. I check them too because computers and sales checkers make mistakes.

Recently a interest bearing checking account went under the minimum. They added a $15 service fee per month The account does not even make that kind of interest in a year. To look at the statement they send via e-mail I have to go through a number of steps. I have to admit I was not good at checking this account so I got billed this fee a couple of months.

The lesson I learned for all this is people do make mistakes, there is an element out there that tries to take advantage of weakness in the system, and I need to pay attention to what is happening to our money.

The lesson I learned is to check all receipts and statements sent to me.

:heart: Margaret
  • twilli1127
    twilli1127 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would like to join this beautiful group of 50+! Just turned 50 in February.

April goals:
    Logging in my food daily. (Not a habit I’ve acquired yet)
    Getting out and walking more. At least 3-4 times a week.
    Weekly yoga about 3 times a week
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    wizzywig wrote: »
    Betsy I’ll have to try training Leah to walk on my left side and hold the lead like you mentioned. At the moment she drags me everywhere even though I pull her back with a firm NO. She is very stubborn and if I stop to get her under control, she sets off even faster as if I have held her up! She’s better on the lunchtime walk for some reason, but it could be that she knows she is only going around the block and will not get off lead. Yesterday I tried to run a bit with her (well more of a shuffle really) and she seemed to enjoy the (slightly) faster pace. I thought I would use her as an exercise coach and try to run a little bit further every day. At the moment I can run for 100 steps then walk for 50. Who knows I might get as good as Heather. ;)

Better get moving!

Love to all <3
    Viv York UK

I do you not understand why they want the dog to walk on the left side. I know that I always did that for dog training class in 4H with my daughter. However, it’s not practical!! When I walk the trails with my dog on the left everybody else’s dog coming towards me is on the left and not always friendly!! The dogs are nose to nose!! This is the stupidest way to walk a dog in my opinion. I trained Shep to walk on my right side and avoid all dogs coming towards me on their owners left side!!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Felicia - I have been there! I have been in a different city and had to tell my husband the number to order. A few weeks ago, he was out and I told him to stop and grab himself burgers on the way home. He texted me and asked me what he orders from a particular place. I was floored. I told my girls that I hope for their sake he goes before me.

Rori - making your home comfortable is such a nice way to treat yourselves.
    We were just looking at a way to do a couple projects that won’t cost an arm and a leg.

Barbie - I need to cut back on food and up the exercise, it sure does come back easy.

Betsy - wonderful story about finding your Ella. You can teach an old dog new tricks huh?

Laura - I read once a long time ago that if you were truly hungry you would be willing to eat an apple, if you weren’t willing to eat the apple you weren’t hungry. I should start remembering that.

Heather - Hugs, sounds like you need a nap or a walk in the sunshine. I hope your mood picks up for you.

Carol - all of my bills are in my email now, I bet you that’s where they are.

All of this talk of husbands not knowing how to cook reminded me of a story about my Uncle that just passed. His first wife, the mother of his 5 children passed away in the early 90’s of cancer. It was a shock to the family and as you can imagine everyone was devastated. They had just built their dream home and were getting ready in a few years to enjoy retirement. Anyway, Aunt Ann passed away and 6 months later Uncle Bruce announced he was getting married. His children were angry, his brothers and sisters didn’t understand, of course the town gossip was he had been seeing this woman previously. It was a mess. My Dad went to my Uncle, his brother and asked him why he was remarrying so fast. Uncle Bruce told Dad. He said, Lorne with Ann being sick and in the hospital and then dying the cold cellar hadn’t been restocked and groceries hadn’t really been bought. I went and bought groceries and when I came home I put the jug of milk on the counter, but I hit the side and the milk exploded everywhere. I got that cleaned up and went to take vegetables to the cold cellar and there was an awful smell in there. I found some rotting vegetables and went to get a pail of soapy water to clean it up. Didn’t I drop that bucket and it went all over. Lorne, if a Wh**e had walked in the door right then I would have married her. I don’t know how to live without a woman there to help me. When Uncle Bruce passed away last month he had a special friend named Carol mentioned in his obituary. His second wife and he had divorced in 2012 as she wanted to live in the Yukon near her daughter which was too far away for him from his children.

I am going to our local library today, I found out about a group that helps job seekers there. I’m going to see what they have to say.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    twilli1127 wrote: »
    Would like to join this beautiful group of 50+! Just turned 50 in February.

April goals:
    Logging in my food daily. (Not a habit I’ve acquired yet)
    Getting out and walking more. At least 3-4 times a week.
    Weekly yoga about 3 times a week

:) Welcome. Time to get started. I waited until I was past 60 to develop those good habits but one day at a time things got better. Now I log my food and exercise daily, walk every day and go to line dance classes. You can do it.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I
  • pipcd34
    Options
    __________________________________________________________________________________________