WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    Having my Siggis raspberry yogurt, and coffee. Lunch with be a mini tin of albacore tuna, a microwaveable container of wild rice, a two of relish, and a squirt of mayo, with pepper! Yummy city! Dinner is a Slim fast shake. Easy peasy day! Not a helliva lot, but it kind of feels good to be empty.
    Gym time!
    Chat laters!
    💗Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
    d4k3ycy9fu3o.jpg
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Becca, LOL, I swear my DH would literally spend an hour searching for just those items and never get a clue. Having him pick up one actual thing can take 15 minutes of thoughtful decision making. Good thing I actually enjoy grocery shopping. NYKAREN
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Barbie: Thank you for keeping us going.

I posted yesterday but couldn’t find it again.

Word for 2019 is CHOICE with a different word chosen for each month.

My word for March was ACCEPTANCE
    I worked on accepting that there are trade-offs that we have to make from time to time.
    March Goals
    • Log food/stay under goal ✅
    • 9000 steps a day ✅ except for one day sick and a rest day yesterday
    • 60+ minutes intentional exercise daily ✅
    • Weigh less at the end than now ✅ Only by 1.4 lbs!
    • Complete Weeks 6-10 of 10 week Boditrax course ✅ final assessment this coming Friday

My word for April is CONSOLIDATE
    This month I am taking stock of how much I have achieved so far. At almost 73, I feel that my emphasis should be on health and fitness. I upped my calories slightly, and am concentrating on reducing my empty calories.
    April Goals
    • Log food/stay under goal
    • 9000 steps a day
    • 60+ minutes intentional exercise daily
    • Weigh less at the end than now

☘️ Irish Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Penny: Lovely to see those beautiful photos.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Katla I had one of those done in the fall. That was when I was in the middle of buying the house with our son and DH was not feeling well which was a worry, so the process was a blur to me I just know it took a long time because my dentist did the crown on site. I remember it was pricey too but not as bad as a root canal.

Connie when I took classes to become a teacher one of the courses we had to take was how to write a test. It is more difficult than you think and it forces you to really think about the material and what is important. You also have to try and find a way to test higher thinking skills like how well students analyze and synthesize. The instructor might be having the student write the test to evaluate his/her students. The instructor might be having the students exchange tests as part of their evaluation too. I believe although out of the box it can be a very good way to grade students and help the students retain what they learn. I would assume students also have to submit a key.

No worries I will not be giving a test on this. LOL.

Son and DH are going through the legos getting them ready to sell. Son has some of the ones your darling son have Becca. I told him he is more than welcome to keep any sets he wants. He did just put together the Eldorado Fort. It does look impressive all put back together.

:heart: Margaret
  • lbb4
    lbb4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello there. Well I meet the criteria..50+. I'm actually 59 and holding on tightly till October 29th. You sound like a lovely group. I would like to join you if poss. I had health problems most of last year but hopefully they will have been resolved following an operation to remove my gall bladder on Feb 27th. Had lost weight on this site last year. Found it really helpful. Now want to get the focus back. My goals for March were mainly around recovery and I feel I achieved them, but I got out of logging my food and keeping a focus on my nutrition.
    My April goals are
    To log my food
    To eat low fat but include some healthy fats
    To exercise every day. Walking or cycling mainly
    To meditate daily.
    To also do visualisations on a more regular basis.
    Going to Spain next week, so I want to enjoy the sunshine and walk & swim.
    I think all those are a priority for me just now. I have work related and relationship goals, but for now, I believe putting my health first needs to happen.
    Be nice to have some company along the way.
    All the best everyone.
    Lorraine
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Phew! I missed a couple of days and it just took me an hour to catch up!

I didn’t make notes, but did read it all.

We had our family photos on Sunday, this was a Christmas present from my youngest and her fiancé that I have patiently been waiting for. I can’t wait to see how the turned out. I’m supposed to get the gallery today or tomorrow.

I haven’t got a lot to say, so will sign off for now.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    SueinWA--Hope DH can get his dentures worked out. That is one thing I didn't know until I lost 100 pounds is your month changes. I had to get new dentures and still not happy with the fit. But want to lose another 100 so going to wait and see what happens as they are not cheap and insurance only pays for a new set every 5 years.

SueBDew-Sorry to hear the headache came back. Pray the pills work and they stay away this time.

Penny--How sweet of DH. Missed you and the pictures. Thanks for sharing and welcome back.

Machka--Wise words and the way I have been getting by for last couple months.

Well going to try and walk home from work today. The weather is about 50 and I can deal with that. I want to get in the habit again of walking home in the afternoon. I used to and enjoied it. Not a lot else, weigh in this morning and was down over a pound and now to keep it going that way. So happy to see everyone.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Connie What subject(s) do you teach? Funny that your students want to dictate what goes on their exam. LOL!!!
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Well, and wow..... I wasn't gettting the like, hug etc options on the bottom of the posts as I was reading, get to the bottom of the page and it says something about log in or register to comment etc. I never close MFP on my desktop, so not sure when I logged out.... Anyway, hit the log in button and everything was back to normal. Weird.
    So far I have had breakfast, lunch and a workout, and everything is logged! Yay!
    Penny, those photos are amazing! Such an interesting part of the world, although I don't think I could deal with 24 hours of dark or light, not to mention all the snow!
    Heather, sincerely hope you have a wonderful visit with your cancer friend and you're right, your hubby is a fully functioning adult who can plan a few of his own meals!
    Sue, so very sorry to hear of your headache woes. Chronic, continuous pain of any sort is just so draining, hope you get relief soon!
    Rebecca, keeping my fingers crossed for you for the exact, right house to come along, it will, I just know it! Love the shopping list to keep the hubby busy! lol
    That's all I can remember for now.
    Hugs for those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on sunny Vancouver Island
    p.s. And then when I tried to post this, I got told I didn't have permission to do that! Had to log out, log back in and then it was okay. Fortunately, I had the forethought to copy my post so I didn't lose the darn thing!
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Heather, when I make it to the British Isles I’ve just GOT to put Brighton/Hove on my itinerary. You’ve got me very excited to experience it, no matter the time of year.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Penny – Missed you! The steamy mirror writing is fun, a dry erase marker also works on a mirror.

Rebecca – the list cracked me up –

Lisa – hang in – kick the funk to the side of the white space and one of us will sweep it away!

Sharon – Tax time! Hang in 😊

Newbies – welcome

Work has continued to be crazy; but keeping my head above water… I’m working on a special project a girl friend is getting married in early may, and for favors she wants patches so I’m doing them in a feather shape, each embroidered with color stripes and the bride/groom’s name and wedding date, she and hubby to be ride motorcycles and many friends do too so it will be fun to have them for their leather vests. 100 of them and each is taking more time then I predicted… this is my wedding gift.

Sunday the weather was mid – 70’s and gorgeous, today cool, wet, overcast… certainly not as bad as some of you, I do live in California, but my our standards and be hard to predict.

Kim from N. California
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Betsy ~ I sure wish my 16 lb Pom could be trained. He hates the mailman and any FedEx or garbage trucks he sees. He also hates meeting other dogs on our walks. :( He is going on 10 so I guess there is no hope. LOL

Carol in GA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    b]Evelyn[/b] - I’ve been having that issue for the last two or three weeks. Funnily enough I went to post this and had the error!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Uuuu
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Sharon - hope you make it over here!

Made it to the Swing class despite the hailstorm and chilly wind. Poor DH feels even more confused after the class. I will have to give him a practice session, but he is convinced he can't do it.

Came home to Midsomer Murders and a glass of Pernod.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    t57058.gif
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Evie: The same thing happened to me when I logged on this evening. Must be the gremlins at work 👻👻👻

☘️ Irish Terri
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Heather, sincerely hope you have a wonderful visit with your cancer friend and you're right, your hubby is a fully functioning adult who can plan a few of his own meals!

Ha! I was at a conference this weekend, and at dinner time, my 12 year old called me to ask if I could order a pizza for them for dinner. My husband was standing right there. I asked my son if he was kidding, and he said, "No. We're not sure how to order." I was floored. "Are you kidding me?? You are calling me, while I am at a conference, to ask me to order YOU a pizza???" After I calmed down, I gave my 12 year old the instructions for getting to the website and ordering his own damn pizza.

When I got home, I asked him, in private, what that was all about. He was apologetic and said, "I don't know. Daddy just asked me to call you and have you order us a pizza. I guess he didn't know how you did it." :frowning:

I hope you enjoy your visit, Heather. But having an adult in the house who evidently can't even order take out, makes me wonder if your husband will also be unable to manage a few meals on his own. :smirk:

Felicia, still shocked
    Willamette Valley, Oregon