Yup. Hit Scream Weight.

I knew it was coming, but today was the day. My goal weight is 125 (5-7”f) which I hit last Feb. Late summer creeped up to 135, over winter hit 145. Today, BAM! 150, the weight I said I would never see again. Technically, this doesn’t even belong in this thread, but you are my people. Yes, I know what needs to happen, but implementation is yet be seen. I do have incentive with a vacation in 45 days and no summer clothes that fit.

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I feel you. I've got very similar stats and gradual weight gain. Back down to 144.6 so far, aiming for 128-133 range. I'd maintained that pretty well for about a year and a half but the gradual gain started when I began working a lot more (and commuting about 70 min/day) ... so I haven't been in this group in a while! You've got this. Good incentive!
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    A few years ago I promised I’d never get over 170 again. Mid-December I hit 178. The scale had been screaming at me for a while - but my upcoming summer field season (and a lot of gear that didn’t fit comfortably anymore) kicked me into action before Christmas. It’s taken over 3 months to get to 168.

175 was when the scale started screaming at me, and I think that number is too high. Readjusting my weight comfort zone so that hopefully I won’t do that again.

You’ve got this.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    jrwms714 wrote: »
    Totally get it. In maintenance for 5+ years. Hit my scream weight, which to me means that I have to get right back to my range. But I bypassed it. Now it's only a bypass by two pounds, but I know that slippery slope all too well. And it's really 5 lbs. in you look at the bottom of my range. AND it's been on for 4 months, so I know it's not going to be easy to lose. 5 lbs. over a range on a 5'0" lady is a lot. Been kidding myself for too long, so got started again a few weeks ago. You know what to do, as do I. I'm back to my weight loss calories, and it's coming off slowly. Refuse to Regain, as the book says. (Good book if you haven't read it.) Good news is that we all have been there and we all know that we need to be alert. Bad news is that I hope you don't beat yourself up. Get back on the horse ... it's lifelong journey for us!

Just bought this book and will read it right now!

And @pierinifitness I do the same thing. Steam the teeny tiny potatoes from TJ’s in the IP and snack on them during the week.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I knew it was coming, but today was the day. My goal weight is 125 (5-7”f) which I hit last Feb. Late summer creeped up to 135, over winter hit 145. Today, BAM! 150, the weight I said I would never see again. Technically, this doesn’t even belong in this thread, but you are my people. Yes, I know what needs to happen, but implementation is yet be seen. I do have incentive with a vacation in 45 days and no summer clothes that fit.

The way I have broken thru to implementation paralysis is by working out. Seems like once I am lifting and moving, I am more motivated to deal with what I am eating. I hope you find what works for you soon :)

I find this too. I dislike ruining my workout progress by crappy eating.