Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    7998 steps Thursday

Dawn - amazing that woman kept Beaux and paid for all his surgeries even though he cant travel with her. i am so happy for Beaux. my sister had a strange arrangement with her black lab, Millie. she "shared" custody of Millie with a couple who always wanted a dog but traveled too much to keep one. the couple would get Millie when they were home (about 1 week a month, then most of summer) and my sister had her the rest of the time.
    and along those lines, i always heard the saying as if your thighs touch, thats more laproom for more puppies!

i plan to finish up the final parts of painting my kitchen & cabinets this weekend. i have a friend coming next weekend to paint my laundry & mechanical room doors. they are louvered and i dont like painting. for some reason she LOVES painting and wants to come do it. i wont stop her! :)
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

Hello Everybody~~

Another "off" day for me. I just can't seem to muster the right attitude.

Tomorrow I go to Charleston, SC for a couple of days to visit with girlfriends staying there on vacation. I'll try to be cool with the food and get back OP on Tuesday when I return.

Who said "clusterkitten"? Was that you Meg? I LOVE that.

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair for Happy Hour later*

Lana

248.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    8578 total steps

Finished a blanket for myself that I started in October-ish. If I get a picture I will try and post.

Curling up with dog.

Enjoy your trip Lana - we want details when you get back.

Wishing all a good night
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    Sara - laughing at the "Spring Rolls" too funny!
    Arniedog74 - Likewise the mermaid - I'm half there already!
    Morning everyone - hope today is quick and painless and THE WEEKEND STARTS TONIGHT!
    In honor of Friday...
    hd6ieoo6y8bk.jpg

Make it through today folks! Just make it through today!

My favorite doggy! Love Boston's! I'm halfway there, myself!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    7998 steps Thursday

Dawn - amazing that woman kept Beaux and paid for all his surgeries even though he cant travel with her. i am so happy for Beaux. my sister had a strange arrangement with her black lab, Millie. she "shared" custody of Millie with a couple who always wanted a dog but traveled too much to keep one. the couple would get Millie when they were home (about 1 week a month, then most of summer) and my sister had her the rest of the time.
    and along those lines, i always heard the saying as if your thighs touch, thats more laproom for more puppies!

i plan to finish up the final parts of painting my kitchen & cabinets this weekend. i have a friend coming next weekend to paint my laundry & mechanical room doors. they are louvered and i dont like painting. for some reason she LOVES painting and wants to come do it. i wont stop her! :)

I love that people figure things out, rather than just giving up. Working at shelter for 5 years, I saw so much heartbreak (felt bad for the animals) so many people just don't care enough. But, stories like this, let's me know there are still good people. I agree about the lap thing! Good luck with kitchen! Share pics if you can!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed and I am next.

Not sure about meals this week. Will have to wing it maybe.

Wave to all who follow. bbl
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning - Up early and meeting 2 friends shortly. Mr.Mick is on the road today, so the 3 of us are going to walk the Big River Crossing bridge from Tennessee to Arkansas across the Mississippi. I will post pictures because this is usually a beautiful walk. We have plans for breakfast afterward and then hitting the opening day of the downtown Farmers Market. That is usually a neat thing - Not a lot out yet but early greens, but they have live bluegrass and meats, so we will see. We have tickets to the Vintage Spring Market later this afternoon. Sticking a pot of stew in the slow cooker and watching basketball tonight with Mr. Mick. Busy, busy day but have been looking forward to today for a couple of weeks!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Random question... does anyone where contacts? I am trying to find mine at a decent rate. I can get them where I got exam... but, it's over $200 for just 3 months. Tried 1800 Contacts. They have my left contact, not my right... darn Astygmatism... thanks for any ideas...
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Power flickering on & off. It's a beautiful clear day so no storms or anything like that to mess with power. Maybe squirrels are in the transformer again. Just another one of the joy's of living out in the middle of nowhere!
    I have all windows and the French doors open to let in the fresh air. Its 73°. A gorgeous day! Gracie, my cat, is loving having everything open!
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Oh! Almost forgot- 7104 steps Friday.
    Already at 11227 steps today with all the yard work & grocery shopping done! Will be interesting to see what total will be for the day. Pretty sure I wont be able to move tomorrow because of it! Haha!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    6021 total steps

Will run dishwasher tonight and purchase cleanser for my dishwasher - found it is smelling something "laboratory like" - so will spend rest of night curled up with dog. What a way to end a day.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Random question... does anyone where contacts? I am trying to find mine at a decent rate. I can get them where I got exam... but, it's over $200 for just 3 months. Tried 1800 Contacts. They have my left contact, not my right... darn Astygmatism... thanks for any ideas...

I used to have them. I can’t remember what I paid for them though

Thanks. I actually signed up for Eyecare Club at Americas Best. It gives me a discount. They're about the cheapest. Hard to believe. Didn't realize, having astigmatism made things so difficult.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Saw an eye commercial started to read small print as it rain - no bifocals and not available in CA....yes it is hard. Dawn I hope your new attempt works out. I know people who use Costco.....

Making 4 couscous/ground chicken/black bean and cheese burritos - not sure if the couscous will work, it is plain and I am trying it instead of rice as it is a grain. It is one of those, "what is in your house" recipes like lasagna or stew. We shall see and if nothing else I will be eating it.

Good walking weather this week as no real chance of rain.

I irritated an area on my body and glad I keep Desitin/ zinc oxide in the house. Hydro-cortisone did not help at all. I keep zinc oxide for burns, but it has many uses. Just keep a good first aid kit in your house that is the lesson.

Wave to all who follow. bbl
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- I didn't think about Costco... will check online... Thanks

Suzu- storms heading this way, too... stay safe
  • lklimowicz
    lklimowicz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Starting a weight loss program today. I’ll be shopping and meal prepping a lot of today plus doing my C25k training. I go from a goal of losing .5-1 lb a week to 3.5 lbs a week. The diet is pretty restrictive as far as what you can eat - but you eat a ton throughout the day. I struggled making through breakfast as it was too much food. It eventually is less restrictive but initially for the big kick start push it limits to 4 types of protein, 4 types of carbs, and 5 vegetable options then it branches out later.

I have a few friends that have done these weight loss boot camp type things with great results but they all seem to gain it back with the exception of one person.

Anyone have any tips for making this last?
  • lklimowicz
    lklimowicz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »

I use discountcontactlenses.com but Costco is a great option if you can find your brand.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8086 total steps

rain tomorrow and too nice today to stay inside so 3k walking after dinner.

curl up with dog and book.

wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Attempt #2 got distracted by oatmeal smells in kitchen. Down 2# and will try and keep up that movement on scale, stayed away from sweets this weekend shopping and drank water all over the place.

Dishwasher will be fixed with any luck today - found leak this morning - nice way to wake up. Left message to maintenance man about leak (add to list of symptoms dishwasher is having).

I see a qotd coming - Question of the day: What motivates you to lose weight?

AOTD - at the moment the notion of buying larger clothing is repulsive.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all-
    Rain is out of here for the moment, but back by 10 this morning. Ground is so saturated from the last 2 weeks. Getting really green out now.

AOTD - Health and continued ability to LIVE the life I want, not just fail to die. I'm in my mid 60s and I want to continue to have the active life I choose.

l7trxp6dwua4.jpg

Wishing you all a Monday full of promise!