JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Adamtrue0
    Adamtrue0 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've only just discovered this post. For those of you who started on New Years Day then in another 3 days it will be 100 days since we started!! I'm sure everyone is feeling way healthier :smiley:
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday April 7

Log accurately :) I like to think so!
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge. :) I changed my bed today and I love fresh bedding; thinking about this as a positive, made me realise how fortunate I am to have a clean, safe bed and easy access to laundry facilities

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    HEGoddard0928. I hope the doctor is helpful and Matt starts to improve. I think Bex understands the dilemma you are feeling around your love for him and the impact for you. Don't be hard on yourself. Sending you hugs and hoping things improve for you and Matt.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Thank you @ZizzyBumble and @Bex953172 It really means a lot. I had a good talk with my mom this afternoon too and feel much better and more optomistic. I know that things are hard now but they always seem to work out. Just have to make it through this little storm. I have a plaque that hangs about my couch that says "Life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, but learning to dance in the rain." I really need to remember that and stick to that permise.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 - Is there any sort of social or support group for caregivers in your area? Maybe check with neighboring hospitals?
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 - I nursed my husband through several illness and I think your feelings are normal. Our feelings are our feelings. It is important we recognize them, then we can start dealing with them. Good luck with doctor and getting answers.
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Committing to no late-night snacking today. I am just a dash over my calorie count for today, so finally a good day.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    4/7/19 Sun
    Weight: 151.6 lbs. Yay!
    Water 4 8oz. glasses - :) Drank 6
    Stay in green :)
    Work in exercise :)
    Bed by midnight :(

jft 4/8/19 Mon.
    Weight:
    Water-at least 4 8oz. glasses
    Stay in green
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Monday 8 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge

It grey and damp out, I have no enthusiasm for a pre-work walk and have now left it too late. I will have to fit my walking in this evening.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    JFT ~Sunday (4/07)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    Track
    CBS Sunday w/hubby
    A “Sunday” breakfast
    10 Min cleaning
    60 minutes of exercise:
    20m combo of an upper & lower body move targeting certain muscles w/ resistance weights.
    10 Min abs
    20 Min walk
    10 Min pm floor stretches
    Reward Day! = a soaking bath and a self french manicure

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face (remind me to take care of me - overall wellness)
    Drink hot tea (keep my tongue happy & fill belly)
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner. Tonight 9pm: read book.
    Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive:
    Hubby & I are working together to have good proteins for dinner. With that I’m being nicer versus so controlling, snippy, and petty. He will let me plan dinner and he will cook the protein. I will have to be strong to prepare and plate my veggie & carb prior to dinner to not eat the two carbs he makes for himself. This is progress for us. And mentally, for me, I’m on my way to overall wellness.

Will catch up later. Hubby up and it's almost time for our Sunday QT - CBS Sunday show. <<hugs>>

JFT ~Sunday (4/07)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    Track
    9:00am CBS Sunday w/hubby
    10:30am 20m combo (& cardio) & 10 Min abs
    10 Min cleaning - gave myself the day off.
    11:30am A “Sunday” breakfast
    Reward Day! = a soaking bath and a self french manicure
    2:30 dinner
    5:30pm snack
    20 Min walk

Change clothes, brush hair, wash face (remind me to take care of me - overall wellness)
    Drink hot tea (keep my tongue happy & fill belly)
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.
    Tonight 9pm: read book.
    Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Hubby & I are working together to have good proteins for dinner. With that I’m being nicer versus so controlling, snippy, and petty. He will let me plan dinner and he will cook the protein. I will have to be strong to prepare and plate my veggie & carb prior to dinner to not eat the two carbs he makes for himself. This is progress for us. And mentally, for me I’m on my way to overall wellness.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    April 7 Goals
    Church-met
    Grocery-done
    60 minute continuous walk outside-64 minutes
    Ironing (including getting shorts/capris ready for wear--that will take some time)-Everything done and put away
    3 small work projects I have delayed-no-spent time talking with SIl and college roommate, so no guilt
    Log everything-done
    Get close to net calories for day-yep
    Adjust step and exercise goals upward-done, now meet them
    Balance checkbook-done
    Pay bills-done
    Enter Monday goals tonight--nope

Very productive day. The more I do the more energy I have. Also got in a good afterwork stretch and used my weights for a small work out my son has given me (he is very into weight lifting). I was especially happy I was able to do 5 supermans on each side and only got wobbly on one (they look so easy).

April 8 Goals
    Get in steps
    Log accurately
    Productive work day
    Vacuum and dust house tonight
    Prepare for church council on Tuesday
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, a brand new week!

Yesterday was a complete write off for me foodwise, I had healthy meals, but FAR too much snacking. There is so much "rubbish" food in the house now that son has moved home. I know I don't have to eat it, but it's much easier to when it's there in front of me. Need more willpower! He is tall and slim and could actually do to put on a few pounds.

So a new start this Monday
    JFT 8th April

Start logging again
    Stay in the green
    Shop...again! the food just disappears now lol
    Try to fit in visit to parents
    Print off some forms for surgery
    Attend the doctors appointment I made such efforts to get
    Don't stress all day about said appointment

I gave myself a proper talking to before I got up this morning. I'm not trying hard enough and have only lost 4lbs since I started at the end of January. I've come to the conclusion that there are 2 people in my head.
    The one who thinks about losing weight, counts calories, pictures myself slimmer in the summer, keeps all the clothes which are too small because I'll definitely be wearing them again soon...
    And then there's the other one, who just wants to eat "normally" and not even think about calories. (I don't mean huge plates of food, just able to have a dessert, or some roast potatoes, or butter on toast...). Who just wants to live without thinking about food every day. Just think of the space in my bedroom if I gave up dieting and got rid of the too-small clothes!

Unfortunately it's the second one who's been coming out on top too often recently. I'm not ready to give up yet, so the snacking has to stop! It's all about changing habits for life, isn't it?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails; call B about getting together. Call mac store.
    3. Plan & log Monday food.
    4. Create review plan for Class 4. Save class 1-2 plans as PDF and have ready to print. Lang8 post. Blog post 30 minutes.
    5. Read 20 pages of Tidying Up and 10 of Capital.
    6. Pack car for Monday. Movie? Maybe the cheese store!
    7. Park run: 5.25 miles, aim for <80 min. Try to chug along & avoid walking.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.) (Monday - bring balsamic vinaigrette back; get to school early and clean out the fridge. Bring pushpins home to hang poster by the back door.) (Thursday - Check library for book on order.)

JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Update JFT before leaving for school by 7:00.
    3. Clean out fridge. Catch up with emails. Call mac store. Print "Two Kinds" and mark parts. Print class 1-2 plans.
    4. Create review plan for Class 4. Lang8 post. Blog post 30 minutes.
    5. Read 20 pages of Cross-Training and 10 of Capital. Plan & log Tuesday food.
    6. Grade 10 research essays. Take balsamic vinaigrette home. Bring pushpins for poster.
    7. Head to Y for strength class & Zumba.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.) (Thursday - Check library for book on order.)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. I'm nervous about the next few weeks because I'm due for an observation but I also have the state exams coming up for one of my classes and I want to do some review work. This is a new course for me, so I'm not familiar with the test. I guess this is what it feels like when you're a student - as a teacher, you get a little more practice as the years go by!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Meditate
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Monday (4/08)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    8:00am 20 Min cleaning & dancing
    8:30am Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    Track
    9:30am Breakfast -eggs
    10am Shower
    10:45am Leave
    Park.
    Walk 20 min
    12:30am Shake
    3:00 Salad
    5:30pm dinner
    ?20 Min walk or Glider, if hubby makes run

Change clothes, brush hair, wash face Drink hot tea
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.
    Read book, not TV in bed.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! As per usual, the weekend seems to have flown by. Ah well, lots to do at work today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 4/7:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps😁
    4. Exchange contacts at Walmart😑 they told me to try them again and if there's still an issue the doctor is in on Wednesday
    5. Wash a load of laundry😞
    6. Put away clean laundry😞
    7. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😁
    8. Stay positive😊 for the most part

JFT 4/8:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Wash a load of laundry
    6. Put away clean laundry
    7. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
    8. Stay positive
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @johicks and @ginnytez - smashing it! Well done.

@littleblackskirt I can relate to that feeling of wishing you didn’t have to worry about calories etc - true for me even in maintenance!

@clicketykeys - stressful times! Wish you lots of luck and hopefully it will all be over and done with soon x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well I have followed a good weekend with a ridiculous morning. I’ve been anxious about keeping my progress now I’m off work for a couple of weeks and it seems my negative thoughts made fear a reality. Planned to go for a run this morning, wasted time then by the time I was ready it was pouring rain. I was so frustrated with myself that I then ended up eating a load of food. All ‘healthy’ stuff but too much of it. BUT I managed to stop myself, sort my head out and made a new plan for the day. Actually started a home workout then realised it had stopped raining and I could do my run after all....

One hour later and I’ve hit my fastest 5k, 10k and longest run times. And pretty sure I’ve burnt off that big breakfast! So my positive thought is that I’m proud of myself for not giving up and writing off the day. Going to shower and head to the cinema now with the kids.

Sunday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - fold and put away laundry ✅
    - finish cleaning ✅
    - jog with kids to cafe for breakfast ✅
    - pet food and health food shop ✅
    - begin clothes clearout ❎ just couldn’t face it!
    - rest ✅

Monday goals:
    - morning run ✅ eventually!
    - water
    - cinema with the girls
    - groceries
    - paperwork
    - begin clothes clearout
    - online grocery shop
    - 3x report personal statements
    - bed by 9:30
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good morning from North Carolina 😁💕

Just wondering what part of North Carolina? My sister's family lives in and around Lewisville, NC. Lovely area.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Keeping it simple:
    Stay in the green
    Exercise--20"
    Yard cleanup
    Organ practice--
    Weight: 163.6: seems as if I've been stuck there forever! I discovered that 1800 calories, which has been my goal, is considered a maintenance diet for women--guessing that I'll need to bring it down to 1600 to see any results. Weather has been good, so I am getting in a walk every day for about 20 minutes--aiming for 6000 steps daily.
    Bluebirds are building a nest in the bird box in the backyard.--whoopee!