Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    5316 steps Monday
    My temporary goal is 8k a day. Once I get that consistently, then I will go for the 10k per day. Obviously, I am not quite there yet. :(
    I really need to up my steps. Working at a desk all day, even with the standing desk, isn't doing me any favors. I will try to get out for some yardwork this afternoon, check on all those trees I planted Saturday. That should help get those steps up. If the dog can stay out of the pond long enough, I may take him for a walk up and down lane and around property lines to work on his commands. I hate walking along country roads, especially when we are situated between hills. Some idiots come up over those hills doing 60mph or more and there is not even a side ditch to step into, just a drop off. :s

You'll get there, hickchic, just keep at it. One step at a time. When I first got a Fitbit, I didn't hit 10K steps a day. I had to work up to it as well. Keep going, you will get there. And be safe!
  • Kimmotion5783
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Hello all!
    Great sunshiny AM in WI today. but they are predicting 6-12 inches of snow W-Th! What?????
    AOTD - my daughters wedding. My new mantra when I wish to eat "bad" foods I speak to myself - "you deserve to look awesome in August at your daughters wedding. lets do this!" :smiley:
    Make it a great Monday!

Yes, I saw that on the Weather Channel! That is absolutely crazy! Please be careful out there. Congratulations on your daughters' wedding! Visualization is such a great motivator, isn't it?
  • Kimmotion5783
    Options
    Well, here I go again. The definition of a serial starter! My weight loss stalled due to a series of really stressful situations. Back in Thanksgiving of 2018, I was down to my lowest weight, 229 lbs. As of today, I am at 240 lbs. A gain of 11 pounds is not really all that bad considering the hell I'd gone through this past winter. Could have been much worse! But it was damage control at best. But as soon as the car is repaired, I will be going back to my daily visits to the gym and hitting the produce section of the grocery store with a vengeance. Salads and green smoothies, here I come! Cannot wait to get back to normal! Just a few more days and it'll all be good! Let's do this thing! B)<3
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    https://savorandsavvy.com/2014/08/free-printable-menu-planner-and-more.html

This is the meal planning template I've been using lately and I really like the no fuss no muss, bare bones but still cute format. Plus kitchen inventory sheets!

Upper; Made all 5 lunches for everyday of the week with mucho veggies, lean proteins, and a hearty scoop of home made cilantro rice. Put together IKEA furniture over the week end so got a work out like WOAH. This room is shaping up real nice, becoming much more tranquil~

Downer: woke up too late to make breakfast and went through a fast food restaurant. I got the breakfast burrito because I thought it'd be less of a calorie bomb that their version of an egg mcmuffin or what ever. When I make a egg burrito with all the fixings: 500 calories max. Theirs: 990!?! What the heckie, it didn't even have cheese??? I guess this has to happen every so often to remind me why making breakfast the night before is unnegotiable.

ATOD: I just want to feel better, more confident. It's not about being skinny, I never will be skinny but I WILL be healthy.

@arniedog74 - Oh, man that's rough. I only have a slight astigmatism but I find that monthly lenses do better than dailies.

I used to do monthlies... but, cuz of my work and allergies, they recommended dailies. And, I seem to be doing better. Eyes are not terribly dry at end of day. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! I wish I could get into meal plan/ prepping... just don't have the motivation...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    9256 total steps

Seems dishwasher is fixed - I "need to clean my dishes better before using the dishwasher" - my other dishwasher lasted 18 years - maintenance man left a real mess in my kitchen so I heard his message, but I was not impressed.

Have tomorrow off, spending quality time at the Post Office. Wish me luck it is not too bad. Sending sister 2 birthday cards as I could not decide why not have 2 laughs?

Dawn, what would motivate you? Can we help keep you accountable?

Smelled doughnuts at work and usually I would want one, but decided it wasnt worth it. (did have 2 pieces of Dove dark chocolate/peanut butter though.....).

New romance novel and curled up with Miss T. What a life.

Wishing all a good night.

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- I really don't know. I get super motivated, make decisions to do more/ better... then, I just don't follow thru. I eat smaller portions... try to make better choices... my sweet tooth almost always wins...I used to log on here all the time. I never, ever thought that it was helping. And, that was me being completely honest. I really, really want to take my Max to the park and walk... he's chunked up a bit...I can't do it, if it's too warm (Boston's don't do well in heat) The closest place to walk, is 10 min away. So, to get in a decent walk, I would be walking in the dark in the morning. And, it's starting to look like we're not going to have Spring (81 deg today) so, no afternoon walk. I feel like I'm just full of excuses...lol

Kind of a funny note.. there is a gas station across the street from my work. With nice weather, I walk over there every day at lunch. It is not far (I should actually check mileage) Everyone at work tries to give me a ride. "I don't like you walking" In fairness, I do have to cross the Hwy... reality, the HWY has 2 lanes plus turn lane...I just tell them, I enjoy playing Frogger. :D
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Day off, hair and toes with a trip to the post office. If I get lucky laundry as well.

Weather is fickle. So hot I had the fan on Monday/Tuesday and woke up cold last night. Just shake my head.

Have lunch and dinner in fridge freezer so at least that part is easy.

Back for a little more zzz. Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Welcome all Newcomers - @Jamie2663 , @Kimmotion5783 , and @K9008. This is not the first rodeo for any of us and this group supports, motivates, shares a laugh, or gives a virtual hug as needed. Good luck and welcome.
    - log your food! (I have been back-sliding on that step lately and my waist line is telling me about it)
    - Find a good healthy diet plan and then try to stick with it
    - Find ways to increase activity at home or work (Walk, stairs)
    Good Luck!

Traveling last couple of days and Capital budget time - I HATE this time of year!!! STRESS!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    happy Wednesday!
    I have a weight loss tip - not sure I recommend it, but it works. Have a colonoscopy! I am 50 so I scheduled it all this year. Wow. Not fun - the prep. Not sure how diabetics do it. I ate broth and jello all day. I felt terrible, shaky, yucky. Anyway, the procedure - easy peasy. Don't have to go back for 10 years. Maybe by then I will like orange gatorade again :neutral: I am down 2 pounds because of it :wink:
    Welcome new comers. Looking forward to getting to know you.
    Sara - Wash dishes better before dishwasher? That is not a fix. Sorry to say. I had an old dishwasher some of my adult life. When it died i did not feel worth it to get new one. When we moved into our home we did get new appliances. the dishwasher cleans A LOT compared to my old one. I love it. Big kettles and cast iron pans and some plastics that melt are all I wash now. So if there is someone to gripe to - I would.
    Suzu - good luck....don't forget to take deep breaths. what do you do for a job? maybe I knew but don't remember - sorry.
    Lynn
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lynn - good luck with getting to like gatorade again! due to family history, I have to do them every 3-5 years. the prep kills me though. i think i would rather just take the old fashioned stuff they gave you to drink vs the gatorade method.
    Sara - my dishwasher actually said not to wash dishes before using dishwasher. it has to "sense" the amount stuff its washing away and wash accordingly. if you clean them beforehand, then it wont function properly. this one is 15 years old and still chugging away. besides, if you have to wash your dishes before using dishwasher, what is the point of the dishwasher??
    Lots of fun stuff happening in office. lots of gossip rolling around. am trying to stay quiet, locked in my office, but people keep coming in and talking. Oy!
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Lynn, I am 50 and expect my doc to order a colonoscopy at my next check (May). I've been dreading it...

I have a Bosch dishwasher I think about 5 yrs old. It is the only DW I've had that actually cleans my dishes. No rinsing before hand. If I start to see any residue being left on dishes, its time to clean the screen. Rinsing your dishes before hand is so a thing of the past. The maintenance man needs to get a reality check!

Made it to 178 this week, but back up to 180.5 at present. The scale fluctuation is so typical.

Welcome New comers.. (Weird for me to say that as I am still new myself)

Happy Hump Day to all,
    Birdie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    5732 total steps

Ladies, I have never "cleaned" my dishes before I put them in dishwasher - like said above, at that point why not wash them by hand?? However, I also dont put things in with actual food like half a dinner on them in the dishwasher either. We shall see. I think my maintenance man is also full of "kitten" sometimes. So there.

Starting next month I will have a facial/neck and shoulder massage before my hair apt. In the interest of my health.

Lynn good for you to lose weight with your procedure. I got to drink white cherry and lime/cucumber gatorade like drinks.

Back to work tomorrow - Tri tip salad at cafe, so guess what I am having??

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

Hello All~~

Just barely made it here today. My mind is in another world. The trip to Charleston was tiring; the food was good. It's good to be home and back in control.

See you all tomorrow~~

Lana

247.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`) my dishwasher is ancient but my landlord won’t shell out for a new one so I’m in the camp of washing before washing. The screen isn’t removable and is way in the back, the worst.

There is left over soda from my roommates party and it’s killing meee.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Meghan (sp) - go and get a cup of herbal tea or coffee - leave that soda alone for someone else to drink and let them put on the weight.

• suzu_2
    Options
    Evening all - How goes it today?
    Early garden is going really well. Weather has been SO weird (cold, hot, flooding rain - waiting for the cats and dogs) I really wasn't sure if the poor plants would grow or drown. They are looking pretty good if I can keep the dang chipmunks out!!

Lynn - I'm a nurse that crossed to the medical I.T dark side. I manage 2 teams - Informatics and Clinical Applications for a 19 hospital system.

Birdie - I'm fluctuating too. I decided to give my scale a rest for a few says.
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    On what I plan to be my last start. I have been at it for almost 6 months now and down almost 50lbs. I am being a lot easier on myself this time around and it seems to be helping me stick to it. If I fall off I just get back at it the next day. It is slowing my progress but it is keeping it off. Meal planning is my next challenge to get over. I am terrible at it!

Welcome! Almost 50 lbs in 6 months! Congrats and what's your secret?! I've been at, this time, for 3 yrs and lost about 3 lbs...

I am doing Profile by Sandford... low fat/low carb. So far it's been working !
  • pompelipom
    pompelipom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Are any of you doin the 30-days shred to loose weight?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Back to the salt mines. Suzu - wowie I am not sure if the dark side is a pun on Imaging or the large task you took on.....

Cafe for lunch so easy lunch bag this morning for which I am grateful.

Did not get a lot of steps in last night. Had pedicure and was not interested in getting socks on - if I wear my walking shoes I use socks out of habit.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from salt mine.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    pompelipom wrote: »
    Hi guys! Are any of you doin the 30-days shred to loose weight?

Hey pompelipom -I did 30-Day when I lost my 60# and it really works. You get more toned and it makes you much more conscious of what it is going to take to burn off that cupcake. The great cupcake deterrent -Ha! No, really - 30-Day is a great program and very manageable. Not like some of the more extreme series.
    Have not done it this time around for a variety of reasons including time and a knee injury.
    Good luck and post your progress for us!! Maybe that will motivate me to at least try the modified version.