Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! For those headed back to the office after a long weekend, good luck with re-entry.

I was going to moan about today’s weather in DC (no sun, rain in forecast AGAIN) but read the posts from Sara and Eryn first. Yikes! Our temps and humidity are not that bad today.

Focusing on getting to the gym, keeping calories within reason and eating up the bounty from the first CSA week. Learned how to stew rhubarb and cook beets (didn’t like beets before - now like them chilled and in salads. Saw a recipe for roasted beets - will have to try that next.)

BBL,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

I missed stopping by yesterday: I went out to Long Island to visit my girlfriend with the rare brain cancer. I was so delighted that she is back in her own house (no longer in sister's house or rehab facility), is so much happier, has 24/7 care, and is doing well, all things considered. Other people came to visit, and there were a lot of stories told and laughs had.

Meanwhile, I have really been a slacker and off program for too long now. I will get back on the stick today.

Will be back later.

Everyone have a good day today~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Kathryn - thank you for posting that photo. It was really interesting to see. :smiley:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Tess - roasted beets- think roasted radishes as well!!

On way to work..... bbl
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Waving to all from work! I was bad for the weekend. Very bad. It will continue for a bit, but I am trying to keep my indulgences to a minimum.

Three day work week for me. Have more vacation coming up Friday and next Monday.

Noticed yesterday the face of my Fitbit is cracked. Hope it will maintain itself until November when I get my bonus so I can buy another.

Enjoy your day!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Ceiling fans are on. 98 high for today with orange air quality (sensitive groups). Consider me sensitive......
    zjelah6zs5d4.png

Wishing all a good night
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - temps here are already way too warm... haven't even had a chance to walk, just stifling... ugh... wishing for more comfy temps for you...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog made sure I kept her to schedule. Temps are up from last week prediction. We get a south breeze that cools us off in the summer ( also brings pollution from Bay Area) and so it will not be as bad today.

Making Jello tonight for my solid food Thursday/Friday. Have not had Jello in ages. Have also not had chocolate chip cookies in ages (taking care of that as well.....).

Stay cool drink lots of water and dont overdo - or try not to.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Mmmmm.......roasted beets. Yum!

Sara - sorry to hear about those temperatures. I trust you will do whatever you can to be as comfortable as possible. Jello !!!

Dawn - sorry to hear about your warm temps too~~

Waving to Tracy and Kathryn and Saltine and Missy and Eryn and Izenzo and Tess and anyone else who stops by later on.

Lana

237.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Stopping by for a quick wave. "Hi!"

Today is not the best. Finishing off leftovers from our grill out. But I will have four days this weekend to prepare for next week and my choices will be better tomorrow. I'm doing the best I can and not beating myself up about being off track. That is the best advice I can give anyone. Don't get in a down spiral if things are not perfect all the time. You know what to do and how to do it, just do the best you can.

Happy Wednesday to all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,743 Member
    Options
    mvppqbazfquv.png

Oh this is so true! I have to remind myself all the time that I'm doing it, just not as fast as I think it should be.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Okay not a good evening,

Broke my casserole dish trying to get it out of the fridge. Long day and just was flustered, there went 3 of my meals for the week - luckily I have leftover stroganoff for tonight (what wasnt burned last night). Sat there in the kitchen and cried. Had to quickly pick up glass - dog stayed out of kitchen bless her.

Decided to give myself a massage for this whole colonoscopy mess and now less meals mess.

* ordering everything on the cabana boy menu.......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    One thing today, I got my "all important" workfile down from 30 to 8 - which is why I am so tired and I gave myself a second virtual lap around the cubicles at work! Just not worth all the hard work it seems, but not doing the work gets you in trouble, cannot win.

ujl9mdmeefas.png
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh Sara - So sorry to hear what happened. I do understand the devastation and why you cried. That SO stinks for all the reasons you said. You put so much hard work into taking care of yourself and cooking for yourself, and now you are out a casserole dish to boot. *Kitten*

*Cabana Boys fussing all around Sara and Tillie, fanning, massaging, and fluffing*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Lana - I am lucky in that if my accident in the kitchen had happened before tonight I would have been scrambling for meals..... Cleaned area with broom, wisk broom and 4 wet paper towels - that stuff gets everywhere.

On to bigger and better things. Today I sent two interoffice packages to a lady who I met last week who had just come back after chemotherapy - a big skein of yarn and 2 knitting needles with some websites that have good tutorials/patterns, and a big book to read. Have to keep doing good things.

Time to get settled and call it a night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - so wonderful all the good deeds you do. Hope those people truly appreciate you. May someone recognize your goodness and gift you a new casserole dish :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Chicken/beef broth - green jello and lime/cucumber gatorade is my meals today - made double batch of jello and have hard candy at work. Can drink tea/coffee.

I was on hold to Cigna (part of my job) and they were telling those listening - those "on hold" messages - that colon cancer is the #1 cause of death with people over 50 - I had to tell lady at work who had colon removed in her late 20's - we were not happy that they were using a scare tactic to get people to get their colonoscopies done, but I guess if it works. Cigna is not one of my favorite insurance companies anyway (cost/coverage/website access etc).

On to a better subject - lady at work wants 30 hearts - that will make 110 approx hearts I have made so far. Started to realize that is quite a number of people.

Lurking from work, I can work something other than highest amount today and to be honest I dont care......

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Thursday.

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    Today will be a beautiful day!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Thank you for your inspiring post today. You are the doer of many good deeds.
    I hope that your workday goes well and that the evening goes well. Will check in with you later.

Must get myself going for cardiologist appointment for semi-annual routine checkup. Also stopping at theater this morning to get some of my clothes out of there. I need my "opening night outfit" for the cruise!

Waving to everyone who stops by~~

BBL

Lana

237.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal