Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bit of a scare today. As I looked in the mirror to put on makeup (highly unusual these days) I saw a tick in my upper ear crease. Had to pull it and smash it. Bugs don't bother me, but the diseases they carry do.

On a happier note, I was chosen to perform in a diversity video for my company and they were pleased with my takes. Haven't been in front of a camera ( or an audience ) for lo these many years.

I will have sushi for lunch with a dear friend.

Waving to all! :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    One hour to prep drink starts, did the Tess "hint" and all I will say for now is......
    dtlxyjmac2lr.png

3q9g3racuwfn.png

z9d4diodh1sp.png

Seriously cute kitten pictures.

Hope to check in tomorrow.

New shoes came in and they are so loose in the toes it is stupid why I waited so long - Propte aurora wedge sandal in olive green!!

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, using my scentsy in the bathroom is the best idea I have had in a long time.......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Day off doing prep for procedure later this morning. Procedure itself is at 3.

Hoping for a little more sleep. Will take what I can.

Wave to all who follow. TGIF.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone!

Whew, it's been a crazy, but good week! I am glad the weekend is here.

I started the Stronglifts program this week and am making some good progress with some of my biggest weight loss issues (like cutting back on the delicious wine and craft beers I love, and not snacking in the evening). I am hoping to do even better this weekend and this upcoming week. I loaded up on lots of healthy foods yesterday and I am ready.

Also ready to sleep in and just relax this weekend!

Hope all goes well with your procedure!! Waves to all! TGIF indeed!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options

Hi Eryn! Hi Sara!

Sara - I will be sending you good vibes all day. Big hugs~~

Look at the scale today: tracking for me.
    I have been out of control. Got easily talked into many baked goods from famous Glaser's Bakery in Yorkville Manhattan that is closing after 100+ years, on top of diner food for dinner. Plus chinese leftovers all week. Bad, bad choices. Why? Why? I am thinking seriously about this. I think that it is low self-esteem and self-value and depression looking to medicate and sooth. The old Food is Love crap.

Waves to all who follow~~

Lana

240.2 Today
    250.0 Highest
    185.0 Goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - the kittens are cute. Of course we know why they are there! May try to save them for later use.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i hope I can make this home. My first rodeo was 2012 and i'm back now after a number of years! I've posted details in the welcome thread. I'm glad to be back and tracking again!

You'll mainly hear daily updates about the kids, dog, work or gym session! apologies if I bore you :blush:
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Got the most surprising news last night. It seems I have a half-sister that no one knew existed. She had been given up at birth at "home for unwed mothers" and lead to believe that her father was deceased. She found Dad through ancestry.com DNA match and unsealed adoption records. He is quite surprised to say the least. He had dated her mother for a short time after divorcing my mother but she went back with an old boyfriend, so there was no knowledge of a baby.
    Its a bit much to wrap my head around and I am not sure if I am nervous or excited to realize there is another sibling out there. I did have to giggle when Dad told me he had showed her a picture of me and she said, "that's my older sister who looks younger than me?!"
    I will be emailing her today. Very strange - no idea what to say, no real idea of what kind of person she is.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Bufger- welcome, stop by and bore us ... many of us have dogs, also post about work, and are looking to do better exercise wise.

Stepped on scale down 3 pounds so far - dont recommend this as a weight loss program, but keeping this gift of weight off is key....

Kathryn - I didnt know I had a half sister and didnt meet her until I was 17, brave of her to make contact as well. You may share medical history...... Your interest in contacting her is the most important. Hope it goes well.

Off to drink the last half of that "stuff". Just amazing.

Will try and drop by later on this morning.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi all & Happy Friday!

Welcome to all the new faces around here.

Sarah~I hope everything goes well for you today big hugs for you! & Amazing job on the <3<3 !

Tess~ here's hoping the Capitals beat Vegas... :)

Kathryn~Awesome news finding out you have a sister out there!! Good luck with getting to know each other.

Dawn~just wanted to say hi :)

So I have been really struggling with my weight loss, seems no matter what I do I am not losing a darn thing. I go up on the weekend & back down during the week. I am going to try walking my pups for 30 min over the weekend providing it doesn't rain because my little Mocha hates the rain he thinks he's going to melt or something...lol

I have also decided to go against the dietitian's advice and start doing a 45 min walk in the mornings (have not ran since I hurt my knee in the beginning of April) & hoping by strengthening my knee by walking I will be running again by fall. Dietitian suggested if I do this I need to increase my calorie consumption by at least 200 calories more than what I burn, as my burn will most likely go back to being around at least 1200+ ish/day again. Since I took her advice & stopped my mornings I keep gaining or maintaining my weight...quite the opposite of what I want to do at this very moment! My blood work all came back good, so there is nothing wrong with me to slowdown/halt my wl.

New Plan for June - as of Monday June 4th: up at 5:00 am, make lunches, on treadmill (or out walking the dogs) by 5:45 hoping to get about a 30-45 (45 if on treadmill so I can start catching up on my shows again) min walk, Lunch walk at 11 am, (my usual 6.5 km), 15 min walk to meet BF at Jeep, then a 30 min walk with dogs in the evening (weather permitting because heaven forbid Mocha melts...hahaha :D . I am going to weigh, monitor calories in & calories out & KM everyday for the whole month on my spreadsheet to see if this helps at all. Fingers crossed!!

I will be posting my progress (hopefully) here as well & maybe follow Lana & post my weight at the bottom starting Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

**Waving to all who follows**

~Saltine~ >:)
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hey all... just stopping by quickly...I am having a fundraiser with Scentsy in honor of Gpa. I am wanting to purchase a Memorial plaque for him and the money will help with funding for Research for PSP (brain disease) ... you can order online and have it delivered straight to your door. Thank you for your support..

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755

CurePSP.org
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All~~
    Welcome to Bufger!

Sara - I'm thinking of you~~

Kathryn - Wow on the new sister! I hope that this turns out to be a good thing for both of you. That's funny about her saying you look younger than she is. Do you have any other brothers or sisters?

Waving to Dawn and Saltine and Tess and Missy and Izenzo and Tracy and Kyu and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Saltine - waves to you! Sounds like you have a great plan! I need your motivation! Hope your knee holds up and you are running, soon.

Sara - Scentsy in bathroom is perfect idea! Huge help! Hehe hope your procedure went well

Lana - tomorrow is a new day! You know what you are doing, you know how to change it, you'll get there!

Kathryn - my what exciting news! Hope you get to connect with your sister and this is the start of a great new relationship!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

My reward for having my procedure doubled in $$ after last night..... so that on my to do list. Lady who drove me got a turkey wrap for me that I am eating for dinner. Chocolate chip cookies for dessert!!! Need to hear from lab results but dr is thinking 5 years before next one.

Supposed to be a HOT weekend - thinking of making strong coffee and putting into ice cubes and serve with milk. My herbal coffee tastes best room temp or cold so another idea.

Rethinking my game plan for eating- smaller dinners and larger lunches and maybe some casseroles..... I know I smashed my casserole dish, but I can always look for good recipes while I wait.

Saltine, do you work and walk at lunch?? If I tried to walk that long for lunch I would be too tempted not to go back..... (I would not be alone in that idea I am sure).

Lady who drove me to apt wants me to knit her a stuffed snake to keep the drafts out of their main doorway. Mine became a dog toy, so you never know. Need to spend some time in my box and see what yarn I have that is the same type.

Lana - we need to shake up our eating habits - one at a time- I am chosing to eat smaller dinners - what is your first habit to change??

essay time - sorry

p98duupomfvz.png

wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - wow... never thought of freezing coffee and putting in milk...hmmm.. I've been wanting to have ice coffee, but hadn't yet... this is a good idea.. Turkey wrap sounds yummy! 5 years sounds good to wait for next procedure... waiting for results is the hardest, but sounds as tho Dr is thinking positive... I've struggled with having smaller dinners...I try to at least eat smaller portions... enjoy those chocolate chip cookies!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    While trying to decide how to compose an email this morning to my "new" sister, she reached out to me on facebook messenger. we have been chatting on and off almost all day. The similarities are almost freakish. So many parallels in our lives.

Lana - i have 2 older sisters, and a younger brother living. i lost my older brother last year to cancer and my baby brother in 2002 to a plane crash.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn - that is so great! A girl at work connected with a few siblings she had never met (same mother, different fathers. Father's had the kids) she said, she and 1 brother are best friends already. It's amazing, having never met, and it can almost be as if you've always known each other. Sounds like you may have the start to such a story!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning, Dog up and fed.

Back to sleep - that exam process is exhausting. Re thinking some of my meals for this next week. Decided on Sweet potato/black bean and cheese burritos as one set of meals to make. Oatmeal is back in the picture. Rest is a little up in the air today. I can always make fried rice. I missed National Donuts day - ph well maybe next year.....

Dog is going to groomer, it is supposed to be really hot today/tomorrow, so she will enjoy being pampered.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »

Lana - i have 2 older sisters, and a younger brother living. i lost my older brother last year to cancer and my baby brother in 2002 to a plane crash.

Kathryn - I apologize for being a foggy-memory person. I get easily confused about people's family details. Now I remember last year.
    I should keep little notes about everyone, but then I'd lose the notes.
    Big hugs~~
    Lana