Serial Starters

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Sara, the Caps have to win one more game to win the Stanley Cup - and they have three games left in the series to do it. Next game is Thursday in Vegas. It’s a must-win for Vegas so it will be a tough game. Caps have never won a Cup - have never been this close. DC is red with Caps fever!

Bufger, very inspiring! I’m impressed by your energy that early in the morning.

Lana, so glad your eye situation is not as dire as you feared. Thinking of you and hope you will be soon on the waves with the C-boys.

Go Caps! Waves to all.

Tess

My husband says Caps in 5, he has been saying that since before the series started LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Good morning All~~

I am going on the cruise today.

Eye doctor at Big Eye Hospital says at the moment there is no tear or detachment. But my understanding is that once these significant symptoms start, there is a 60-90 period where tears or detachment can/will happen? My memory is horrid, and I was nervous, so today I'm not clear on it.

He told me what the symptoms of tears or detachment look like, and, if anything happens the first half of the cruise, I will bail out on Saturday in Puerto Rico and fly home. Otherwise I'll be back on Wednesday the 13th and will see him on Thursday the 14th.

Waving to Tracy and Sara and Snowflake and Missy and Carol and Kathryn and Tess and Dawn and Saltine and Bufger and Eryn and Izenzo and anyone else who stops by later on.

Lana

238.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

Hopefully you get to enjoy your whole cruise!
  • izenzo
    izenzo Posts: 57 Member
    edited June 2018
    Happy Tuesday

Got in a workout with trainer yesterday. Did my 30 min swim today. So I am off to a good start this week. My trainer has me texting my food diary weekly, so it's helping me stay accountable.

Today, I got a free burger from Red Robin (teacher special). They will do it on lettuce as a wedgie burger . Did you know that when you sub out fries for steamed broccoli that you can get refills on the broccoli? Plus, no salt is added to those. Win-win for me .

The veggie garden is settling in well. If I could figure out how to put pics here in thread from my phone, I'd show you.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Saltine -butt scooting is usually a sign of full anal glands - I take mine to the vet to have it done because of her past history. NOT having it done can lead to some infections and that would be a larger vet bill, so you can pay them now or you can pay them later.......
  • izenzo
    izenzo Posts: 57 Member
    Saltine- I give my dogs baby carrots a couple of times a week to help them. It's a healthy treat and it helps with keeping the glands from getting blocked.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    izenzo - I have tried to get my dog to eat baby carrots with no luck, but if that helps - great preventative medicine.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    [/quote]

My husband says Caps in 5, he has been saying that since before the series started LOL
    [/quote]

Snowflake, from your husband’s mouth to the hockey god’s ear! Say “thanks” for me. :)

Tess
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited June 2018
    Oh....I did it... that kitten Done button...grr...

Saltine - might be best to take pups to vet... whether glands or worms... glands can rupture and cause way more issues..

Sara - thanks for all the recipes..

Lana - hope you can enjoy your trip and don't have to come home early..

Tess - GO CAPS!

Decided to walk again today. Was warm but not unbearable. Tomorrow is iffy, supposed to be 90° we shall see... trying to work off all those bad snacks over the weekend...

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755

Try this again...
  • arniedog74
    Almost hit Done, again... it really needs to be in a different location...
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited June 2018
    Today was a first at work - usually on Tuesdays we have to go to satellite for sync meeting. Graphic designer & I meet the IT guys at the office and take a work vehicle. One guy didn't show up on time so we were waiting on him. Or so I thought. Turns out they left without us. Not even a call or text. Ended up riding down with supervisor in his private vehicle (because he wouldn't let me get out of all my meetings). Told us later that one of them did say " are we forgetting something?" on their trip down. No one in the entire office will EVER let them live this down! Especially not me!!!! :D
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Day off for appointments. Will call pcp, eyes are just too dry with water pill.....

Company I work for is having a "create the company's new T - shirt" contest - winner gets 100 free T shirts and the company may purchase the logo..... I have an idea but no microsoft word on my computer at home. May need to enlist help of someone who can "make it pretty".

Lana - hope your ship sailed with you on it. Details when you can.

Dog is up and I am back to sleep- breakfast later. Did not sleep too well.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Good Morning, I am at work trying to get caught up on my message boards before going out to try to do some sales which is so far out of my comfort level it's not even funny! I told them when I was hired I was not a salesperson, but they don't seem to be listening.
  • arniedog74
    Decided not to walk, today. 80° before 8:00am.... ugh...

We have had the craziest morning... crazy! I can not stress this enough...DO NOT put dog flea and tick preventative on a cat...I think this one will be ok... but, they're not all so lucky...we also have a puppy with Parvo... hopin they caught it in time and it will be ok... such a scary thing... pretty much, every other pet that came in, got IV or Cath fluids... which that much is not normal... then, our last client (owner) fell... think she is ok, but worried cuz of meds, so had to call ambulance...blah... what a morning!

Lana - hope you got to sail away!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Between appointments,

Made 5 hearts while hair was being colored. Gave 2 to the stylists.

Pcp office just called, if its long term make an apt.....

Dawn, Wowie -thank god for your Vet office. Some days I crawl home and I can imagine today will be the same for you. I happen to know they put warnings on dog flea meds not to use for cats.....I was warned if my dog got parvo the previous owner would pound me when she let me adopt Miss T. Ugly little disease. See how you can reward yourself after a long day....

Snowflake -maybe your boss sees something in you, you dont. I actually did well in sales and I didnt think I would either. Give yourself a good chance before you decide you cant.

Lunch awaits and dog walk afterwards.
  • Snowflake1968
    Thanks for the vote of confidence @Tilliesmommy1 - I went out and did my first "cold call". Effective July 1st in Canada, federal legislation is changing to make canabis legal. Provinces have to get their legislation in place to have licensed dispensaries. My co-worker's spouse is a medical marijuana user and they have been following this closely. Yesterday he told me that a company that is just opening here in our province received the highest number of licences to operate that any one company can receive. I went to this location's head office today to try to meet someone. They are still under construction. However, there were four guys walking around that looked in the know. I introduced myself and was able to exchange business cards with the vice president!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    Hi All

Eye is holding up so far. Cruise is ok.

I don’t care for cruising alone, but like being out on the water.

Eating is under control. I walked 3 miles yesterday and 2.5 so far today. Ship is huge!

I hope the Caps Do well.

I also hope everyone’s fur babies are ok and Saltine gets pup to vet (or groomer?).

Ship has well-stocked library. I almost never read books—cool

Big hugs to all—-

Lana

(Have not yet been to fitness center to look for scale
  • arniedog74
    Sara - thankfully, the afternoon was much better. Still exhausted! I rewarded myself the wrong way. I didn't even think about it, I just did it. I have been wanting to try Snickers with Hazelnut... no need to say more...

Lana - glad eye isn't bad. Enjoy your cruise.... getting steps in... that's what counts!

Snowflake - good for you! Exchanging cards with VP is great! Good luck to you!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    Dawn, I didnt know there is/was a Snickers with hazelnuts..... that could be dangerous information.

Lana!! Yay! keep up the good work walking. Reading is a good way to exercise rarely used brain cells and wind down at the end of the day - I was thinking of you earlier today - can you persuade a cabana boy to come home and be your boy/toy and not next husband?? Tomorrow is a great day to find that scale.

I fell asleep early tonight, so I will pull up a book and see how long I stay awake.

Next hockey game is tomorrow night, will keep an eye on the computer to update me.

Wishing all a good night.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hoping all had a good day! It was a busy one but I've been doing well.

I'll check in again tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Dog needed out early am and I tweaked my shoulder blade muscle - hot water bottle has helped.

Work area needs to be completely emptied (except in drawers) tonight before going home, new wires for computers are in ceiling - ????? and how stupid is that? Progress my foot. So I figure another hour not working..... teeth cleaning so leaving early anyway. Will lurk from work from my dysfunctional work area.

Wave to all who follow.