Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Serial Starters

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Tess- thank you! Good to see you! Hope the rain clears up, soon...

Sara - bet Miss T feels so good with her new do....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,375 Member
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog otherwise brain fog.

Will buy turkey and spinach to make wraps for dinner or lunch this week. Package of tortillas is too large to put into any bags I have and I dont think they will last that long in fridge..... so doing some damage control. Lot of tortillas this week, but it just is. Next week will not have any, so it works out.

Tess - you must be in sports heaven. Vegas having a hockey team seems as odd as San Jose having one. So I will get out the pom poms and cheer on your team.

Dog gets more hugs after her grooming and I get these " are you through yet?" looks. No I am not.

Sleep will find me again. BBL.
  • arniedog74
    edited June 2018
    Some big news from my small town. I really don't do sports, but the first ever sanctioned Bare Knuckle fight took place last night in Wyoming. The guy that won was from the town I live in, here at the lake. I don't really know the family, I know of them. Everyone knows a Shewmaker, that kind of family. SO actually went to school with the guy. 18 second fight... knockout heard round the world.... one way to put this little town on the map
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,950 Member

Sara - that's funny about the looks from Tillie!

Dawn - I'm glad your little town is on the map, but I'm not sure I want to know about bare knuckle fighting, being I'm more of a classical music, pinky lifted with teacup sort of girl (well, with some Led Zeppelin, The Dead, and Alice In Chains thrown in).

My pre-cruise Do List keeps getting longer. I go Tuesday, and I wanted Monday as a chill-down day in between.

I know that somewhere in that Carnival fitness center there is going to be a scale, and I'm going to find it and weigh myself every day. This cruise is not about letting go of everything. It's about enjoying being out on the ocean, getting more into my meditation, and putting on hold the problems with my semi-ex-husband.

BTW, being that DH is in Las Vegas, I'll be cheering for Tess's team. Go Capitals! (Do I have that right?) LOL

Lana

237.8 today, pushing it downward
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    Okay chicken not turkey, full fat greek yogurt has too much sugar so I left that alone. Sliced up 2 boxes of strawberries froze one. Bought pasta that has extra protein added. May as well try it.

Will get pattern for snake I am knitting (it is a toy but I used them to stop the drafts under my doors) for a friend copied so I dont have to lug book around.

It is already 75 they say 99 - phew on that, so my errands /chores will be done before lunch.

Dawn - there could be worse things that put your town on the map.

Tess - I hear it is 500 to 1 odds for Vegas.......

Lana - you posted as I was writing. Cruise sounds like just the thing for you right now. Those ships are big enough you can walk some serious steps. Problems with semi-ex-husband should always be put on hold, but that may not be realistic.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning all!

Meal plans my for the week will begin today. I'm off work tomorrow, so prep will be then. Hoping to get back on track. Probably fast most of today. My body is telling me I need a break. I'm craving lots of water. Does anyone else dream of getting a five gallon water bottle with a long straw made of flexible tubing so you don't have to get up for more water? Just me? Ok.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Rain, rain, rain. Hopefully this will be the last day for awhile. At least the temps have cooled.

YES! Caps win last night and much rejoicing in the streets of DC. We’re up 2 games to 1 in the best-of-7 series. Thanks for the support, Sara, Lana and others. We can use all the support we can get.

Dawn, that’s cool about the fighter from your town! I grew up in a small town and our claim to fame was the local Cool Whip factory. Not exactly front-page headlines....

Twiley, hmmmm....hadn’t had that particular dream but totally get the thirst for water!

Off to pick up this week’s fruit and veggies from the CSA. Let’s see what we can find....

BBL,

Tess
  • tlsb2016
    Update - this week’s CSA selections: blueberries, rhibarb, yellow beans, baby lettuce, beets and radishes. It’s still early in the season and the selection gets better each week. Maybe I’ll get brave enough to try turnips sometime....

Tess
  • arniedog74
    Tess - Cool Whip would be front page for me! CSA selection sounds yummy!

Lana - enjoy your cruise! Hopefully, your brain let's you relax...

Sara - try to stay cool! Good thing Miss T got a summer cut...
  • tlsb2016
    Lana, have a great time on the cruise! Don’t wear those C-boys on the ship too much! Hope it gives you the peace you need.

Tess
  • arniedog74
    Today was not a good food day...I knew what I was doing... just wanted junk... blah... starting again, tomorrow...I can blame it on nerves, depression... yes, that's a big part of it..I also could have stopped myself... chocolate and sugar won today...

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Hi all. Had a relaxing weekend, out with friends on Friday but didn't go crazy on the alcohol - the sangria was amazing though! Went to the gym Saturday and Sunday really early and had a nap or two in the sun. Decided to eat at maintenance calories for the weekend and back on it today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY :p

Another week looms, Lana is off on a ship for some relaxation so we know what she is doing - but

QOTD: What are you doing to make this a better week health-wise?

AOTD: Have apple/ banana and with heat will drink even more water. Small dinner. Another hot (as opposed to HOT in July) day so no overdoing it walking wise until after work....

Lana - we want details when you get back if posting is not possible. Safe trip tomorrow to get to ship.

Scale is down a little. So activity and less snacking will be my mantra.

Cavs 3-2 - Tess I hope you are not too hungover for Monday morning!! >:)

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday morning.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,950 Member

What is with my luck?
    I am having symptoms in my left eye that could be a detached or torn retina. My eye doctor doesn't have office hours on Mondays. I will try to get seen at Manhattan Eye Ear Hospital either before or after my 10:30am doctor appointment.

I probably will have to skip the cruise to get the eye fixed. *Kitten!*

BBL

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    AOTD: Will be headed out to the health food store shortly (Manic Monday 20% off). Then to the grocery. Meal prep is the afternoon plan.

Looks like the only day for the gym this week will be Wednesday.

Lana-healing thoughts and beams for your eye. Hoping you won't miss the cruise.

Waving to all!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,779 Member
    what is AOTD?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Answer Of The Day
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,908 Member
    izenzo wrote: »
    Haven't posted in a few days. I have been doing 'summer cleaning' and getting my veggie garden up and running. Plus putting up small fence to keep my big dogs out of it.

In between, I've started my swims again. Hit the pool 3 times this week to do laps. I love having swim headphones as I swim longer without realizing it while enjoying the music. Downside is, you can't sing along or you might drown

We definitely need a LOL button! I have just started swimming lessons and learning how to swim. My goal is to be able to swim laps. My problem right now is not breathing properly. I am going to have to look into these headphones for when I can do it!
  • carolc1955
    carolc1955 Posts: 14 Member
    I don't do WW but have in the past (about 40 years ago). I am restarting MFP for the Umpteenth time today and am determined to succeed this time.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    great weekend. only downside was it didn't last long enough! 3 out of 4 kids showed up at the house (with friends) all at the same time - happy coincidence! ended up with impromptu cookout and gab session. was almost like the old days when they were all at home and all their friends would come and stay for the weekend!

Friday, I made 10 dozen giant chocolate chip cookies for a Jeep Club Meet & Greet on Saturday. (did not eat any because I was so sick of making them!) I tried to stay within my limits while there, but did indulge in some special banana/lemon pudding dessert but I didn't go crazy. (yay me!) Tried to get more walking/activity in too. I think I OD'd on watermelon though - 1.5 whole watermelons in 2 days! Luckily, its mostly water and not high in calories.

Have been texting/messaging back and forth with "new" sister every day. My brother too. She will be in Indy in July while bringing her son to dive camp. My brother has a conference in Chicago around same time. He plans to extend his trip and rent a car so we can all meet together in Indy.

Lana - hope that eye business is done and over with before the cruise. would not want you to have to miss it!

Dawn - that is a great thing you're doing to in memory of your grandpa. keep at it with eating right. you've done it before so you know you can do it again! keep drinking your water! ;)

Sara - the sweet potato, black bean burritos sounds intriguing. do you use taco seasoning stuff as usual or something different with the sweet potato?

AOTD - keeping up with water intake and trying to fit in more activity/exercise/walking whenever I can.

Waving to everyone who drops by!!

*snapping fingers for Cboy to bring a round of no-cal drinks & foot massages for everyone*