Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was tough but worked out well.

I had to get up early to prepare for a scary meeting at 10.30. Preparing for it was tough because I was rather time pressured, and additionally I had my boss winding me up, micro-managing and continually reminding me to 'keep it simple' (which was irritating as I was in the process of simplifying it and he was getting in the way of me getting on with it...). He's very stressed about the problem we are trying to sort out at the moment and I think he is under lots of pressure in the new organisation. Which he deals with not by actually help me to solve the problem, but by micro-managing and trying to get me to do things his way (when I know far more about my area than he does).

Anyway - the meeting went well! I know this because when we got out he only had one minor criticism to make. ;)

But, I was absolutely exhausted. I didn't think I had slept badly the night before, but I must have done - or maybe I was just exhausted from several days of working under extreme stress - as I felt terrible, just exhausted. I could feel my brain not working properly. And when I feel that tired I also get really hungry with massive cravings for carbs and fat.

But, I dealt with it.

Whilst ideally I would have got back on with the problem after the meeting, I worked on something else instead to give myself a break. And I spent time planning and prioritising things I need to get done before my holiday, which made me feel much more in control. AND - and this is the best bit - I pretty much stuck to my food plan and didn't give in to the tired hunger cravings. I had a slightly larger and more stodgy meals than planned, but other than that I just told myself that extra food wasn't actually going to make me feel better. Which is a huge improvement from other occasions.

Then in the evening I flopped, so there aren't many smileys for the things I planned to do to then. But I overall I'm pleased with how I handled it!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :neutral: Didn't log saucisson (see below)
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: As above
    - Be in the green :/ Due to larger meals
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :/ Boyfriend have me some saucisson whilst preparing dinner. It was only small but I think it's quite calorie dense
    - Savour every bite :/ Cravings led to food wolfing yesterday really!
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smiley:
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :/ No energy
    - Finish work at 6pm latest :smile:
    - Postal vote form :smile:
    - Do some French OR hol planning :/ No energy!
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Leave work by 6.30pm
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 400 in red

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: By not giving into tired hunger cravings

Today's positive thought: I am going to France for Easter weekend a week today!

Sounds like you got the biggest, most important thing out the way!
    I can sense the relief in your post lol!

Well done!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    JFT Thurs

I will...
    - Log accurately
    - Be in the green
    - Drink 6-8 waters
    - Exercise
    - Stay calm, think before i speak and do breathing exercises if things get too much.
    - Repeat positive affirmations

I will not...
    - Binge
    - Feed my feelings
    - Give up

I felt really low yesterday. For no reason in particular which somehow makes it even more worrying.

How do you break the cycle of "Being fat because youre depressed and depressed because youre fat?"
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Hoping family is well, soon! Life's much harder when there's the addition of illness, too.
    That's a great question you asked. I'm in the process of figuring it out... wish that I knew the secret.
    I love that you have on your list to stay calm, think b/4 speaking & do breathing exercises, if needed.
    Please remember that you are outnumbered and dealing with sickness. That takes a lot out of ya, I'm sure.
    Just having 2 kids took tons out of me... don't know if I could have managed more.

I love that photo of your dog and your little one on the couch. So cute!

@aubyshortcake i'm not computer savvy at all, so not sure if I can figure out how to post a pictures of my dogs or not. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow. Your Siberian Husky is absolutely gorgeous... and that was so funny about your pit bull. She did look like a sleepyhead. Lol.

4/10/19 Wed.
    Weight: 151.6 lbs. Yay!
    Water 4 8oz. glasses - :) Drank 5!
    Stay in green :)
    Work in exercise :(
    Bed by midnight :(

jft 4/11/19 Thurs.
    Weight:
    Water-at least 4 8oz. glasses
    Stay in green
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys , hope you have a better day today!

@Bex953172 , I remember those days with sick children, they are the worst! Last child now though, you'll soon be done with this nasty bug.

JFT 10th April

Log everything yes, although had to guess one meal which I didn't prepare
    Stay in the green YES!
    Visit parents yes
    Clean bathroom yes
    Laundry no, still have a leak under the sink, so not finished with the mopping up towels
    Do something in garden yes

Positive thought - in the evening I was very tempted to eat one of my son's chocolate bars, but I told myself No. I am focussed on getting the extra weight off my joints.

I managed 2 short periods pottering in the garden, and a short walk with family in the evening, it was a beautiful day.
    Unfortunately, it was a bit too much and I won't be able to walk today with my friend, so a tea visit only.

JFT 11th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Shopping
    Friend's visit, only positive chat!
    Fill in doctor's online forms
    Pay the bill I forgot about!
    Back stretches
    Plan evening meal

• GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Achieved goals yesterday. JFT I will stay below calorie goal, spend at least 20 mins on exercise bike, log everything and get outside if only for a few minutes.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Barre class
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. One healthy evening snack
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi all! New to the group but I love this. I hope you don’t mind. :)

Quick intro- I’m a 43 year old Mom/Wife/realtor in Richmond,VA, USA and I’ve been reclaiming my health for 3.5 months now. Down about 15 lbs and feeling so much better. Anyway, JFT:

30 minutes of swimming
    30 minutes of yoga
    Stay within calories at Quarterly work Luncheon
    Practice Mindful eating (no devices at table-no pressurized ordering at the lunch)

• Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm new to this thread but hoping it will help me out.

Goals for 04/11/2019:
    -Stay under on carbs
    -Stay under on calories
    -Get at least a 15 minute workout in after work and before therapy
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, and welcome new people! I'm not feeling too well this morning so I'm going to keep this short, I hope everyone has a great day!

Positive thought for today: Even though I've been downing at work I still have managed to get a lot done without staying too late.

Yesterday 4/10:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😁
    5. Cook dinner😁
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😁
    7. Stay positive😑 kind of

JFT 4/11:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Work out after work
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
    7. Stay positive
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Book from principal. Put pushpins in bag. Print "Summarizing Fiction" and UDHR.
    3. Class 1-2: Fix grammar from yesterday. Practice summarizing - I tell a story, then they write it. Share with group.
    4. Planning: A - Finish late work. B - Enter all grades. C - Call parents? D - Discussion responses; download articles for essay.
    5. Class 4: Review setting, plot, conflict, rising action, crisis, climax, falling action. Sample test.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Park run - aim for 3.5 miles, <50 min. Log Thursday food. Prep Thursday lunch. Chop celery.
    8. Gratitude journal. Hang poster. Fold and put laundry away. QUIZ.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Fallout. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00. Update first directions.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Plug in devices. Put pushpins in bag.
    3. Class 1-2: Put poetry books back in work room. Return work. Summarization practice.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Log Friday food. Finish grading research. B - Cover class (head there by 12:05). Enter all research. C - Update unit plans. D - Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Find Kahoots on rhetoric.
    5. Class 4: Read "Two Kinds" and write flipped POV story - NO DIALOGUE. Kahoot for logical fallacies / persuasive strategies.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. BodyPump 5:30. Fold laundry. Update grocery list.
    8. Draft essay. Blog post. Read 6 pages Capital and 10 Fallout. Lang8 post?
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Check weather to plan run. Take cord for phone to school. Take headphones.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Husband made flatbread last night and I ate two of them. They were so good! And there was cheese in the bread and the bread was WARM and the cheese was melty... *sigh* So, yeah. Weight still going up. :(

Positive thought: I did my run this morning!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I don't see where I posted my JFT- Wednesday. Here is my recap. Then onto preparing for today.

JFT ~Wednesday (4/10)
    Morning Affirmations
    Plan for the day-events/meals: Dinner w/ mom & ab-doer
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    At daybreak~ Walk 20min
    9:00am Breakfast (Eggs/Oats)
    9:30am Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    Track
    10am Shower -Bath.
    10:40am Leave
    Park & Walk to/from mom's~ knees not ready for second walk.
    12:00am Shake
    3:00pm Snack
    Ab-doer
    5:45pm Dinner w/Mom
    8:00pm- Survivor

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face
    Eat dinner at the table
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside +5m
    April challenge. Say something positive: Even though I'm tired, sore, and cold; I'm not going to stop. I might slow, but not stop. I think its about TOM. So I am going to see what a morning hot bath can do to adjust my attitude and my body.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT, 4-10-19

1. Log all my food 😀I was even green!!
    2. Eat a reasonable lunch/dinner 😀
    3. Do something active! Go to the gym, take a walk. Something! 😀Took about a 10 minute walk to the end of my driveway and back (it's a 1/4 mile long, so 1/2 total)
    4. Actually make dinner! 🤣Kinda. I just threw a bagged dinner into a skillet for 8 minutes and viola la! Dinner. Lol
    5. Discuss laptop options with Matt 😀😀
    6. Watch the first Pens playoff game 😀😡 They lost in overtime because of a bad call.
    7. Order laptop at 12:01 😀😁 It's all bought and paid for! I got the extended warranty too! I'm a total klutz. It'll be here tomorrow!!!

Yesterday was a really good day! I ended up on a video chat with some new but very dear friends of mine for like 3 hours! Lol. It was great! It started out as a group chat with 5 of us but eventually just got down to just two of us. It was a lot of fun.

Now I'm sitting in my parents living room waiting for them to wake up. That's not creepy, right? Lol. I do this every once in a while. BUT I did put a pot of coffee on. So it kinda balances out. I didn't tell them about the training/orientation I'm going to on Monday!

Anyway, not much to do today. Just a few errands. But here's my list!

JFT, 4-11-19

1. Log all my food
    2. Go to the gym(probably too cold for a walk)
    3. Put food in the Crock-Pot
    4. Call the doctor in the afternoon
    5. Bank
    6. Walmart
    7. Do something writing related (write, edit, something!!)
    8. Dishes right after dinner!!

Okay. That's it for today. Have a great day!!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Thursday (4/11)
    Morning Affirmations
    Plan for the day-events/meals: Dinner at home, start thinking about Saturday's meals for travel to/fro 3hr trip w/ mom ]
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Track
    9:00am Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    9:15am Breakfast (Eggs/Oats)
    9:30am Shower
    10:15am Leave
    10:30am Appt at bank
    Park downtown & walk slowly for long period of time.
    Work
    12:00pm Shake
    3:00pm Snack
    5:45pm Dinner w/hubby (planned & pre-plated)
    Make a batch of No Bake Fakes/Protein Bars. _ "licking bowl" = after dinner snack, count it!!
    Share recipe.
    Find & share 4 ingredient ice cream recipe
    Find & share "whipped" chocolate treat

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face
    Eat dinner at the table
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive:
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Log food
    2. Lots of waters
    3. Tea, NO coffee
    4. Ease back into things
    5. Empty dish washer
    6. Cook dinner at home
    7. Reasonable lunch
    8. Bed by 9:30
    9. Clean out fridge
    10. Update this list later
    11. Start grocery list

JFT Fri AM
    1. Fish Oil
    2. Bring trash to dumpster
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot about my positve thought! Lol

April Challenge- Yesterday I got an email inviting me to sign up for a new hire orientation/training session and was able to buy my new laptop!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday

- Go to the gym :(Even after I told myself to stop being a defeatist I still didn't go. I even woke up a few minutes before my alarm. Really no excuse.
    - Work by 8:00 :neutral:8:02
    - Work on molding 122 :)It didn't work, but I worked on it
    - Walk at lunch :(Had a protein bar at my desk.
    - Walk to audits :) Almost 2 miles
    - Leave by 5:00 :(6:30, but I was very productive
    - Start laundry :(Laundry time was replaced with going to buy my oldest a new phone. Hers was really old and was not working well. BUT i did finished drying and folding/hanging a load that I did the night before.
    - Clean floors down stairs :(Same as laundry. No time.
    - Meet oldest to get her a new phone (damn they are expensive) :)Damn they are expensive, but she ended up with an iPhone XR, she didn't feel the need to get the more expensive XS thankfully.
    - Cereal for dinner :)It's really all I had the energy for. Kids and husband ate out. I'm happy with my choice.
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Set clothes out for gym :smiley:
    - bed by 10:30 :smiley:

Yesterday was a good day. No excessive snacking. Productive day at work. Calories in the green.

JFT Thursday

- Gym :(Nope didn't sleep well. 3 hours of sleep does not do well at the gym. I've tried it.
    - Shower & actually do hair and makeup :)People at work barely recognize me.

- Protein bar for breakfast
    - Work on molder, finish up LECO calcs, Issue an analytical report for a customer complaint, Review new/old ISO standard for impact on the lab.
    - Probably just have a protein bar for lunch as I need to leave work early today and have a lot to do.
    - Shrink appt. I despise these, but it's a necessary evil.
    - Not binge on the car ride to/from shrink.
    - Dinner with the family -1. Sierra has piano
    - Laundry
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 10:30

Positive thought: My family is close knit and for the most part happy.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    @cory17 We've all been there. Don't give up on yourself because the you aren't where you what to be. Take steps, even small ones to get there. Never forget that you are worthy of happiness.

@Bex953172 Sick kids suck. I hope the virus doesn't run through the whole family!

As to the cycle of I'm fat because I'm depressed and I'm depressed because I'm fat, I have no real answer, but I can tell you what has worked for me in the past. First of all I had to have a goal and a deadline. Like I'm going to the beach in August and will have to wear a bathing suit. I guess fear played a role in this too. I tried just working on diet, but I'm not good at that. I restrict and binge. If I exercise, I crave healthier foods and have an easier time being realistic with my food. The problem is actually exercising. I'm embarrassed by my weight, and many of the activities I used to do and loved I stay away from because I don't want to be seen by my "fit friends". Now I know that when I was fit, I was happy yo see my friends that were just starting out at the gym because I knew how hard it was. I often remind myself of this. What worked for me at first was anonymity. Silly, but I always workout with a ball cap. I feel less exposed. So I was going to a different gym and running different routes. Most importantly for me, I had a virtual workout buddy. I was accountable to someone. That really kept me going.

That all being said right now I'm struggling. Maybe I need a new workout buddy. If you want to give it a go I'm game. Hope that made sense I'm a little spazzy today.

@bookmeister86 Glad you meeting went well and very impressed by how well you handled the stress and exhaustion. Great job!

@korina75 & @Scorpio8402 Welcome

@HEGoddard0928 You rocked yesterday. So glad to see you more positive. Fabulous news about the job!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday April 10 Determined
    2L of water. -👿
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 👿
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 👿

JFT - Thursday April 11 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Had the training yesterday and met the supervisor I will have on Election Day. It’s going to be a long day and I need to come up with a bunch of snacks to take as we don’t have breaks to leave to get a meal at all. I report in at 8am and am scheduled until around 9pm but may be asked to stay to count ballots. At least it will be using my brain for a day.

Today I am going to Kaitlyn’s to meet the photographer to discuss plans for the photos. Then Kaitlyn and I are going over her list of things still to do before the wedding.

I applied for another job last night and need to look this morning to see if there is anything else to apply for.

Positive Thought - I need to stay positive and remind myself that the right job is out there for me and it will all work out the way it’s meant.

I bought some gum yesterday, I’m thinking if I start chewing it in the evening it will help me avoid snacking. We’ll see how it goes, I should have tried it last night.