Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    The boy is in surgery. The anaesthetist asked me if I was in the medical field because apparently I was super calm as they were putting him to sleep. I just figured talking to him would be the best thing to keep him happy. Waiting now, hopefully not for long.

You were in the room when they were putting him to sleep!?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    And we're out again. Bit groggy but enjoying his toast!

Good to hear!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I'm trying out a version of IF where I eat "brunch" at 10:30-11ish, and then dinner later. This is kind of how I naturally eat on the weekends, and it works well for me. Waiting til 12 to eat though (when lunch time is) is killer.

The beakfast burrito lady just came by. I wasn't really in the mood for one. Not even all that hungry, and able to patiently wait until it's time to eat. So I declined. Plus last time they were no better then what I can make at home. And they went straight through me.. (TMI I know.) Well now the whole office smells like breakfast burrito, and my brain is going "hey. hungry now. feed me." I would have been fine if the whole office didnt smell delicious! :lol:

You have a breakfast burrito lady? That's a cool office! I have to go to the cafeteria in the basement of the hospital or the canteen on the second floor of my building (next door to the hospital) to get real food.

Yeah. There are a few ladies in town that make burritos and such at home, and then load up thier car and hit up the office complexes around town. Otherwise we're stuck with what fast food joints are in the neighborhood.

I suppose I should have had the burrito though. Because the hungries struck HARD. I had my lunch early, then a larabar, then had two bowls of cereal when I went home to let my dogs out before I FINALLY felt like I wasn't going to start chewing my desk. Made the day just above maintenance. Not sure if it was because my first meal was short on protien, or if I waited too long for breakfast and activated the hunger monster. Normally 10:30am isn't a problem. Stupid hungries, lol.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I'm trying out a version of IF where I eat "brunch" at 10:30-11ish, and then dinner later. This is kind of how I naturally eat on the weekends, and it works well for me. Waiting til 12 to eat though (when lunch time is) is killer.

The beakfast burrito lady just came by. I wasn't really in the mood for one. Not even all that hungry, and able to patiently wait until it's time to eat. So I declined. Plus last time they were no better then what I can make at home. And they went straight through me.. (TMI I know.) Well now the whole office smells like breakfast burrito, and my brain is going "hey. hungry now. feed me." I would have been fine if the whole office didnt smell delicious! :lol:

You have a breakfast burrito lady? That's a cool office! I have to go to the cafeteria in the basement of the hospital or the canteen on the second floor of my building (next door to the hospital) to get real food.

Yeah. There are a few ladies in town that make burritos and such at home, and then load up thier car and hit up the office complexes around town. Otherwise we're stuck with what fast food joints are in the neighborhood.

I suppose I should have had the burrito though. Because the hungries struck HARD. I had my lunch early, then a larabar, then had two bowls of cereal when I went home to let my dogs out before I FINALLY felt like I wasn't going to start chewing my desk. Made the day just above maintenance. Not sure if it was because my first meal was short on protien, or if I waited too long for breakfast and activated the hunger monster. Normally 10:30am isn't a problem. Stupid hungries, lol.

I would love to have a food truck... That is actually a dream of mine.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

They really took off in my town after the last oil crash. What kind of food would you want to do?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    The boy is in surgery. The anaesthetist asked me if I was in the medical field because apparently I was super calm as they were putting him to sleep. I just figured talking to him would be the best thing to keep him happy. Waiting now, hopefully not for long.

Just for the initial gas through the face mask (he wouldn't stay still). I left before the actual needle, that's the policy. Plus I hated seeing him in that weird induced sleep.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options

They really took off in my town after the last oil crash. What kind of food would you want to do?

Southern comfort food, so not healthy at all!!! I have a girlfriend that I discuss this with all the time. We have even made dry runs of recipes and how to make them portable. Our truck would be named "ADDIE'S" IDK, maybe Addie's home cooking... She and I both have a daughter named Addie and we didn't know each other at the time.... Just a nice, southern sweet name.

We have even considered getting a trailer instead of a truck and doing the festival circuit.

*drool*. There are soo many ways you could go with this. I would say collard greens are healthy, but they are traditionally drenched in butter or bacon fat, lol. I looooove me some southern comfort food. (I like to claim I'm "half Texan" since that's where my dad grew up, lol!). Plus married to a southern coast guard baby. Who makes a MEAN batch of biscuits and gravy.. And now I want biscuits and gravy. :lol:
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Just for the initial gas through the face mask (he wouldn't stay still). I left before the actual needle, that's the policy. Plus I hated seeing him in that weird induced sleep.

Here nobody goes into the OR except the patients, ever, unless it is for a c section
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Here nobody goes into the OR except the patients, ever, unless it is for a c section

I didn't go in the OR, they gave a little room to the side where they do the anaesthetics. I remember when I had my operation a few years ago being super disappointed I didn't see the OR because I was asleep before I went in!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Probably TMI but I finally remembered to book up having my IUD taken out, it expires 4th May, and my 30th Birthday is the 5th so I’ve booked it for the week after. I actually can’t wait to have this *kitten* yanked out. The cramps are ridiculous and I haven’t seen an actual period for the whole time that I have had it in so I have no idea when they should be. My facial skin is a mess and I could compete with Danny on who has the fullest beard.
    Saying that I’m hoping those problems go away when it’s out because otherwise I have bigger issues than I realise...

Hopefully it's just the BC. I'm willing to bet that it is. It does crazy things to us! I was on one that knocked my libido into the dirt, one that made me a cry baby, and this one I'm emotionally stable, but I have acne like it's my teens. Blegh.

Happy early birthday then, right?!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    We would have pintos with corn bread. I have made the potato things that is kind of like a loaded potato croquette, but I would have to come up with a better, southern name. We would have cobblers... The meat of the day would be what ever was on sale... I am sure fried chicken or fried pork chops would be a regular. According to my husband, I make the best fried chicken ever. Her Addie likes my chicken better than her moms.... Fried green tomatoes when in season - the list is endless!!

I had turnip greens with my lunch today. I would want to stay away from as much canned stuff as I could. Anyone can open a can, not everyone can cook

Potato cakes? That is the good southern name...
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I didn't go in the OR, they gave a little room to the side where they do the anaesthetics. I remember when I had my operation a few years ago being super disappointed I didn't see the OR because I was asleep before I went in!

Wow never heard of that either! Maybe more relaxing than under a giant spotlight lol
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Wow never heard of that either! Maybe more relaxing than under a giant spotlight lol

I was put to sleep in a holding area outside the OR when they took my gallbladder out, too. Much more relaxing, but they didn't let anyone come with me. I expect that kids get special treatment, having a parent along.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Me, lately.

qxbnpbpqohrz.png

Pretty much me everyday anymore.

tumblr_p7azelnsWj1txeruoo2_r1_400.gif
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Probably TMI but I finally remembered to book up having my IUD taken out, it expires 4th May, and my 30th Birthday is the 5th so I’ve booked it for the week after. I actually can’t wait to have this *kitten* yanked out. The cramps are ridiculous and I haven’t seen an actual period for the whole time that I have had it in so I have no idea when they should be. My facial skin is a mess and I could compete with Danny on who has the fullest beard.
    Saying that I’m hoping those problems go away when it’s out because otherwise I have bigger issues than I realise...

Hopefully it's just the BC. I'm willing to bet that it is. It does crazy things to us! I was on one that knocked my libido into the dirt, one that made me a cry baby, and this one I'm emotionally stable, but I have acne like it's my teens. Blegh.

Happy early birthday then, right?!

Emotionally I’ve been absolutely fine, but physically I’m a mess. And I know BC doesn’t cause weight gain but I shot up 22lbs the year I had it put in and struggled to lose it the entire time it was in, so I’m trying to be optimistic that it will help with weight loss once it’s out.

Thank you! I’m actually not that upset about the big 3-0
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    (waves to POF)

What on earth made my dad agree to be out of his house to sell it by 5/1??
    Oh, yeah, he's not doing the cleaning...