Do you drink diet soda?

Options

Replies

• asliceofjackie
    asliceofjackie Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    No. If something is wrong with soda, I'd rather skip it altogether than drinking a modified version.

That's sort of like saying that you can't have milk. Because if there's something wrong with it so that we need to make low-fat versions you'd rather stay away all together rather than having the modified version, or any other.

Who said there's anything wrong with the soda? That's not what this is about. It's about having something which is usually jam packed with sugar (and calories) and being able to bring it down a notch so that more people, such as for example diabetics, can have it too.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    No. If something is wrong with soda, I'd rather skip it altogether than drinking a modified version.

But what if I don't like non diet soda (which is true, I've been drinking the other so long I really dislike the taste of regular, it feels too sweet and thick), but like diet?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Yes that doesn't really make sense.

Lots of products have modified versions to suit different tastes or requirements - do you avoid cheese, milk, yogurt, jam, anything that has a low fat or low sugar or any variation version.

I mean, you get flavoured water - should I avoid water because there is something wrong with it that we have to modify it ???
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I don’t. Just personal preference. I drink a lot of sparkling mineral water and occasionally will have regular cola (usually mixed with rum).
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I don’t. Just personal preference. I drink a lot of sparkling mineral water and occasionally will have regular cola (usually mixed with rum).

Now we're talking!
  • chanr427
    chanr427 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do drink diet soda. My favorite is Diet Dr. Pepper, and occasionally I'll drink Coke Zero. It's funny, since I used to prefer regular over diet. Now I'm one of those people who thinks regular sodas taste weird; the only time I'll drink the regular stuff is when my husband and I are sharing a large drink at the movie theater (husband HATES diet soda).
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

I take it you never watched True Grit?
    After all, if it was so bad they had to do a remake, it must have been a rotten movie.

True Grit was originally a book, so clearly those who didn't read the book should have skipped it altogether vs watching a modified version. Duh!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

I take it you never watched True Grit?
    After all, if it was so bad they had to do a remake, it must have been a rotten movie.

True Grit was originally a book, so clearly those who didn't read the book should have skipped it altogether vs watching a modified version. Duh!

Touche!
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    No because I seriously do not like the stuff
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    One or twice a week, yes.
    Mostly diet or 'light' fruit juices.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

That's sort of like saying that you can't have milk. Because if there's something wrong with it so that we need to make low-fat versions you'd rather stay away all together rather than having the modified version, or any other.

Who said there's anything wrong with the soda? That's not what this is about. It's about having something which is usually jam packed with sugar (and calories) and being able to bring it down a notch so that more people, such as for example diabetics, can have it too.

Oh dear, it seems like I sparked a side discussion.

And YES I admit to using low fat milk, but NO I still don't think I will be shifting to diet soda any time soon.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Darrelkun wrote: »
    You shouldn't because of the phosphoric acid in it. But admittedly I do let myself drink one from time to time (I prefer diet Dr. Pepper). Water is so crucial to our health and body's regulation processes that I try my best to fill my cell's needs as often as possible.

... Though the day I look up Crystal Light and its ingredients (and other water flavoring powders) will probably be the day I die. I need some flavor to get my water down hahahaha.

Why the need to avoid the small amount of phosphoric acid in sodas ( it is in all sodas, not just diet versions, as well as in other foods ) ??