Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hello all! I'm 41.....hoping to drop at least 15-20 lbs in 2019. Without having a thyroid, even losing 1 lb makes me happy! Feel free to add me!!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    So my windows are rolled up, and a tween, maybe 12 says to me (comes right up to the glass) and says I look too 1990s. I have a headset with mouth piece. (Partly because I find it hard to hear). I rolled down the window and said, "you don't know if someone has a hearing imparement". His mom, who apparently was one car over had him appologize. Did I over react?

๐Ÿ˜ฎ oh wow! I woulda just smiled and said back โ€œCool! I loved the 90โ€™s!โ€ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I think I was just caught off guard, because of the "proximity" in my personal space. I wasn't outside in the open. It felt invasive. Your answer is probably a better one.

Kids do say the darndest things ๐Ÿ˜ฎ what does a tween know about the 90โ€™s? They probably werenโ€™t even born yet ๐Ÿ˜‚ they were probably just thinking out loud or trying to sound impressive or just get a reaction, donโ€™t take it personally ๐Ÿ˜Š glad the mom made them apologize!
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Made it back to the gym today! Itโ€™s easy to fall off the wagon for sure! Hoping to sleep better tonight. Cheers ladies!
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I got sick last week and fell off my diet and workout routine. I'm finding it very difficult to get back in the workout part this week... :( I just hate the gym!

I've got to come up with a more enjoyable way to exercise on my own.
  • springsweet
    Options
    4dlbkpsm0jml.jpeg
    44 and a half, maintained a healthy weight for 5 years now and feeling fantastic today on my trail run. Age is just a number right?! So get out there, get healthy and do what you want to do, donโ€™t limit yourself ๐Ÿ˜ feel free to add me ๐Ÿ˜Š

This photo is so great, I thought I'd quote it! Good for you!
  • debb430
    debb430 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I will be 46 end of April. Looking to lose 15ish lbs and build muscle along the way! Add me for accountability !
  • gonbskinny
    gonbskinny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey 43 and trying to stay the course again. Desk job got me like WOAH! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜”
    Humor may help me reach my ultimate 50 pound goal. Anyone else? Feel free to add.
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    4dlbkpsm0jml.jpeg
    44 and a half, maintained a healthy weight for 5 years now and feeling fantastic today on my trail run. Age is just a number right?! So get out there, get healthy and do what you want to do, donโ€™t limit yourself ๐Ÿ˜ feel free to add me ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks! It was a fun photo to take ๐Ÿ˜Š I used to live a completely sedentary lifestyle but found that being active is just so much more fun Iโ€™ll never go back to being sedentary again ๐Ÿ˜…
  • springsweet
    Options
    4dlbkpsm0jml.jpeg

Thanks! It was a fun photo to take ๐Ÿ˜Š I used to live a completely sedentary lifestyle but found that being active is just so much more fun Iโ€™ll never go back to being sedentary again ๐Ÿ˜…

That's awesome, and inspiring. :)

I'm curious, what inspired you to make this life change? And what do you do to stay active?

• RunsWithBees
    Options
    4dlbkpsm0jml.jpeg

That's awesome, and inspiring. :)

I'm curious, what inspired you to make this life change? And what do you do to stay active?

Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜
    My health was starting to fail from obesity related diseases so I finally got my act together and took action. If anyone is interested my story is in this post:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10673513/i-lost-20-of-my-body-weight-in-300-days#latest

Iโ€™m a runner. My passion is trail running. I also swim, bike and hike but you can mostly find me out running ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I got sick last week and fell off my diet and workout routine. I'm finding it very difficult to get back in the workout part this week... :( I just hate the gym!

I've got to come up with a more enjoyable way to exercise on my own.

Is there a different gym, or something about the gym you dislike - maybe shop around for a better experience/equipment/options/client base?
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    We made it to Friday!
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    41, Iโ€™ve been on MFP for several years but donโ€™t really use it socially. Beginning to think I need to change that! I have lost 17 pounds, but have plateaud for almost 2 years and really need to lose 15-20 more. Feel free to send me a request!
  • mogrizovic
    mogrizovic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and have to lose 40-50 pounds. Scary but true:) Feel free to add!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,608 Member
    Options
    I am 48....I have been on and off of here since 09..I had a bad habit of giving up and deleting my accounts(I am done with that) I am a keto'er because I had a health scare back in Jan. that landed me in the hospital for 9 days (flu/pneumonia) I come out with type II diabetes and COPD (quit smoking Jan. 2nd cold turkey) :) I have over 100+ lbs. to lose...Anyone is more than welcome to add me ....wishing everybody the very best :)
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey all--I lost all motivation and fell back into bad habits, but I'm trying again. Feel free to add me--I need lots of support and motivation! :)
  • Kahunacrystal74
    Kahunacrystal74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Friday motivation! izcxii8ilqrv.jpeg