Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    2kbhtwv06c4y.jpg

I am particularly fond of the first two. :)

Hmm. I have a stash of Noosa yoghurt that I’m unwilling to share... but i haven’t shaved my legs since before surgery... like where the wild things are over here. And dd said my atrophied leg muscle feels like a titi.

bahaha. Ummm I havent shaved my legs in over a year I think. Mostly due to CBB (cant be bothered), though I have very light fine hair on my legs so most people dont even notice. Whats a titi?

I'm not sure how you got onto shaving, @Elise4270 (did you misread oversharing? or is talking about shaving habits oversharing?), but I gave up shaving years ago along with wearing makeup. It's pointless (unless it brings you pleasure, in which case, you do you) and time-consuming and so there.

I assumed it was an "overshare" which i'm not sure exists here lol.
    I also gave up wearing makeup years ago, am so glad I work in an industry I dont have to. One of my stresses for this upcoming job interview - to makeup or not. I do own a miscara and lipstick for the odd time I want to, so am thinking Ill wear those. I'm being myself.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    2kbhtwv06c4y.jpg

Hmm. I have a stash of Noosa yoghurt that I’m unwilling to share... but i haven’t shaved my legs since before surgery... like where the wild things are over here. And dd said my atrophied leg muscle feels like a titi.

bahaha. Ummm I havent shaved my legs in over a year I think. Mostly due to CBB (cant be bothered), though I have very light fine hair on my legs so most people dont even notice. Whats a titi?

I'm not sure how you got onto shaving, @Elise4270 (did you misread oversharing? or is talking about shaving habits oversharing?), but I gave up shaving years ago along with wearing makeup. It's pointless (unless it brings you pleasure, in which case, you do you) and time-consuming and so there.

I also gave up wearing makeup years ago, am so glad I work in an industry I dont have to. One of my stresses for this upcoming job interview - to makeup or not. I do own a miscara and lipstick for the odd time I want to, so am thinking Ill wear those. I'm being myself.

I don’t do make up either. Remembering to use lotion is about as far as i go. My ears are barely pierced, most earrings won’t fit, so I abandoned that too. I do have a metal allergy (gold, nickel) so earrings just make my ears red. Definitely don’t do dresses either. How is being half neked okay? Ugh. My niece wears the and is not lady like and doesn’t wear undies... and doesn’t care who sees. 🤒
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    2kbhtwv06c4y.jpg

I don’t do make up either. Remembering to use lotion is about as far as i go. My ears are barely pierced, most earrings won’t fit, so I abandoned that too. I do have a metal allergy (gold, nickel) so earrings just make my ears red. Definitely don’t do dresses either. How is being half neked okay? Ugh. My niece wears the and is not lady like and doesn’t wear undies... and doesn’t care who sees. 🤒

Aw, I love dresses (though I usually wear shorts or leggings underneath). To paraphrase the immortal words of JK Rowlings, there's nothing like a healthy breeze 'round the privates!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq yes, I was oversharing my shaving habits. It brings me no pleasure to shave or be shaved. It feels so horrible and irritates my skin.

@Avidkeo ohh my knees have a beard. Not light and barely noticeable here. A “titi” was just an alternate spelling to titty, because I didn’t want mfp to kitten it and make it sound worse than it was. Haha!

@elise4270 - I don't shave either but I get my legs 'sugared' - kind of like waxing but much more natural and it pulls the hair in the direction of growth. Basically now I have just very fine hair on my legs now. When I shaved and or waxed my legs were always red and irritated. The sugaring doesn't do that because it is just sugar...

Also no makeup since I have worked from home for years. I did have some for when I had to travel and interact with clients. Now rarely if ever, I even got my hair cut short so I don't need to fuss much with it either - just let it curl up on its own.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I have to get through a hectic workday, followed by an easy 4 mile run, an evening of figuring out what in the world to pack and hopefully a good night's sleep before heading out to Boston in the morning. @MobyCarp, I am truly sorry for your situation, but if it's any consolation, current forecasts are predicting conditions similar to last year, so if you are going to have to miss one, this might not be a bad year for it. I still haven't figured out what I am going to wear, am full of doubt from my "lighter load" training plan, and still nursing both of my hamstrings along. I guess I will just have to take what comes my way and hope for the best. If anyone besides me enjoys spending their Patriots Day at work stalking Boston marathon participants, my bib number is 20895. I am not making any guarantees on time (see above) but if start time conditions are good, my plan is to shoot for a 3:45. If it's cold, windy and rainy, my goal will be to shoot for crossing the finish line. Wish me luck...

Best of luck @lporter229!

Does anyone know what wave she’s starting in?
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    NCK96 wrote: »
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    So much fun and excitement this morning! I ran two miles with the dogs, and tried not to faceplant when Kira (my 3 year old squirrel chaser) went after the rabbits. :smiley:I'm really glad I used my hands-free leash today!

I tried a hands-free leash with our 95 pound labrador a few years back after a friend recommended one. On one of our runs the dog spotted a lizard and took off chasing it at full speed, dragging me after her. I landed on my tailbone, my head smacked against the sidewalk, and I was lying there on the ground dazed for a second before realizing I was staring up at the sky. Once I figured out I wasn't terribly hurt I had to limp home and nervously kept feeling the back of my shorts to make sure the fabric wasn't ripped and revealing my bruised backside.

Ouch! I'm glad you weren't terribly hurt by that. My 8 year old son was pulled across the street by our lab mix many years ago and got a good case of road rash. Kira is less than half their size at about 40 pounds and luckily I noticed the rabbit and was prepared for her pull. Plus, the leash I use when hands-free is a bungie which seems to help her to NOT pull better than our non-bungie leash.

This weekend the dogs and I walked a couple miles each morning. After breakfast and a nap, I ran 4 miles yesterday morning with my new Wunjo backpack, just to test it out. I stopped once to let out as much air as I could, then it stopped sloshing around with every step and was great. I also tried out a couple adjustments to my form, including leaning forward from my ankles. This resulted in running much faster - and easier. My heart rate was under 140 for the first time ever.... until just shy of a mile when it shot up. I slowed down for a couple seconds then decided to finish that first mile fast anyway, stopped to catch my breath and continued for 3 more miles. I was still running too hard so decided to take walking breaks to keep things a little easier. That first mile Strava shows as my best half mile effort at 4:48, and 1k at 6:01 and a record time on a hill segment (I'm not last anymore!). Garmin showed my fastest mile 10:17 (not sure why Strava didn't agree... still has me at a minute slower).

Today's a rest day. This week I need to focus on slowing down again. Easy runs.

Good luck today @lporter229!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    good luck @lporter229
  • sillyshamrock11
    sillyshamrock11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    @lporter229 at the half 01:50:23! Her bib number is 20895 if anyone else wants to track her. She's doing great!

Oh man hang in there girl!
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    Yay she made it in! Congrats @lporter229 on a fabulous Boston finish!
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @lporter229! It was so fun to track your race and cheer you on from Washington!