JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 74

Replies

• brandyme
    brandyme Posts: 400 Member
    TulaBird wrote: »
    I just started in the middle of round 73 and, although I have lost 4 pounds :) , I find it really hard to stay within 1200 calories. I was over yesterday and today by 540 calories. Yikes. Does it get easier after a few weeks?

1200 cals seems very low, what is your height and weight and how much are you trying to lose per week?
  • TulaBird
    TulaBird Posts: 12 Member
    I am 5'6" and currently at 184. I am trying to lose 2 pounds a week.
  • TulaBird
    TulaBird Posts: 12 Member
    brandyme wrote: »
    I am 5'6" and currently at 184. I am trying to lose 2 pounds a week.

I’m making some assumptions here but I’m thinking you’re a female so I have calculated accordingly. If not please let me know as it does change the caloric need.

At 5’6 184lbs with a goal in the normal range (I picked 140) with a sedentary lifestyle (office job or something without a lot of activity), working out at least 3x a week at 15min a week... your BMR would be 1521. Meaning you would need to eat 1521 calories just to survive and not send your body into “survival mode”. I wouldn’t suggest eating anything less than that even when trying to lose weight.

If I’m off with any of the details (which I likely am) let me know and I can recalculate for you. Feel free to send me a private message if preferred.

Good guesses! Well, that makes perfect sense because I was getting dizzy and even my eyesight was getting wonky. That's why I ate more. I will try that and see how it goes - thanks much!!
  • brandyme
    brandyme Posts: 400 Member
    Good guesses! Well, that makes perfect sense because I was getting dizzy and even my eyesight was getting wonky. That's why I ate more. I will try that and see how it goes - thanks much!!

You’re welcome. There is a bit of flexibility there but I think if you start at 1550 or so you should see steady losses and not feel wiped out. Just keep in mind that as you lose weight your BMR drops and you will need less calories but for now I wouldn’t worry about that just get started with the 1550ish goal. Good luck!