Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• pfurrya
    pfurrya Posts: 1 Member
    I was into dancing, and suddenly I couldn't bend like I used to because there were rolls of fat in the way. :D My double chin made falling asleep on long car journeys (passenger, obv!) more uncomfortable. And all the clothes I'd been happily wearing for over a decade no longer fitted, and it's hell on earth trying to find trousers and jeans that fit my new shape.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    i got stuck in the back seat of the car at my daughter's high school graduation. poor kid was mortified.
  • karlpm
    karlpm Posts: 78 Member
    Whenever I burn popcorn....and then I make another bag...while still eating the previously burnt popcorn. I was like.....whaaaat am I doing! Also hit the age of 33 and decided I want to be one of those middle aged people that still get ID'ed :)

33 isn't middle-aged.

Unfortunately, for many that don't take care of themselves, it is.
  • QueenEygpt
    QueenEygpt Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, I'm new here but not,, meaning I signed up for this app in 2017 and haven't used it until today.... I would love to know how to make friends on here to motivate one another, I have 1 friend but not exactly sure how we became friends, will someone please help me out, Thank you Community Fitness Family... 😉
  • avlucia
    avlucia Posts: 66 Member
    Honestly, I just woke up one day and decided to love my health as much as I loved the rest of me.
  • alliemaeg89
    alliemaeg89 Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2019
    I had started losing weight before I got pregnant with my oldest child, but I had never noticed how much I had gained until I realized my delivery weight was the same as my first weigh in after I decided to start eating healthier. Before that I have no clue how much I weighed because I wouldn't go near a scale. That was my biggest wake up call, to think that at some point I was heavier than I was at 9 months pregnant (edited to add: right before delivery I was 235lbs)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    I am only 17 and bigger than all my classmates. I get made fun of a lot for it, ever since 3rd grade. I am tired of that three letter word written in invisible ink on my head: FAT.

MFP is for 18+ so beware. FatSecret allows users 13 years old or older.
  • fattypatty2486
    fattypatty2486 Posts: 5 Member
    When I stopped wearing scrubs and realized none of my “real” clothes fit anymore. Have to get my life together!
  • ingridkenobi
    ingridkenobi Posts: 5 Member
    My birthday is coming, my boyfriend is planning a weekend getaway at the beach to celebrate it and I want to look awesome : )
  • sarahcordes6
    sarahcordes6 Posts: 3 Member
    I lost 16 pounds last year and gained nearly all of it back since November last year. I don't want to be heavier than my fiance anymore and I want to look good in a bikini again.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    I wanted to wear a size 10 and become a lifetime WW member
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I hate seeing photos of myself. I accept that I am heavier and that it is my own fault, but it never quite hits me how big I am until I see pictures.
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    Joined back in 2017 but never really kept on track. I never had a weight problem growing up so its HARD to accept my new reality. I weigh more now than I did 9 months pregnant. I have to get healthier! My husband just got some bad results back from his latest health screening for work so we're going to try to do better on food. I need to do better on simply moving as a I have a very sedentary desk job.
  • ttugurl
    ttugurl Posts: 23 Member
    I have a trip coming up. Disneyworld with my kids and I want to be prepared to keep up with them. But also, because at a certain weight, I can feel it. Which is around 260, Sure enough old effects started happening again: thirsty, out-of-breath, clothes too tight. Plus this summer, might include some interviews and I want to look my best.
  • sallyfacekiller
    sallyfacekiller Posts: 1 Member
    the realization im goin to college in the fall and the fact that i rarely take photos because i hate how round i look in comparison to all my friends who dress in M-XS clothing