JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's Friday!!!! I cannot wait for the weekend, this week has been rough but just one more work day to get through.

Positive thought: Many of our clients' businesses are closed today which should help my co-worker and I get caught up.

Yesterday 4/18:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😑 More like 5:30
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😁
    6. Work out after work😁

JFT 4/19:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch if it's not storming
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
    6. Cook dinner
    7. Stay positive
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    - eat berries for an afternoon snack :)
    - eat light, folate-rich dinner (salmon and swiss chard) :)
    - take a walk -> I went cycling instead, but I'll count that too :)
    - make at least one more contact list (grr, can't wait to be done with this task) :)
    - dance for a few minutes :)
    Yesterday went great, I felt really full through the day even though I haven't eaten much. I guess increased fibers have reduced hunger.
    I am very happy with the last few days, I am preparing "healthy" dinner every day, I eliminated snacks (except a planned half cup of berries), I make and drink fresh kefir every morning (for probiotics).
    I feel like me again, free from obsessing about next bite of food.

JFT:
    - eat berries for an afternoon snack :)
    - eat light dinner (cod salad and some greens)
    - take a walk
    - reflect on Easter to not make it just about food

I want to work my diet and daily habits up to:
    - less animal protein, more plant protein
    - increase folate-rich foods (chickpeas, lentils, leafy greens) to at least one meal a day
    - minimize dairy to 1 cup of white coffee and a cup of kefir in the morning
    - daily walks
    - bodyweight exercises
    - incorporate again dance moments during the day
    - learn to prepare some veggie based meals
  • daneejela
    Options
    @nlmackey98
    I think you're doing great with showing up!
    I felt the same just about a week ago...What has helped me was a temporary break from planning and just noticing and writing down positive things in the day. After 2,3 days I felt like I am strong enough to put some commitments again in front of me.

@johicks
    It's hard to trust yourself when you fail..but those isolated binges are not failures...it's just the way the process goes..we do well, then we slip, then we do well again before the next slip. But each time we make our good periods longer and longer until we eventually forget the old patterns.

@Faebert
    Woow, that long run sounds awesome! One of my longterm goals is to start running...I have failed in the past, but I am still hoping I'll find a way to make it happen one day.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Taking a page from cschmitz and others to keep track of the weight loss (or gain);
    Height: 5'8"--age 75
    January 1, 2018: 168
    February 1, 2018: 166
    March 1, 2018: 166
    March 15, 2018: 165.5
    Big gap here--not recording my weight on MFP.
    March 1, 2019: 163.6
    March 30, 2019: 163.4
    April 15, 2019: 162.4
    Well, it took six weeks, but I did lose a pound, and have kept it off this week. Lowering my overall calorie goal to 1600 from 1800, and adding elevation to my daily walk, must have done the trick. Grateful for suggestions from
    everyone.
    Goals:
    Exercise-20" :/ Did do some gardening, so I'll count it---thanks, Bex
    Stay in the green :'( over by 400 calories
    Transplant tomatoes :/
    Clean fridge; buy groceries :)
    Decide on Easter baking :)
    Practice one hour :/
    Finish correspondence :)
    Tackle clutter! :'( :
    Walk 6000 steps :)
    Well--after following goals for two weeks, I fell off the wagon last evening. After buying groceries, I made some hot cross buns, and ate two of them, complete with gooey icing, then battled the garbage disposer, for a few hours, instead of tackling clutter. Well, I guess you could say that I was removing "clutter" from the disposer. It's making a horrible noise, so will need to call the repairman.
    Today is the beginning of a new day to follow goals!
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thurs
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish oil :)
    3. Up by 555 >:) 615
    4. Bring trash >:) forgot!
    5. Pack lunch :)
    6. Text Mom :)
    7. Wear makeup >:) not sure why I made this a goal?
    8. Log all food :)
    9. 4 waters job 1 - 2 waters job 2 :)
    10. Eat packed lunch :)
    11. Cook dinner at home - chicken and roast potatoes :)
    12. Be positive and kind :| DH was in a mood - I need to face these with love instead of retreating into myself
    13. Bed by 9:30 :)
    14. Update this list later >:) DH's mood affected my whole evening - need to work on some grounding

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink majority of water this morning
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Be positive and kind
    5. Mini meal plan
    6. Grocery list
    7. Grocery Shop
    8. Book trailer
    9. Be positive and kind
    10. Bed by 10
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Thursday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :) 11,998
    3. walk on at least one work break :)
    4. heavy gardening :) Finally got all soil prepped and peas in the ground!
    5. no social eating at work :( people are putting Easter crap IN MY OFFICE...do not like!
    6. drink 8+ C liquids :) 12
    7. work on medium-term fitness goal setting :(
    8. get to sleep early :neutral: 6ish

Friday:
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. walk on at least one work break
    4. gardening (planting) if weather permits, or go to gym
    5. no social eating at work
    6. drink 8+ C liquids
    7. work on medium-term fitness goal setting
    8. get to sleep early
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    About 400 in the green yesterday. Down 1.2 pounds for the week. No snacking after dinner really paying off. I am going to bed to read earlier as I'm bored at night.
    JFT
    Enjoy a visit with a woman who used to help with our kids in the afternoon while we were at work. She now has a kid in college and a law professor.
    Pre-tracked my day at 1600 calories
    11:00 Aqua aerobics class
    No snacking or wine after dinner.
  • daneejela
    Options
    @Snowflake1968
    Thanks, you are so kind! :) I am 34, not so young anymore, just childish I guess :)
    Yes, PCOS sucks, but to be honest, the only adult experience I have is with it, so I just don't notice it very much. The most challenging part of it was the hair in all weird places. I think I could have been an expert in any field by now for the time spent on dealing with crazy hairs, lol.

@AJB1014
    Sorry to hear that you also struggle with it. I think that coming here and making an effort with healthy habits is a good idea. I've read many success stories from girls around the world that greatly reduced their symptoms by losing a bit of weight or changing the lifestyle.

@Bex953172
    I've just read your post about depression...hang in there! From my experience, isolation is rarely good for anyone's health. I also tend to stay in the house instead of going outside and spending time with people, but every time when I do the opposite I feel so much more alive. Also, I feel that everyday rituals help with general sanity in today's overstimulated world. Which is funny because I have spent most of my young years fighting for the freedom to do whatever I want at the moment. When I came to that freedom I started to like the familiarity of known, of simple everyday habits and routines.
    Now I struggle with my husband who has very wild, 'live in the moment' spirit. :smiley:
  • mizzelegant97
    mizzelegant97 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday April 18 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 5/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal -🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 😩

JFT - Friday April 19 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Yesterday was a fairly decent day at least for everything but food intake. I have thought of a couple of things to do to keep me busy in the evenings after Rodger goes to bed to avoid snacking.

Today we are going to go with Kaitlyn to order the suit for Rodger for the wedding. After that he is picking the kids up and bringing them home while I go Easter shopping with Lauryn.
    I wasn’t going to do anything this year but have decided I will do a couple small things and I’ll have a smaller dinner on Sunday. I am going to talk to both girls today. Lauryn works until 500 but I would like to do something.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 OMG I'm laughing right now because that same conversation could have happened at my house. Definitely a lot in common between us! Happy almost Easter to you and your family!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    So far behind again on reading the posts!! What a active group!
    Posting my goals, again ... just simple things.
    JFt, Friday
    1. fish fry ... only 2 pieces of fish, and count out 10 french fries, and then stop
    2. mindful eating. (Unlike last nite, where I got into the jelly beans!)
    3. walk tonite after dinner
    4. have only 1 orange for snack tonite
    5. get out summer clothes, and put away most of my winter stuff. Even though it is cold today, sunday suppose to be near 80. But crazy weather... so I'll keep both out
    6. positive thought

• mytime6630
    Options
    About 400 in the green yesterday. Down 1.2 pounds for the week. No snacking after dinner really paying off. I am going to bed to read earlier as I'm bored at night.
    JFT

Great job on the weight loss!! I find that nite time snacking is my biggest hurdle. I do great all day long, its the evenings that get me. I try and keep busy, but like last nite, if I am tired, I want to eat. But you are doing great!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Positive thought:

I’ve done 4 loads of laundry and every sock had a match! Go me!

This is a positive thought!! I have a whole trash bag of my daughter socks ... with no matches!! Where do they go!!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter Extended Family of Gorgeous Sisters!!!
    I won't be on this weekend... Will miss you.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Thurs

7. Wear makeup >:) not sure why I made this a goal?

12. Be positive and kind :| DH was in a mood - I need to face these with love instead of retreating into myself
    13. Bed by 9:30 :)
    14. Update this list later >:) DH's mood affected my whole evening - need to work on some grounding

Wearing makeup is a great goal! Even though I work out of my home, everyday I do wear makeup and fix my hair. It just helps me to feel better.
    Isn't is amazing how someone's else's mood can affect our own. Yesterday hubby was in a tired, somewhat depressed mood. He said he was bored (even though we have work to do). I know when I am depressed, nothing sounds like fun to do. I kept suggesting we go out for a walk, or run to the mall, or even go to the hardware store. But all he wanted to do was sit and do nothing. I found myself so down yesterday, and as a result, way overate. And I even woke up feeling good in the morning. Like you, I have to figure out a way not to let someone's else's mood affect my own!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Just a quick update. Matt seems to be feeling better today. Not great but well enough to go back to work tomorrow. He has Sunday and Monday off so if it's too much for him he will have two days of rest. He dropped off some samples for testing yesterday so hopefully that will give us some answers.

I got the email this morning that I am officially hired as a Substitute Paraprofessional. I got my login credentials for the portal where I will be able to get assignments. The 4 districts I can work in are all on Spring Break next week so I have another week off before I can actually start. I am super excited but also incredibly nervous. I am going to meet with my friend who is a full-time Para and pick her brain about what to expect.

I hope everyone is having a really good day. It is simply beautiful here today. 75 degrees with a slight breeze. It's supposed to rain this evening and tomorrow but I'll take the warm weather with rain over the cold weather with sun any day. I love spring and summer storms.

Onto goals,

JFT, 4-19-19

1. Log all food
    2. Make shopping list
    3. Go to Walmart :)
    4. Leftover dishes in sink before dinner :)
    5. Clean kitchenette :)
    6. Get laundry together for tomorrow
    7. Actually make dinner!
    8. Dishes after dinner!
    9. Night routine!
    10. Bed before midnight
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

@PackerFanInGB i keep meaning to tell you, them pot towels are AMAZING! At first i wondered if they were actually going to protect my hands because i normally fold a teatowel over about 3 times. But i didnt feel a thing!!

9w52260clg02.jpg

I'm so glad they work for you! I felt silly for even sending them, because after I told her I sent those along, she said that you have different stoves over there and the pots don't get hot to the touch. I was so embarrassed thinking you must've wondered what the heck I made them for! :smile: Hahaha!