JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @Faebert That is so insane how many calories are in a drink! I wonder if they have a lower calorie version?
  • samsid03
    samsid03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did meet my goals yesterday 😊 I did a session of yoga and strength training

My attitude is much better today and feeling inspired.

April 22
    Track food
    No soda
    Take supplements
    Strength Train

Have a wonderful day everyone 💕
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! The weekend went so fast, I'm not ready to go back to work! 😭

@mytime6630 big hugs to you, I know the day didn't go as you had hoped but I think you did a wonderful job adapting to the situation. Your family is very fortunate to have a positive soul like you 💖💖

Yesterday 4/21:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within 2,000 net calories😞 Literally ate double this lol..
    3. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    4. Have fun😁

JFT 4/22:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Buy groceries
    7. Cook dinner
    8. Pay speeding ticket and look into class I need to take to not get points
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Here is the screen grab of the nutritional info of that iced coffee. I think it’s pre-made and they blend with ice. So no wriggle room- think it has to be filed under ‘not worth it unless I’m actually willing to skip a meal!!’...

zyncdid1dkm9.png
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yesterday’s goals:
    newbie2143 wrote: »
    1. Track all food intake/stay within goal ❎
    2. STAY. AWAY. FROM. EASTER. CHOCOLATE! ✅
    3. Complete day 2 Mindful Meditation course and reflections on day 1✅
    4. Start seedlings indoors and plant cold weather veg outdoors (our 🇨🇦 growing season starts late!) ❎
    5. At least 30 minutes physical activity - hopefully a hike with the family ❎

Well, yesterday did not go as I intended! I did have a full day, but got sidetracked cleaning up my office area and preparing Easter dinner so did not do the seedlings or get a hike in. Next time I will get my goals completed before getting distracted with other chores.... so many things on the list!!! Eating went OK, managed NOT to eat any of the chocolate and am proud of that. Decided to have a glass of wine and dessert with dinner and ended the day 208 calories over. It was a conscious choice so I’m OK with that... on to a new day today.

@Snowflake1968 - I’m in Ontario! Winter just seems to want to hold on here....

@nlmackey98 - I’m new here, but wanted you to know you are definitely not alone! I’m glad you are feeling better. I was truly inspired by your positive thoughts

@mytime6630 - I love digging in the dirt too! I call my gardening time “playing in my grownup sandbox” :smile: Sorry your day didn’t go as planned yesterday... and thank you for a good reminder for me to call my mom back when she calls!

I so enjoy everyone’s positive thoughts... I am going to try doing the same. It doesn’t come easy to me, so clearly its something I should work on. Positive thought for today: I slept a little better last night using the techniques I am learning in my mindful meditation course.

Today’s goals:
    1. Track all food intake/stay within calorie goal
    2. At least 30 minutes physical activity
    3. Complete day 3 Mindful Meditation course and reflections on day 2
    4. Start seedlings indoors and plant cold weather veg outdoors
    5. Prep food for the week

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Write intro & conclusion for essay. Submit.
    3. Review therapy exercises. Write a blog post.
    4. Park run: 6.5 miles. Draft week 3 discussion post. Send email about absence to DK; send email about meeting to MS. Update class websites.
    5. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

JFT Monday
    1. AM walk. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Oncology checkup. Read 10 pages of Cross-Training. Get meds from dentist. Groceries from Aldi.
    3. Grade 10 research essays.
    4. Lang8 post. Draft essay.
    5. Park: Intervals/walk.
    6. Prep, pack, & log lunch for Tuesday. Update first directions.
    7. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:05 AM

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. The writing is bothering me. I feel like I ought to be able to do more than I'm doing. (That's kind of an ongoing thing, it seems.) I won't have internet access while I'm waiting at the dr's office BUT hopefully I'll be able to at least draft my discussion post. Which I meant to do yesterday. *sigh*
    Positive thought: It's pretty out today. I'm going to go for a walk before heading for my checkup. Coloring party is tomorrow!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    PS - @Faebert there's ALWAYS wiggle room. Could you go with a friend and split one? Or ... hm. If you've got a nice blender, you could have half right away and then freeze the other half and then blend it.

Gosh, what if you go through all that work, though, and you DON'T like it? ;D Man, I'd be ticked! :lol:
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends! Hope you all had a nice weekend with family! It sure went by fast!

I had a second makeup trial for the wedding on Friday and I'm SO thrilled I tried someone else after I was unsure of the first one. I felt beautiful, but still felt like myself. The first makeup artist used a very yellow foundation to hide my redness - but I felt unlike myself, since I'm very rosy all over and always have been. This new makeup artist let a bit of my red peek thru and used a less yellow foundation so it was more natural looking while still giving some coverage. She also did my hair which turned out amazing - more than I had even hoped for! I'm so excited!

I fell off this weekend with setting goals here; I worked Saturday at the pool store, and Sunday my mom came over and helped me spring clean and do a little Easter dinner. So I definitely got my steps in and was very active although I ate without logging. But...back to it today!

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Start waters NOW
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home - pizza with kale salad
    5. Pick up drain auger and light bulbs on lunch break
    6. Bank to deposit check on lunch break
    7. Make cold brew
    8. Freeze extra ham
    9. Hard boil eggs
    10. Bed by 9:30
    11. Read/Update this list later
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I pray for you and your family. Mental illness is a *kitten*. I'm luck in that I have been able to hold down a job and am not usually in the extremes. Though I will say that the people at work are not surprised to see me cry.
    I hope that you know that your daughters tears are not because of you. If anything she seems to find peace at your house, even though her activities there are not what you'd like. Everyone is different, but it can be hard when you feel crushed inside to go outside, to travel to see those you love, sometimes even to be seen. She does these things to be with you. Let yourself know how much that means. She loves you, she can count on you and she feels safe with you.

@Faebert - You are such an positive example. What do you do for a living? How old are your kids? When my kids were young I mostly stayed home with them. I taught fitness classes at the local YMCA (they had free child watch), and I taught a basic math course at the local community college when the kids were in PreK. I was in really good shape. I went back to work full time and for the first year fitness was a real priority and I trained excessively. My husband picked up a lot of slack that year. After that, I just became worn down. Now I just can't seem to find a balance. I know what to do, I just can't seem to find the mental fortitude to do it.

@clicketykeys - Have you already done the Momma Mia audition? If not good luck!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. walk on at least one work break
    4. go to gym
    5. no social eating at work
    6. drink 8+ C liquids
    7. get to sleep early

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    JFT: April 22, 2019
    Stay in the green
    Exercise--15" or 20" walk
    6000 steps or more
    Practice piano/organ--one hour
    Transplant tomatoes (been on the to-do list for a week)
    Clean kitchen
    Mail two cards
    Write bills
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday April 21 - DETERMINED
    2L of water -🙂
    Calories in green - 🙂🙂🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂🙂🙂
    Plank Challenge - 😒
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 5/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂🙂🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 🙂

JFT - Monday April 22 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had a great day yesterday, Kaitlyn and Brodey showed up around noon and they started building the archway she will be walking through to walk down the aisle. I spent most of the afternoon outside with them and the Grands when they arrived. I had walked over a mile without even realizing it! I moved for pretty much 6 hours straight yesterday without sitting down once. It was awesome!

I had dinner ready for 530 because I thought that was when Lauryn was done work, but I was mistaken and she wasn’t here until 630, no one complained and I had been able to keep it all warm. The Grands loved their Easter presents, Jonah didn’t say a lot about his hoodie, but I knew he loved it because as soon as his Dad walked in the door he jumped up to put it on to show him even pointing out the coloured buttons. Actions speak louder than words.

The only thing that upset me yesterday was as soon as he was done his dinner, without saying a word he got up from the table and went to the bedroom to watch Game of Thrones. I don’t know why he couldn’t have dessert with us or sit and visit. As I’m typing this though I realized his Father used to do the same thing, so I guess it’s how he was raised. It still ticks me off though.

Today I am going to start studying my links for the job and maybe start a couple of projects for Kaitlyns wedding. I will have a few to do. They are back out here tomorrow to work on some more too.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    Mytime6630 - I hope you hear from your son soon. It is worrisome when we don’t hear from them no matter how old they are.

Maryrobinson40- I just love the two quotes you shared.

Zizzybumble - that must have been a sight to see!

Daneejela - those are some wise words. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is one little thing at a time that seems to make a big difference.

Nlmackey98 - I have to say, like everyone else, you aren’t failing because you haven’t given up. You keep fighting not only for your weight loss but more importantly for your health and to be there for you family. I hope the new meds help you. I love your memories, I took a trip down memory lane yesterday too. Your day yesterday sounds heavenly, we’ll except for laundry that is.

Faebert - when you cut sugar out? What do you cut? Do you cut bread too or just sweet treats and sugar?

Awhit4842 - hope you had a lovely vacation.

Littleblackskirt - it’s insane the amount of stuff people collect isn’t it?

Newbie2143 - we are having a very unusual spring here, there has been no snow for a few weeks and it’s been relatively warm. We are supposed to get snow next week again and we’ve been known to get it into the end of May.

Korina75- sounds like you will have a tough day, keep battling on!

AJB1014 - so happy you found the right makeup artist. Feeling beautiful is important on your wedding day.
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for being part of this JFT community. It's has been helping me make better decisions and helps me feel satisfied with my choices and progress (so slow though). Last night I went into the kitchen for a snack and realized I was just tired after the full weekend and went to bed! If I hadn't been posting my daily goals who knows what would have happened!??? That was a Non Scale Victory (NSV)!

JFT 4/22/19
    Pre track day for 1600
    Play tennis at 10:30
    Spend time on changing bad habits by reading and reflecting
    No wine or snacking after dinner
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Aw @snowflake1968 I love all the pics of the grands! Re sugar, I restrict starch a bit as most of my carb intake is fruit and veggies, but I’m not banning bread. Just chocolate, sweets, cakes, biscuits (cookies) and pastries etc. Just can’t really fit them in most days and stay on track as I find I’m better with volume. Weekends I can have the odd indulgence if I’m careful in the week.

@clicketykeys - you’re probably right. There will be a way to try that coffee but I might wait a while for a special occasion - maybe breaking up for summer holidays?! Then I’d probably have the whole thing to myself with no care given! 😉

@nlmackey98 - thank you. I’m a primary school teacher and work full time. I’m also a single parent and my girls are 8 and 10. I do have some help with them in the day but life is pretty full on! I mostly get by on a combination of little sleep and stubbornness! I have worked so hard since my ex husband left - went back to uni for a second degree, career change, finding a real love of fitness. I’m determined not to go back to where I was.

@AJB1014 - how exciting! You must be delighted to have hair and makeup sorted now.

@mytime6630 - any news on your son? X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sunday 21 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :) I've been shopping today so it was achievable!
    Fitbit excercise goals :) just
    January challenge :) made an extra effort today as the previous days had not been good. I have a Fitbit with heart rate tracking and it looks as if water makes a big difference to the resting heart rate ...
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge :) I tried to make the most of the last day of the Easter holiday with a combination of getting tasks done and relaxing activities and feel I succeeded.

I've had good Easter break but it's back to work tomorrow but only for 4 days!! My word for the year is METHODICAL and I will make it count for the next 4 days of work.

Edited to add: Sorry for any confusion, I've clicked on Sunday's post and updated it rather than today's but my goals were the same for Sunday and Monday