JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 Lovely gown. I really like the color.

@bookmeister86 well now, looky you! Absolutely fantastic and you are beaming in the victory pic! Yea for You!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    Well I found the dress and ended up buying it today. It wasn’t at a bridal shop so no ordering in. It was the first one I tried on. I tried a few more but had to come back for this. It was $50.00 off today too.fm5bd1zpoefq.jpeg

Absolutely stunning .... and you look great in it!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Just made me smile...

mmlw3wygg7ql.jpeg
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT 3-17-19

1. Actually log my food!!! :smiley:
    2. Church!!! :neutral:Matt had a migraine and I wanted to sleep. Lol
    4. Bring back trash can :smile: Really annoying because I have to tie it to my trunk latch and drag it down the 1/4 mile dirtroad full of potholes.
    6. Gym(or something!) :smiley:Does about 90 minutes of cleaning and 4 trips to my parents house worth of walking count?
    7. Laundry :smiley:Done. I'm going to fold it tomorrow
    8. Figure out bills :smiley:Done.
    9. Scan documents for Insur :neutral:Add this to tomorrow
    10. Sign up for 401k :smiley:I just have to figure out how to get his address changed through his job for this...which should have been done 6 years ago...
    11. Actually make dinner :smiley:Balsamic chicken in the crock with whole wheat egg noodles
    12. DISHES :wink: Just the crock pot which I may or may not do before I go to bed. Lol
    13. Bed at a decent time! :disappointed:It's already after 10:30 so probably not.

Today was a good day! Got a bunch done. My new desk is fully installed and operational. I am really loving it. The picture didn't do the amount of workspace any justice. I have enough room for a bunch of things. The only thing I need now is a desk lamp for working at night. I got all the laundry done but I still need to fold it. I am going to do that tomorrow. I actually made dinner and we will have leftovers for dinner tomorrow or the day after.

JFT 3-18-19

1. Log all food
    2. Gym/Yoga!
    3. Fold laundry
    4. Scan documents
    5. Call about junking car
    6. Go through old bills
    7. Dinner/Dishes
    8. Write one scene
    9. Lights out by 10:30
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Comments first:
    @Snowflake1968 What a sweet grandkiddo story! Such a cutie! <3 Also, we need to talk about that dress! You look absolutely stunning in it. The color and shape absolutely suit you. :)
    @bookmeister86 CONGRATS!!! You look amazing and totally in your element. Nice work!

So I had a big slip with eating this weekend. I had a planned spurge meal at a friend's baby shower. In retrospect, I should have eaten around it, not knowing what was being served. I ended up not really enjoying the food as much as I had thought I would. So I had my "real" splurge meal for dinner by eating out. Ended up going way overboard. Then today for lunch I thought, it's the weekend, I've been doing so well. Ate out again and had a sugary snack later on too. Managed to pull it around for dinner and SHOCKINGLY stayed within my calorie range for the day. I guess I ended up having a pretty reasonable lunch even with eating out. I have really been beating myself up today for slipping up. In retrospect, it was only two meals and I am sure it won't have a major impact in the long run. It's just hard to see how easy it is to slide into unhealthy eating patterns. I need to be kind and forgive myself. Tomorrow is another day.
    I think another concern is getting stuck on task priorities. This may sound odd but I usually feel better when life is in crisis, for me it quickly clarifies what needs to be done and leaves little room for procrastination. Currently things are pretty stable at home and work, and most of my to do list is pretty low-key. I end up getting stuck in "analysis paralysis" where I don't know what is the "right" thing to do first and either overdo things or end up doing nothing productive. Anyone else struggle with this? I'm great at making to do lists and organizing, but terrible at actually taking action on the task itself. Anyway, just venting here a bit. Thanks as always for *listening*

JFT (3/17)
    drink 80 oz. water βœ…
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups :(
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories βœ… No idea how this happened!
    exercise 30 minutes βœ…
    go to bed between 9-10 :( stayed up a bit late
    track all food/exercise βœ…
    post on JFT βœ…

JFT (3/18)
    be kind to myself
    drink 80 oz. water
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories
    go to bed between 9-10 (obvi not happening)
    track all food/exercise
    post on JFT

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had a good day yesterday - got loads of cleaning and laundry done and feel organised to start the week. Also feeling good now the birthdays and parties are done for the year. But I have agreed to host my School’s end of term party/baby shower for colleague here in a couple of weeks - glutton for punishment! πŸ˜…

I’m pretty sore this morning - probably from the class on Saturday followed by lots of scrubbing yesterday. But I’m hoping I can manage my workout and that it will help. Will modify if need be. Looking ahead I have parent consultation evenings Wednesday and Thursday this week. Hard work teaching and then talking non-stop for 3-4 hours at the end of the day. Need to make sure I stay fuelled and hydrated and get my sleep in this week.

Sunday goals:
    - sleep in (rest day) βœ…
    - Make pancakes for kids βœ…
    - Laundry βœ…
    - Ceramic cafe for some pottery painting βœ…
    - Drop J back home (remember all her sleepover stuff) βœ…
    - House clean βœ…
    - Kids finish homework βœ…
    - Book exercise classes for next week βœ…
    - Early night βœ…

Monday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Take leftover cake and lunchtime shake to work
    - Put away last laundry load
    - Speak to boss re leaving early next week for kid’s concert
    - Print data
    - Safeguarding training
    - Early night

Have a great start to the week everyone! X
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Well I found the dress and ended up buying it today. It wasn’t at a bridal shop so no ordering in. It was the first one I tried on. I tried a few more but had to come back for this. It was $50.00 off today too.fm5bd1zpoefq.jpeg

Stunning! I love it!πŸŒΉπŸ‘πŸ‘
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Just made me smile...

mmlw3wygg7ql.jpeg

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ SOOO TRUE...LMBO
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    xspfzk7lbeew.jpg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 - beautiful dress! Your figure looks fabulous and I love the colour x

@PackerFanInGB - reading back through posts and see I missed your health scare. So pleased it’s nothing too sinister. Hugs to you x

Just finished my workout (yay!) so better go get ready but love to you all x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 that dress is absolutely gorgeous!!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 , what an achievement, well done! Love the huge smiles in your photo (and cute bf btw :) )
    Hope you don't feel too sore today.

@Snowflake1968 , gorgeous dress, you look great! Good luck today.

I did okay over the weekend, did a short walk yesterday (got wet again lol), and didn't overeat.
    So today I feel I need to stop coasting along and make more effort to lose weight. My sons have never been overweight but in the last year my younger son W (the new father) has put on weight. I'm more concerned about his health than I am my own. I know no-one can convince someone else to lose weight, but we've talked about it. He doesn't want to do it, but accepts he should. So I feel I can't talk about it and not do it myself, maybe it will encourage him if he sees me doing it. (And with his height and youth he can eat over double what I can and still lose grrr!)

Son D is here for the day so not sure how the day will pan out. Feeling a bit more optimistic that he will be okay :)

JFT 18th March

Log food
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Clean fridge!
    Do parents errands
    March challenge - walk

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Workout at home tonight
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Meditate
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Finish and submit essay. Contact B and parents. Duo.
    3. Review plans for next 2 weeks. Finalize.
    4. 3.75-mile (20 lap) run at the park. Draft discussion post. Lang8 post. Blog post.
    5. Finish and submit lesson plans.
    6. Chop celery. Pack lunch for Monday. Laundry. Dishes. Read 10 pages of Capital, 5 of Ivanhoe.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9. Alarm set for 5:00. Monday: print balance exercises and stretching exercises. Update Goodreads Friday. Aim for 17 laps on Monday - supposed to be cold and clear in the morning.

JFT Monday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Coffee! Log 1 item. Warm car. Update JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Monday: print balance exercises and stretching exercises. Update class websites. Update WLGs. Offer hugs as students enter/leave.
    3. Class 1-2: RESEARCH. Collect progress reports.
    4. Planning: A - Write discussion post. Call parents about progress reports? B - Call E. Grade late work. C - Input grades. D - Update lesson plans. Poetry for 4th.
    5. Class 4: Socratic Seminar - bonus points if everyone contributes effectively without being pushed. Begin with writing. Collect progress reports.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. PM run - 3 miles. Draft essay. Audition? CLEAN MASTER BATH.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Tuesday - French meeting, writing meeting.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Today is SUCH a Monday. I did get my essays finished and turned in last night, but I'm now behind on grading and on lesson plans. UGH.

@snowflake1968 - You look amazing!
    @jeschepp - Isn't it nice when you can splurge without splurging? ;D You might want to make a note of that restaurant for a place where you can treat yourself in the future without feeling too bad about it!
    @Faebert - Wow. Sounds like you have quite a week planned! Good luck with all of that :)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Yesterday was a bit rough food wise. We spent the day with my mother in law and there were lots of snacks. Unfortunately, my sister in law has decided to end her marriage after a little over a year. I didn't realize she was unhappy so it was a bit of a shock but apparently it's been a long time coming.

She's an amazing person and I love her so much and she's been though a lot, I just want her to be happy so I feel sad this is all happening.

Despite eating well over 1,000 calories over goal, my average for the week is still in the 1400s, so not a total loss I suppose. Today starts a new week, so back to it! Tomorrow night is a taco dinner for my husband's work, so I will need to plan extra carefully!

I hope you all have a wonderful week. πŸ’–πŸ’–

Yesterday 3/17:

1. Stay within calorie goal😭😭
    2. Get minimum 4,000 steps😞 about 1,000 short
    3. Lay out clothes for tomorrow 😁

JFT 3/18:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Stay positive throughout the day
    4. Workout after work
    5. Do one cleaning "to do" to prep for my cousin's arrival this weekend
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @Bex953172 hope you had a great day!
    Way to go @bookmeister86 what an accomplishment!
    @Snowflake1968 Wow! That dress looks custom made for you! Stunning!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT sun
    1. Be present and kind. :)
    2. Hike out back - pack bag :)
    3. Hot tub :)
    4. Log all food :)
    5. Drink waters upon return :|
    6. Mini meal plan :)
    7. Bed by 930 :)
    8. Update this list for tomorrow morning later :)
    9. Shower :)
    10. Set out clothes :)
    11. Pack lunch :)

JFT Mon am
    1. Up at 555 :)
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Fish oil. >:)
    4. Pack lunch bag. :)

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters, now!
    3. Eat packed lunch by 11:30
    4. Cook dinner at home - tandoori chicken
    5. Chem training at 12
    6. Talk to E
    7. Conference call prep
    8. Drink an emergenC
    9. Bed by 930
    10. Update List for tomorrow morning later today
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Good Morning Family πŸ™ŒπŸ’ πŸ˜€
    I'M MAKING THIS MANDISA (the singer) MOUNTAIN MOVING MONDAY!

SHE SINGS.." OVERCOMER"... and other songs that have kept me motivated in my exercise routine.
    I have quite a few things I need to OVERcome. Get it? Get over, not hold on to. Maybe clothing that can be
    donated, maybe saying good bye to something once and for all, maybe getting that special something that
    means a lot to you. OVERcome the fear of going after education, job, an outfit in a shop. Maybe you've
    been putting off making a new recipe, new hair style. Whatever "The Going After or Letting Go" thing
    is, I Can Do It because I am ready to move on/forward. I'M READY TO BREATHE!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 You look outstanding! The cut and color are perfect for you!

@Faebert Have a great week!

@maryrobinson40 I love your post about OVERcoming! It is so true! There are somethings that need to be let go of and somethings that need to be introduced. Thank you for reminding me of that!

@littleblackskirt Isn't it annoying how easy it is for some men to lose weight? My Dad just dropped 40lbs in 3 months by cutting out most carbs. My husband dropped 20lbs in about a month and a half by going back to work. Lucky ducks!

@aubyshortcake I'm so sorry for your SIL. That's terrible. It makes my heart hurt when things like that happen. Well hopefully she can keep that chin up and press forward for Mr. Right!

@AJB1014 Look at all those smiley faces!! Awesome job my dear! Keep up the great work!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,485 Member
    Options
    Had a sickness relapse Sat. & Sunday, finally feeling more like myself this morning. No time to read all 5 pages of posts I'm behind, will read later.

JFT M 3/18
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Leftovers day / prelog / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Update weekly w-i post on JFT
    4) Evening: walk dog ~ roads are mostly clear from ice & snow / refill birdfeeders / scrub/refill heated birdbath / wash dishes / refill shampoo bottle / Sunday sales ads / other to-do's?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20