Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited April 2019
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Start waters NOW :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home - pizza with kale salad :| shouldve made the salad cause I ate too much pizza
    5. Pick up drain auger and light bulbs on lunch break :)
    6. Bank to deposit check on lunch break :)
    7. Make cold brew :)
    8. Freeze extra ham :)
    9. Hard boil eggs :)
    10. Bed by 9:30 :)
    11. Read/Update this list later >:)

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Start waters NOW
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home - leftovers with a salad
    5. NO CANDY AT WORK!
    6. Bed by 9:30
    7. Snake tub
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Sorry i went AWOL!
    Thursday:
    1. Go for a longer walk on my lunch break (30 min)
    2. Stick 2 only 2 coffees today
    3. Don't drink a whole bottle of wine just because its the last day before a long weekend!

Woohoo!

Tuesday:
    1. one small chocolate item for pudding
    2. go for a 20 min run
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Man, what is WRONG with me?! I don't want to do any of the stuff I need to get done today :(
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Hi! New to this thread, love the idea and love seeing everyone logging in with what they've accomplished. Starting today I'll be joining in on the fun!

Goals for today:
    1. keep my calories in the green
    2. drink tons of water (I'd like to go over the recommended 8 cups)
    3. play an hour of racquetball tonight
    4. no buying snacks! (I'm super guilty of buying junky snacks on my lunch breaks)
    5. only eat dinner after work (I'm also guilty of eating a ton when I get home from work, when I wind down from the day)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    JFT - Monday April 22 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - :) 2.25
    Calories in green - :):):) 2 days in a row... Let's go for 3!
    Walk 1 Mile - :) In the house while talking on the phone!
    Plank Challenge - >:) My ribs still aren't up to this. I'm not sure if it's the costochondritis or if its my fall now though.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :) I so wanted another one, I fought with myself for over an hour and won! Also 2 days in a row and aiming for 3
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Tuesday April 23 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Today I have the house to myself! I was up at 8 and haven't really done anything yet. It is a beautiful sunny day and I'm thinking once I do some studying for the financial management job I want I will go for a walk. I was going to go yesterday as it was so nice, but the wind was terrible! I should do some cleaning today, but if I don't get that done until tomorrow I am ok with that.

I have been trying to come up with a couple of other projects to work on. These keep me busy and my brain active, but so far I haven't come up with anything that I have everything I need in the house. I should get my pay for the election this week, so I will maybe buy myself a couple of things with that.

I talked to my best friend last night for over an hour. Her Brother in Law is in the hospital, his liver and kidneys have shut down from alcoholism. His wife left him last summer in the hopes that it would be a wake up call for him. It was, but it seems the damage was already too severe. He is only 55. It's times like this I wish I was closer.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    @Layfayettenana - I'm not sure why it won't find your name to highlight for me. I wanted to say that I agree with you, if it wasn't for posting my goals daily and having to come back on here the next day to say how I did, I probably would have gained all of my weight back this winter. Instead I have basically maintained. I have had a few up, but have gotten it back down. I just updated my excel sheet and my average weight from January 1st is 176, I was at 177 when I was done work in December.

@ZizzyBumble - The data we get from trackers and such is such a motivator isn't it? I really need to invest in one when I get back to work. I developed an allergy to my Fitbit I had, so I need to do some research on the bands available.

@korina75 - New you handled the day well yesterday. I hope that today is much better for you.

@avlucia - I used to weigh weekly and then found myself checking all week too. I finally decided to weigh daily and joined the 10 Day Challenge, @nlmackey98 this might be the same one you just started, I started tracking my daily weight in an excel sheet. This has helped me not obsess over the scale. I found that before I stopped working I was losing close to a pound each 10 days, some a little less some a little more. I take measurements on the 1st of every month and found some months when I didn't lose a lot, I lost inches. It all balanced out. Right now I am stuck and have been since January, but I think now that I have the house to myself some, the weather is nicer and the wedding is getting closer, I will be getting back at it harder.

@nlmackey98 - I get the feeling from your posts that you are an all or nothing type of person. If you aren't killing yourself to meet your goals you want to give up and do nothing. I may be wrong, and by all means correct me if I am but I just wanted to tell you that I was that person too. The first two times I lost weight I worked out for an hour a day, without fail! Then I missed a day and gave up for 2-3 days, would do it again for a bit and something would happen so I would miss my workout. Before I knew it, I had missed so many days that I just gave up. Last year when I decided for the 3rd time to lose the same weight I forced myself not to go into it with that all or nothing attitude. I purposely missed days and overate some days with the sole intention of not giving up. It seems to have worked. This Winter would have had me gaining all of my weight back if this was previous years of loss, so although the weight loss is much slower I feel it is sustainable, and achievable no matter what life throws at me. I really think this group has helped me tremendously as with acknowledging that. I think those dishtowels would appeal to a lot of people. I may try to make some things to start selling soon.

@Faebert - have a great first day back after your break.

@bookmeister86 - It seems like you have learned some discipline and control too without feeling deprived. Good for you! When do you leave for your Chile trip?

@Elbee1 - That is awesome that you found a doctor you like. They are hard to come by. Yay for no cholesterol meds! My best friend just told me last week that she has been put on them. I think it's because she's following a Keto diet.

@daneejela - Cleaning closets is a lot of work. I need to do that as well. It's not fun. I am looking forward to getting the new bed in the spare room though, it has drawers in it so I should be able to store winter clothes and some bedding in there that will help with some clutter in our closet.

@newbie2143 - Didn't you say you were in Ontario? Isn't it early for planting? We don't plant anything here until after May long weekend. I see some neighbours out working in their beds getting them ready though. It is an insanely warm Spring here, but we also had our first snow in September so I think we deserve it.

@clicketykeys - Do you think that the upcoming oncologist visit has been playing on your mind and that is why you are struggling some? I don't really have answers of course, but sure wish I did to help you out.

@aubyshortcake - 15 calories in the red I would call a win too! Good job for not eating when you wanted to.

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 4/23

Forgot to post this morning, trying to survive the spring market (realtor).

Intuitive eating practice today.
    Log all food after
    drink water before snacks and with meals
    Exercise 30 minutes
    8000 steps

I'll pop back in tonight and check in with everyone. We are having wonderful weather here in Virginia today too, looks like lots of others are too!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    Man, what is WRONG with me?! I don't want to do any of the stuff I need to get done today :(

Youll feel better if you do them thouuuuugh!

You have the opportunity here to get a real good sense of achievement! Doing the things you REALLY dont want to is hard, so when you do them youll feel more proud o yourself that you did them!!
    From your list, pick the one thing that you dont want to do most, the one youd avoid all day, the "worst" one.... and do that one.
    The rest will seem easier then!

Or do what i do and sod it off LOL!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    Thought id just say i am about still, goal setting is on hold again, fitting flooring from dining room into the lounge into the entrance hall!
    So just busy atm!
    But i do come and read all your posts!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    thk5dwxkrane.jpg[imgjpg
  • maryrobinson40
    tnts21600xd7.jpg
    0cmk37bb9nws.jpg
    fcrhc1wqf86l.jpg
    wbgz7byexr26.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    jzizpsiqf65z.jpg
    My Sisters and their Easter Swag
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Not going to have time to post tomorrow morning so posting tonight...

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :neutral: On my fourth now, should be done by the morning
    - No alcohol :/ Had a couple of G&Ts at the theatre. I'm not sure why I planned on not having any really, they fit within my calories
    - Exercise DVD :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :/ Not dinner, that was very rushed pre theatre.
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral: Didn't have too many other than the gin which I didn't talk back to
    - Give myself credit! :neutral: Hard to remember to do this...
    - Stay positive :smile:

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :/ My French podcast made me sleepy so I had a nap instead...
    - 3+ of French book, article, podcast, Duolingo :smile: 2 done, will do the other before bed
    - Book French exam :neutral: Grr, I tried to but the website wouldn't work and they didn't answered the phone. Will have to transfer this one
    - Finish work at 6.30pm :smile:
    - Health check :smiley:
    - Gratitude journal :neutral: Will do this before bed
    - Lights off by 11 :neutral: Will be a bit later now I think but hopefully not too much

Tomorrow's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Go for run

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- Enrol French exam
    - 3+ of French book, article, podcast, Duolingo
    - Finish work by 7pm
    - Washing
    - Sort out airport transfer
    - Holiday actions
    - Gratitude journal
    - Game of Thrones
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 30 in green

Today's positive thought: I'm really lucky that there is a theatre five minutes walk from my flat which has awesome shows.

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I will exercise mindful moderation tomorrow: By sticking to my plan, including choosing a healthy option and not giving into late afternoon office snacking

• lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Sort of late in the day to check in. Physically I am a little wrecked today after 2 1/2 hour tennis match yesterday. It was fun and we won - always nice. At the end I was hurting and told my young partner that she had to do all the running. Thankfully she did and was a great sport about it. My fitbit gave me 1100 extra calories of exercise - very suspect of those numbers.
    In the evening I got some sad (but expected news) and did some emotional eating. Perhaps my fitbit malfunctioned on purpose as it knew about the news coming. Miraculously I was still in the green yesterday after I tracked everything this morning.

JFT 4/23/29
    Pre Track to 1600
    Not going to the gym today will do vacuuming/housecleaning to get some steps in
    No wine or snacks after dinner

@Snowflake1968 Thank you for taking time to comment. I'm new to all this and still confused about how to easily respond to individuals. I try to like or hug to let people know I'm reading there posts. I love how this is a non-judgmental and supportive community.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Start waters NOW
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home - leftovers with a salad
    5. NO CANDY AT WORK!
    6. Bed by 9:30
    7. Snake tub
    8. Empty/fill dishwasher
    9. Shower

Weds Am
    1. HB eggs for breakfast
    2. Fish oil
    3. Wake up on first waking! 555
    4. Get to work by 7am
    5. Pack lunch and snack
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 23 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg >:)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge >:)
    April challenge :) I did my excercise rather than said it's too late/I've not got time[/quote

I was very busy with work and forgot to drink water. I've got lots to do tomorrow so need to remember my word - methodical!

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    asclepsia wrote: »
    JFT: April 23, 2019
    Stay in the green :)
    (hanging in there at 162.4 for about a week)
    Exercise--15" or 20" walk :)
    6000 steps or more :)
    Practice piano/organ--one hour--more like three hours, as I am playing for a Lutheran church on Sunday.
    Transplant tomatoes (been on the to-do list for a week) :) Yea!
    Clean kitchen :)
    Mail two cards :)
    Write bills--not yet; will do tonight if I'm not too tired.
  • maryrobinson40
    7ywdpn85w447.jpg
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 24 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge

Today's going to be busy and I really need to get started. I am hoping a quick walk will energise me because I'd rather go back to sleep.