JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• avlucia
    avlucia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't look at the frick fracking scale!

I've become a little obsessed where every time I'm in the bathroom I want to weigh in again, which honestly kind of ruins the experience for me to see how I've done at the end of the week with just one weekly weigh in.
  • Tiggeroo2321
    Tiggeroo2321 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So today I had a great walk with four of my five daughters! My oldest can put down some miles y'all!

However, my 10 year old loves loves to bake and today she tried her hand at Amish White Bread. It was GREAT! So there went my calorie uptick, that and soda-which is a habit I'm working on!

I was still under thanks to exercise, but my IF had a rough time of it. :) So tomorrow we're going for a better IF regime and more walking! Here's to hoping I don't have a stress fracture in my foot!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Monday

- Work by 8:00 - :|yes, but in a ball cap with no makeup and hair not fixed.
    - Limit to 3-4 small pieces of candy (already hit that) 😀 I had it before leaving for work and thought for sure I’d grab more later, but I didn’t. Yay me!
    - Lunch under 300 calories 😀 protein bar.
    - Don't let work over whelm me, this is tough right now. :| It was hard to concentrate and the task took longer than it should, but I got it done.
    - Go pick up my daughter's dress for semi-formal from the tailor. (Overpriced for what was done, but I can't sew. 😀 Great afternoon with my daughter.
    - Not lay down on the couch when I get home from work/errands and just lie about. 😀
    - Go for a hilly hike AND / OR clean small upstairs bathroom. Including wipe down of the walls. 😀 went for a 5.4mile walk with hills 1:20. It’s been a while since I was active. It felt really good.
    - Dinner under 600 calories 🙃 Over, but that limit was set without planned exercise.
    - Stay under 1500 net calories, 1200 isn't realistic right now without exercise. 😀 even room for a small bowl of homemade ice cream.
    - Not fall asleep watching TV, go to bed in my bed. 😀

I joined a 10 day weigh on challenge to “force my head out of the sand”. A combination of that and my posted goal to go for a hike got me out of the house tonight. I was running out of daylight so I run about 3/4 of the last mile.

It feels good to see so many 😃.

JFT Tuesday
    Shower/hair/makeup
    Work by 8:00
    Breakfast <300 cal
    Maximum 4 small pieces of Easter candy
    Stay “present” at work
    Lunch <300 cal
    10,000 steps
    Reasonable dinner
    Stay green
    One snack after dinner
    Bed by 11:00

Positive Thought; I feel like I’m moving in the right direction. Thanks for all the love y’all.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    JFT
    Goals: April 22
    Exercise-20" :)
    Stay in the green :) thanks to 6000 steps and 20' exercise
    Transplant tomatoes :)
    Clean kitchen :)
    Walk 6000 steps :)
    Practice one hour: :'(
    Today is the beginning of a new day! It's sunny here this morning--great day to be outside!
    Have a great day!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 23 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Super quick post because it’s first day back to work and of course in running late!! Yesterday was good. As well as my list I did a huge batch cook of stuff for the kids so the freezer is now replenished. A good run this morning and feeling set for the new term.

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Finish laundry and vacuum downstairs✅
    - Kids to finish homework ✅
    - P playdate ✅
    - Buy present for O bday party ❎
    - Book exercise classes for the week ✅
    - pick up ceramics ✅
    - Pack schoolbags etc✅
    - Check after-school club booking arrangements✅
    - Bed by 9:30 ❎ v nearly!

Tuesday goals:
    - finish batch cooking - portion for freezing ✅
    - morning run ✅
    - pack snacks for work ✅
    - call conveyancing solicitor
    - message D re school payment
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - leave by 5
    - 7pm after-school club booking opens
    - fold and put away laundry
    - bed by 9:30

Have a great day all! X
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Mixed weekend - whilst I was mindful and declined various food opportunities over the weekend, I also said yes to others and took more than I should have!

I'd say this is progress from a few years ago though, where I'd just have taken everything I wanted in large quantities.

Haven't weighed in this morning - don't dare really - but I will do so on Friday morning pre-Chile holiday. Will make an effort to stay in the green until then so that I don't go off on holiday already heavier than I want....

(I mean, obviously I am heavier than I want in that I'm not at my goal weight. I guess I mean, not heavier than I feel I should be given what I have weighed recently, i.e. I'd like to be a similar or lower weight to recent weigh-ins)

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Exercise DVD

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 3+ of French book, article, podcast, Duolingo
    - Book French exam
    - Finish work at 6.30pm
    - Health check
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Today's positive thought: Going to the theatre tonight to see a musical my friend highly recommended

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I will exercise mindful moderation today: By sticking to my food plan, and not having alcohol at the theatre tonight

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    4/22/19 mon
    Weight:150.8 lbs
    Stay in green 😞
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water :)
    Bedtime: 12am 🙂

Had been looking for a new dr. For a good while & finally had an appointment scheduled for this morning. It Went really well. I’m down 7 lbs from the weight I was at on feb. 28th. Whew! And, I really like the dr that I scheduled with.

I brought my blood results from 2/28th & I also brought the previous couple years of blood lab results. He actually looked at & told me that my cholesterol is not high & not to start on med for it! (My other dr’s office had called in to my pharmacy). He said to come back in in 6 months & gave me 6 months of refills. My other dr never would give me 6 months of refills! So, I did relax a little with the food today & added a large salad to my dinner that put me over in calories. But I will get back to dieting as I still need & want to lose. And I will be getting that earlier bedtime down & add in exercise. I’m not giving up on those goals yet.

jft 4/23/19 tues
    Weight:
    Stay in green
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Bedtime: 12am

Thanks so much for being here. I appreciate you all so much! We can do it! Never give up!

Hugs going out to all those who are having a rough time, all who have something to celebrate & to all for just being who you are & for being here.

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    - eat berries for an afternoon snack :)
    - eat light dinner (some greens) and nothing after :)
    - take a walk :)
    - bedroom & closet cleanup :) (I still need to go through my clothes, but I am giving myself a smiley because there was a lot of things to go through)
    - check that question regarding technology (job-related)
    - french reading exercise :)

- eat berries for an afternoon snack
    - eat light dinner (some greens) and nothing after
    - take a walk
    - check that question regarding technology (job-related)
    - make that call (app)
    - catch up with the app, see what's left to do
    - french reading exercise

Week goals
    - finish the transport app
    - bedroom and closet cleanup
    - clean upstairs including windows
    - buy flower pots for the balcony
    - depilation
    - buy new underwear
    - find a gynecologist

Long term goals
    - less animal protein, more plant protein -> learn to prepare some veggie based meals
    - increase folate-rich foods (chickpeas, lentils, leafy greens) to at least one meal a day
    - minimize dairy to 1 cup of white coffee and a cup of kefir in the morning
    - daily walks
    - bodyweight exercises
    - incorporate again dance moments during the day
    - running

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Here is the screen grab of the nutritional info of that iced coffee. I think it’s pre-made and they blend with ice. So no wriggle room- think it has to be filed under ‘not worth it unless I’m actually willing to skip a meal!!’...

zyncdid1dkm9.png

Oh, yummy!!! That is my kinda drink! 2 of my favorite things: salted caramel & pistachios! And, before March I would have had a large one without even hesitating. Now, I would find it very hard to resist. But can, now...
    Good luck to you!!!! 😝
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Yesterday’s goals:
    1. Track all food intake/stay within calorie goal ✅
    2. At least 30 minutes physical activity ✅
    3. Complete day 3 Mindful Meditation course and reflections on day 2 ❎
    4. Start seedlings indoors and plant cold weather veg outdoors ✅
    5. Prep food for the week ✅

I stand corrected re: weather. Yesterday turned out to be warm and sunny just like spring should be! I got a lot of gardening done, but why do I always think it will be just a simple matter of scattering some seeds in the ground? Forgot all about turning the soil, soaking the bigger seeds, planning where everything goes.... it took up most of my day but I DO love having fresh veggies in the summer, so small price to pay. Back to work today, after a week’s holiday and an extended long weekend. So grateful to have had the time off to recharge. Positive thought for the day - I am rested and recharged and feel I can take on whatever work has to throw at me today :smiley:

JFT April 23:
    1. Track all food intake/stay within calorie goal
    2. Early supper to prevent unwanted snack after work
    3. Mindful Meditation course day 3 before running group
    4. Running group 8PM

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Workout at home 👍
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. No more Easter candy👎 it was a noble idea

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Don’t let work stress get the better of me
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM walk. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Oncology checkup. Read 10 pages of Cross-Training. Get meds from dentist. Groceries from Aldi.
    3. Grade 10 research essays.
    4. Lang8 post. Draft essay.
    5. Park: Intervals/walk.
    6. Prep, pack, & log lunch for Tuesday. Update first directions.
    7. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:05 AM.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Check & print plans. Check in with CC about class 4. Print rosters to acknowledge # of missing assignments and return grade reports. Pull and check #s for RR activity; copy more if needed.
    3. Class 1-2: Professor Qs. Isocolon definition. "Roman Realism" AP activity.
    4. Planning: A - Update lesson plans and print. Call parents. B - Draft essay at lunch duty. C - Grade research. D - Grade research.
    5. Class 4: Not sure!
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bodypump 5:30. Coloring party 7:00. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. QUIZ!
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Going to the oncologist always puts me in a glum mood. While I'm working on my master's, it would be a good idea to use my online database access to look at recurrence rates and the prognosis for metastatic breast cancer. That way I can start making bad-news plans. Hopefully I won't need them, but I think I'll feel more settled if I *have* a plan.

Positive thought: I am wearing my favorite socks today!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Yesterday I wanted to keep eating SO badly but managed to stop myself at about 15 calories in the red, I'm calling that a win!!

@Elbee1 Great job on the loss!

Yesterday 4/22:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😁
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    6. Buy groceries😁
    7. Cook dinner😁
    8. Pay speeding ticket and look into class I need to take to not get points😑 paid ticket this morning, haven't looked into the class yet

JFT 4/23:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Workout after work
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

@nlmackey98 - thank you. I’m a primary school teacher and work full time. I’m also a single parent and my girls are 8 and 10. I do have some help with them in the day but life is pretty full on! I mostly get by on a combination of little sleep and stubbornness! I have worked so hard since my ex husband left - went back to uni for a second degree, career change, finding a real love of fitness. I’m determined not to go back to where I was.

This is very impressive.

• pridesabtch
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 I wish I left fed closer to you. I would deck you out.55q3zeqwignm.jpeg

I'm a chemist and I LOVE this!
  • mirihawk
    mirihawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been reading posts but am out of time to reply - but thanks to everyone who writes! More later.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    JFT: April 22, 2019
    Stay in the green-- :) under by 80 calories
    Exercise--15" or 20" walk :)
    6000 steps or more :)
    Practice piano/organ--one hour :'(
    Transplant tomatoes (been on the to-do list for a week) :)
    Clean kitchen :) not perfect, but much better
    Mail two cards :)
    Write bills :'( today's project?
    Sunny and beautiful here today in western Pennsylvania. Temperatures in the 60's--perfect spring weather. Enjoy your day, everyone.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :) 10,230
    3. walk on at least one work break :) 2
    4. go to gym :) well, went to the pool and swam a mile instead, but I will call it a win!
    5. no social eating at work :)
    6. drink 8+ C liquids :) 8
    7. get to sleep early :neutral: 430

Tuesday:
    Travelling for work today with a bunch of people from my office, so there will be social eating...but I convinced the group to go to a veggie-heavy Vietnamese place, so it should be pretty healthy.

1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. walk on at least one work break
    4. go to gym
    5. no social eating at work
    6. drink 8+ C liquids
    7. get to sleep early