JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172;c-43631156"
    You have the opportunity here to get a real good sense of achievement! Doing the things you REALLY don't want to is hard, so when you do them you'll feel more proud of yourself that you did them!!
    From your list, pick the one thing that you don't want to do most, the one you'd avoid all day, the "worst" one.... and do that one.
    The rest will seem easier then!

Such good advice, Bex! Let's see if I can do that today---I know exactly which one my "worst one" will be-lol.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 - What a beautiful family you have. I love all of the pictures.

@Bex953172 - That is awesome that you are getting the flooring done. Are you and Ash doing it yourselves?

@lafayettenana - I found it a little overwhelming when I first started too, I used to keep a little note as I read and then typed it all up afterwards. The bad part of MFP is if you switch pages you lose all of your typing. But I like the likes and hugs too. I imagine when I start a job I won't be able to keep up like I do right now.

@ZizzyBumble - Still doing your exercises when it was too late or you were too tired, is a huge accomplishment!!!

@nlmackey98 - I'm so happy to read you had a good day yesterday.

@AJB1014 - What a great NSV! I'm so happy for you.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

@Bex953172 - That is awesome that you are getting the flooring done. Are you and Ash doing it yourselves?

@lafayettenana - I found it a little overwhelming when I first started too, I used to keep a little note as I read and then typed it all up afterwards. The bad part of MFP is if you switch pages you lose all of your typing. But I like the likes and hugs too. I imagine when I start a job I won't be able to keep up like I do right now.

@ZizzyBumble - Still doing your exercises when it was too late or you were too tired, is a huge accomplishment!!!

Yeah hes pretty good at stuff like that! Im not doing the actual fitting but just moving the furniture round and tidying around him and holding the wood as he saws it.

We bought more expensive flooring than normal, firstly so it would be more durable and scratch resistant and secondly, Its easier to fit.
    Its literally slot it in length ways and drop it in on the ends and it locks itself in. So theres no knocking it together (we always chip it when we do that)
    Only problem we encountered is that the underlay is 4mm and the flooring 10mm, so the floor is 14mm higher, i was SO glad when i said "just check that door can still open over it" .. it couldnt, so weve took 2 interior doors off and we'll need to shave a few mm off the bottom before refitting!
    But other than that its going well! Very well!

Weve bought some wall paper, tbh im dreading it. I know its gonna be one of them DIY arguments LOL
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @snowflake1968 lnk32uk3f6at.jpg

Thats the floor and the last bit we have to finish, but i think we did a good job getting it through the door frame!
    I know theres little gaps but they get covered by the edges (dont know the actual name but its a thin peice of wood that glues to the skirting in the same colour as the floor x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    M

I want to echo all of this and add a well done and yay! @snowflake1968 for the determined way you are approaching the job hunt and weight loss! So much positivity to inspire.

@Bex953172 - love the flooring! Am so impressed, I’m rubbish at home improvements.

@clicketykeys - well done on the 4 miles!! Doubling your target! V impressive x
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    @bex it is amazing what a difference a new floor makes! The system there is SO different, hearing about all the things you need to do & you're ?renting it, am amazed.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Tuesday:

Travelling for work today with a bunch of people from my office, so there will be social eating...but I convinced the group to go to a veggie-heavy Vietnamese place, so it should be pretty healthy.

1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :neutral: not sure, Fitbit is not syncing
    3. walk on at least one work break :)
    4. go to gym :(
    5. drink 8+ C liquids :)
    6. get to sleep early :)

Wednesday:
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. walk on at least one work break
    4. go to gym--cardio/weight workout
    5. no social eating at work
    6. drink 8+ C liquids
    7. get to sleep early
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

Yesterday:
    1. keep my calories in the green <3
    2. drink tons of water (I'd like to go over the recommended 8 cups) <3
    3. play an hour of racquetball tonight <3
    4. no buying snacks! (I'm super guilty of buying junky snacks on my lunch breaks) <3 ended up going to the garden center on my break!
    5. only eat dinner after work (I'm also guilty of eating a ton when I get home from work, when I wind down from the day) :'( had leftover easter keylime pie! how could I not?

Today April 24th:
    • Stay in the green
    • have 500 or more calories left over from exercising
    • attend swimming
    • no buying daytime snacks!
    • only dinner after work
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yay! Made it through the work day!!! Just have a few moments to catch up on everyone’s posts..
    @Snowflake1968 Yes, I live in Ontario.... started a bunch of seeds indoors, but OK to plant spinach/lettuce/arugula/peas outside now (they like the cooler weather [or so I thought ??] ) - just have to fence them off to keep the hungry bunnies and birds away from the sprouting plants. So glad to hear studying is going well! Enjoy dinner with the grands tonight.

@bex953172 that flooring looks amazing. Is it hardwood or laminate or something else? I am hoping to do our floors one day

@korina75 I’m using a book called “The Mindful Way Workbook An 8 week program to free yourself from Depression and Emotional Distress” ISBN 978-1-4625-0814-3. It comes with a CD and links to guided meditation exercises and has readings and exercises for each week. In the first week one of our exercises is to practice mindful eating. So far I have found the information and exercises helpful, but as I said earlier today it’s hard to find the time!

@awhit4842 - I hear ya on the “up at 3AM and thinking about work” thing! That is me too, but its 4 or 4:30 usually. I wish I had a solution to suggest... if you come up with a solution let me know.

Well, I should head out and get my walk in before supper as I intended today. Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    @bex it is amazing what a difference a new floor makes! The system there is SO different, hearing about all the things you need to do & you're ?renting it, am amazed.

I know lol!
    As its under a housing association though, after the first year as long as we dont have any complaints or cause any problems (like big things like intentional damage, illegal things or anti social behaviour) then its a lifelong tenancy. And after 5 years we have a 'right to buy' and then we can start to buying the house off them until we own it outright or we can just own 75% or whatever we like!

So no worries like with a private landlord that can kick us out whenever, decide to sell up or whatever, so this is like a guaranteed home :)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    newbie2143 wrote: »
    Yay! Made it through the work day!!! Just have a few moments to catch up on everyone’s posts..
    @Snowflake1968 Yes, I live in Ontario.... started a bunch of seeds indoors, but OK to plant spinach/lettuce/arugula/peas outside now (they like the cooler weather [or so I thought ??] ) - just have to fence them off to keep the hungry bunnies and birds away from the sprouting plants. So glad to hear studying is going well! Enjoy dinner with the grands tonight.

@bex953172 that flooring looks amazing. Is it hardwood or laminate or something else? I am hoping to do our floors one day

@korina75 I’m using a book called “The Mindful Way Workbook An 8 week program to free yourself from Depression and Emotional Distress” ISBN 978-1-4625-0814-3. It comes with a CD and links to guided meditation exercises and has readings and exercises for each week. In the first week one of our exercises is to practice mindful eating. So far I have found the information and exercises helpful, but as I said earlier today it’s hard to find the time!

@awhit4842 - I hear ya on the “up at 3AM and thinking about work” thing! That is me too, but its 4 or 4:30 usually. I wish I had a solution to suggest... if you come up with a solution let me know.

Well, I should head out and get my walk in before supper as I intended today. Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!

Its laminate but a higher end one so it looks like real wood lol! Rather than plasticky.
    A cheaper floor would be really smooth, but this one has a grain so it looks more like real wood.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 lnk32uk3f6at.jpg

Thats the floor and the last bit we have to finish, but i think we did a good job getting it through the door frame!
    I know theres little gaps but they get covered by the edges (dont know the actual name but its a thin peice of wood that glues to the skirting in the same colour as the floor x

That looks awesome. It’s good that you can do a lot yourselves. Rodger and I do that too and it’s always some kind of little squabble. I don’t blame you on the wallpaper, it’s a bi**h, good luck.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Wednesday 24 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) only just!
    January challenge :# probably not but close
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) I don't think it energised me but it was a good idea to get out
    April challenge :) I am not too far behind with the work tasks I needed to accomplish today despite some extra requests for work. I might just finish work things tomorrow.

Today's going to be busy and I really need to get started. I am hoping a quick walk will energise me because I'd rather go back to sleep.

Well today was non stop and tomorrow won't be any better. I go away Friday morning and I think the house will be messy, the lawns won't get mown and I'll be frazzled. I need to get to sleep and make an early start. I am neither a night owl nor a lark, I think I might be a sloth!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Faebert - thank you, I’m trying to keep up with my determination.

@cory17 - I agree with you I am amazed what @Bex953172 has to do for a rental.

@Bex953172 - oh that makes a lot more sense now that you explain it all out. That is an awesome deal!
  • hellerhoneybee
    hellerhoneybee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it has almost been a week since I came on here. I’m keeping up with my goals for the most part. I am not motivated to be on the computer after I leave work (where I am on the computer all day!), and I don’t want to take a lot of time away from work. While I’m there, I should be working, right??

Anyway, my mom loved her birthday card, and we had a nice chat on Easter Sunday. It's always nice to talk to someone you know loves you unconditionally. Today in the US is Admin Professionals Day, so if any of you are secretaries or administrative assistants, enjoy today! It’s all for you. Anyway, I made cards for our secretaries at my office, got everyone in the building to sign them, and got to give them to the ladies this morning! Took me the last 3 weeks to get all the signatures, so I’m glad I planned ahead! These ladies are so amazing, and I know I couldn’t do my job without all their help, so it was nice to see the girls oohing and aahing over the cards. Very satisfying!

So, checking in from last post on 4/18:
    1. Eat a healthy breakfast – done!
    2. Log at least 50% (ideally 100%, but I'm going for achievable) – done, 100%!
    3. Stay within +/-10% of calorie goal – went over by almost 20%! But, with #8, my net was only 56 calories!
    4. Be positive as much as possible – doing good with this one lately
    5. Be mindful of what your body is telling you about food, fullness, movement, emotions, pain – work in progress
    6. Make and complete daily progress toward my weekly to do list at work – was not feeling motivated, so I slacked off a little
    7. Make a birthday card for a friend of a friend – done!
    8. Do 30 minutes cardio – oh yeah, done! plus, some resistance band strengthening, too!

Next, here are my goals for today 4/24:
    1. Eat a healthy breakfast
    2. Log at least 50% (ideally 100%, but I'm going for achievable)
    3. Stay within +/-10% of calorie goal
    4. Be positive as much as possible
    5. Be mindful of what your body is telling you about food, fullness, movement, emotions, pain
    6. Make and complete daily progress toward my weekly to do list at work
    7. Send birthday card to my brother
    8. Do 30 minutes cardio
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'll pop on in the morning to catch up, too tired to do much but a quick log on!

JFT 4/24
    Intuitive eating practice :)
    Log all food after eating :)
    drink water before snacks/meals :)
    Exercise 30 minutes :)
    8000 steps :)
    no alcohol :)

Pretty good day for goals! I'll log in tomorrow and do my 4/25 ones.

Good night all! <3
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys;c-43637160"]The observation was today. My plans were not perfect. The observer did not accept my explanation. I cried in front of God and students and everyone.
    I am so sorry; you've had this observation on your mind for so long, and it hasn't worked out as well as you had hoped. As a retired teacher, I know how nerve-wracking those observations can be. Administrators are not always in tune--I had one principal tell me that he was sure the lesson he observed was one that I kept in reserve, just for observation, which wasn't true at all. I had to show him the lesson in the manual, where it was in sequence from the previous day!
    Try to move on---from your posts, it sounds as if you're doing a great job.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    jw48xi65y3zk.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    2ghp4fhuu4kw.jpg
    2ovkopzubk9u.jpg