What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• Nerys52
    Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Pasta, zucchini, sweet red bell pepper, tomato, shallot, chestnut mushrooms,olive oil, ground black pepper, sea salt.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Last night was chili mac:
    hamburger, crushed tomatoes, tomatoes w/ chiles, drained kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon. Brown the hamburger, add the cans and spices, and cook in the crockpot on low for 4 hours. Cook a box of mac w/ cheese sauce and stir into the chili.

Tonight is hamburgers.
  • sheloves89
    sheloves89 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    m2h3htvmkb46.jpeg

Taco salad!

I made a batch of vegetarian taco "meat" on Sunday using bulgur wheat. It's SO good. Threw it in to a salad with an "artisan lettuce blend" from Aldi (which I only got because they were sold out of romaine... but it is good, even if the name is a bit pretentious...), onion, tomato, fresh sweet corn lopped off the cob, beans (black + kidney + white beans), cheddar cheese (14g), avocado, fresh cilantro, some lemon juice, some olive oil, and some salt. Yummmm. I've had it for lunch every day since Sunday, so far. It's so good.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon, spinach, and corn
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    I messed up. The hollandaise split, the gratin dauphinoise overbrowned and was over cooked. It did still taste good though.
    89xhc1tiskga.jpeg
  • brianthomas838
    brianthomas838 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try Jamie Oliver baked cod/white fish with sun dried tomato paste in bread crumbs. (wholemeal). So simple and oh so delicious and so easy to prepare and cook. Have with fresh veg or mixed salad.

ABFAB!! <3

https://www.jamieoliver.com/videos/tasty-crusted-cod/
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I'm not especially hungry tonight so I marinated some chicken which I'll cook tomorrow and roasted a head of broccoli cut up (including most of the stock) and tossed with olive oil, salt, white pepper, and dried rosemary. I ate all of it, because roasted broccoli is amazing.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Sweetcorn and courgette fritters, with poached eggs and a sweet chilli sauce. It was nic3 to make something so very different from my usual staples!
  • razzler89
    razzler89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Green Chile chicken & Spanish cauliflower rice...delicious & fantastic!! Super easy recipes from Pinterest. On Keto and IF.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Cambodian grilled corn done in the air fryer.
    fuswy13iwiww.jpg
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Last night I made risotto with hot Italian sausage, garlic, onions, arugula and Parmesan cheese. Very tasty.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    sheloves89 wrote: »
    m2h3htvmkb46.jpeg

Taco salad!

I made a batch of vegetarian taco "meat" on Sunday using bulgur wheat. It's SO good. Threw it in to a salad with an "artisan lettuce blend" from Aldi (which I only got because they were sold out of romaine... but it is good, even if the name is a bit pretentious...), onion, tomato, fresh sweet corn lopped off the cob, beans (black + kidney + white beans), cheddar cheese (14g), avocado, fresh cilantro, some lemon juice, some olive oil, and some salt. Yummmm. I've had it for lunch every day since Sunday, so far. It's so good.

This looks tremendous!
  • aokoye
    Options
    This thai style grilled chicken. I ate it on salad greens with mint from the garden (from a potted plant, don't plant mint outside of a pot unless you want a field of mint). I prefer it grilled outside, but the grill pan worked well this afternoon. I've also now confirmed that the marinade needs no oil.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Carbonara stretched with a little spiralized courgette, garlic sauteed spinach and some leftover carrot pickle we had lying around.
    t4vzngjn77ws.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    I've got colleagues coming round for lunch tomorrow.

Will give baby corn the Cambodian pot ang treatment (coconut cream, fish sauce, sugar, green onions and roasted. That's the starch.

Veg is green salad with home cured duck prosciutto, candied pecans, homemade croutons and maybe some sliced pear if they are by ripe tomorrow. Still considering the vinaigrette for that. Toss up between using pomegranate molasses, date molasses or balsamic.

I promised to demonstrate chicken wings in the air fryer as a main. These are dry brining now. Have both Vietnamese marketing water (caramel and fish sauce) and korean fried chicken sauce to toss those in.

I made creme caramel in the microwave today which is chilling but might have botched that. Life is too short cooking creme caramel the official way au bain marie, but we have a new microwave so the temperature might not have been right and the edges probably curdled.
  • aokoye
    Options
    Butaman - Japanese steamed buns. I've made these a number of times in the almost two years since the recipe was published. It's really easy and one of my favorites. Used ground chicken instead of pork and almond milk instead of regular milk. I also used half the sugar than what's called for because otherwise it's just way too sweet for my taste. I also forgot to add the ginger despite it being on the counter.
  • acpgee
    Options
    The hubby dropped a carton of eggs carrying in the shopping. All the rescued broken eggs have been turned into a Spanish tortilla for tomorrow's breakfast.
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2738/real-spanish-omelette
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    This thai style grilled chicken. I ate it on salad greens with mint from the garden (from a potted plant, don't plant mint outside of a pot unless you want a field of mint). I prefer it grilled outside, but the grill pan worked well this afternoon. I've also now confirmed that the marinade needs no oil.

Fully making this tomorrow. Thanks!
  • acpgee
    Options
    I've got 3 gratin dauphinoise going in the oven. Will re-heat one tonight to go with a gammon steak and roast asparagus. The other two will go in the freezer. Very easy gratin recipe below, but potatoes in milk must be cooked in good nonstick pan, otherwise clean up is a mess.
    https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/gratin-dauphinois-recipe
  • acpgee
    Options
    am7t5bvbxhj1.jpeg