Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ^^ Are you having a Monday part duex today?

Yes. So much. I think it's because I have Friday and half of Thursday off to go camping. I don't wanna be here!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Me today: The brain fog, man.
    11e7999add7edea8b04ae55a625ffe7f.jpg
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options

Yes. So much. I think it's because I have Friday and half of Thursday off to go camping. I don't wanna be here!

YAY Camping!! I would be in the same boat, lol. Camping would suck today. There's 2" of snow on the ground. More to come.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

YAY Camping!! I would be in the same boat, lol. Camping would suck today. There's 2" of snow on the ground. More to come.

It's in the high 60's here in the valley. Up in the mountains it will be cooler, but that's ok! That's what a campfire is for!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I bit the bullet & bought one of the weighted blankets (I bought the one at Walmart for $49.99). The first night I didn't realize it came out of the outer layer so I threw it off & the second night I had a hard time sleeping in general since I'm now used to sleeping in (work more later in the morning than earlier) & took it off.

The past few nights I do think it has helped with me not rolling around as much & staying asleep longer without waking up every few hours (not sure if a lot of that is due to my ADD).
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I bit the bullet & bought one of the weighted blankets (I bought the one at Walmart for $49.99). The first night I didn't realize it came out of the outer layer so I threw it off & the second night I had a hard time sleeping in general since I'm now used to sleeping in (work more later in the morning than earlier) & took it off.

The past few nights I do think it has helped with me not rolling around as much & staying asleep longer without waking up every few hours (not sure if a lot of that is due to my ADD).

Does it get hot?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

Does it get hot?

The past few nights I haven't been hot, but not sure how the summer months will be.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

Does it get hot?

The past few nights I haven't been hot, but not sure how the summer months will be.

Weighted blankets shouldn't be particularly hot. Mine is, but the person who made it for me knows that I am cold-natured and wouldn't mind that. I will probably put it away mid-May. (The weight in my blanket comes from the yarn. It's hand crocheted in my college colors and doubles as my stadium blanket.)
    ETA: Ian has a weighted blanket that isn't hot and one that is winter weight. #Autism #AutismMom
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Quik, mine turned 21 recently. Hang in there, it comes quickly. Happy birthday to the young man!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Quik, mine turned 21 recently. Hang in there, it comes quickly. Happy birthday to the young man!!

Right?!? I was just thinking how soon he would be 18 and graduating.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    And I’m 30 on Sunday! All the big ones this year! :lol:

I'll be camping. Happy birthday early!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine 15! I'm already astonished to have a 3 year old and nearly 18 month old. How did this happen?!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Payton! And Happy early Birthday, Lois!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    The boy is fifteen today!

He chose Freddy's Steakburger for his birthday dinner. #raisinghimright

Ty will be 13 in June. He's taller than I am already. Life flies!!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Happy birthday to Payton!! Enjoy camping!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Awww thank you for the early birthday wishes! :smiley:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I can't imagine 15! I'm already astonished to have a 3 year old and nearly 18 month old. How did this happen?!

The years seem to accelerate and next thing you know they are grown. It's crazy.