JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• AngeliqueBundy
    AngeliqueBundy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Today, even though I have only slept for 2 hours, I will get back to my walking. I will do 3 miles or more depending on how I feel. I will not jog today, because my knee isn’t quite right yet. Today I will do better than yesterday. Today I will kick butt! 🙂

Girl, most of us have been in your shoes. When I have backslid in the past I would totally give in to doubt and fear, slowly undoing everything I'd worked for. Last spring I was down to a healthy 120 and I felt really good, even confident. Then people started mentioning that I looked really good. I don't know why, but it's like that gave me an excuse to lighten the reins. Before I knew it I was 130. That's when I stopped weighing and hung out in denial slowly gaining until none of my clothes fit. Instead of letting this be a wake up call, I bought new clothes and continued to self destruct. I'm not sure exactly what knocked some sense into me, but I'm glad it did. I had a nice yo-yo cycle going on. I'm really hoping this time is different, and I truly believe this group of supportive, honest and nonjudgmental women will be one key to my success.

The workout plan is awesome. Never tax your body beyond it's abilities or you'll just set yourself back (I'm good at this). That being said do push your body to its current potential, but only about 30 - 50% of the time. The other 50 - 70% is base building at 60-80% effort (I suck at this, but my coach preaches it and I must say it works). No slacking, just building up without pushing too hard too fast (I'm really good at this). If you go too hard too often, you can get overuse injuries (I'm also good at this).

By building a base, It will make your max efforts more and more effective allowing you to push harder and further than before as you progress.

Best of luck. Stick around we can be a fun group, but also sensitive and supportive.

Oh yeah, I talk a lot. :blush:

Aw you’re awesome! Everything you said was what I needed to hear. And the way you said it is the only way I can listen. Super motivational and real. You also made me chuckle, which is always a plus. I’m thankful that you have chosen to share your insight and your learnings with me/us. Thank you so much!!!
    Oh and I love talkers! 🤗🤗
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Recap 5/4 Sat. ~ slept in until 9:30 :o
    1) Wash bedding & hang outside ~ it's a gorgeous spring day finally & high temps in 60s = 3 loads bc also washed hubby's work clothes & my thermal walking pants... hopefully I won't need to wear those until later this year :smiley:
    2) Walk dog = walked dog 4.43 mi 1:17:00 = happy dog B)
    3) Pick up Hmong eggrolls order at church (take checkbook) = Yum! :smiley:
    4) Choir at church 4:40 for 5:00 service = :smiley:
    5) Not sure of meals / net calories zero / 14c water = Supper was eggrolls and Schwan's chicken lo mein skillet meal. Net cals -512 :/ , sodium -1,156 :# , sugar -46 :s , fiber ok, protein good & 10c water.
    6) Yard work: Hubby raked front while I walked dog. Got patio stuff from shed w/ hubby and set things up. V busy day. Fitbit 16,762 steps, 250+ 10/14 & 40 floors. Happy, tired me B) :

Recap 5/5 Sun.
    1) Bible class = :smiley:
    2) Washed dishes = :smiley:
    3) Walked dog 4.05 mi 1:10:27 = happy dog B)
    4) Finished spring yard work w/ hubby ~ I depooped back yard & picked up loads and loads of sticks / small branches / hauled to curb while he mowed, snowblower stored in shed, 2 rain barrels set up (smashed my fingertip between two supports but not so bad today), got out yard do-dads. Enjoyed fruits of our labors by sitting on patio and relaxing. B) Fitbit 16,647 steps, 250+ 11/14 & 62 floors = happy me B)
    5) Using up stuff from freezer: lasagna roll-ups & mozzarella sticks & ice cream for supper. Net cals -360 :/ , sodium -1,585 :s , sugar -26 :( , fiber low :/ , protein good & 12c water.

JFT 5/6 M Gloomy, sprinkly morning & taking a rest day ~ I need one!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Create & email speaker's CPE cert
    3) Complete summaries for O/I/S
    4) Evening to-do's: laundry / meal plan & grocery list / email PZ about Th / update 91.1 pledge / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work T)
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I took yesterday off from exercise and wow is it easier to stay under my pre-tracked calories. And had no desire for snacks (or wine) after dinner when I haven't spent an hour at the gym or walking. I haven't had a chance to pre-track today as I have to dash to my 7:30 class at the gym. The instructor does a great strength training for a woman with knee issues - non impact but hard work.
    JFT 5/6/19
    Pre-track for 1600 calories
    Class at 7:30
    Self care day - do a few things I won't be able to do the next month
    No snacking or wine after dinner
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    Options
    I feel totally desperate. I was doing amazingly well! I had lost 80 lbs and was gaining a lot of muscle back. I was working out 7 days a week and eating healthy and cut my portions down to a very healthy size. Also I was checking in with my sister in Hawaii who is a fitness and nutrition guru. Then suddenly the frequency of my workouts started slipping, my portions started increasing and I started drinking a little here and there. Now, drinking every weekend, which causes bad food choices and feeling bad about myself. Now I want to get back to the healthy stuff before I gain that weight back. I simply can not go back to that unhealthy, unhappy person!
    It is 3:30 am and I can’t sleep because I am guilty and self loathing, because of my major set backs. So here I am! Sharing my private feelings and crying for some help.
    Thanks whoever is reading and whoever wants to help me! 🤗

You should be very proud of yourself for losing 80 pounds! And no more feeling guilty!! . I am learning that with anything, you will have setbacks. That we have to change our mindset from thinking we have to be perfect everyday ... because we won't be. We have years of habits that want to come back. But I am proud of you ... you are not giving up, you are coming on here and still trying! We have all been there ... we all know what it is like! I am so happy you found us. This is why we take this one day at a time... because sometimes that is all we have to do. Just try and eat healthy for just one day. I hope you come back often.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @nlmackey98 - How do you determine 60-80% effort?

Heart rate. Figure out what mild workout is for you and what max effort is. The difference is 100%, and you can figure percentages from there. When working with my coach I only did 100% about every 2 weeks. I'd do 80-90% a couple days a week the rest was mostly below 80%.

Long slow rides/runs build you physically. The fast stuff builds your cardiovascular system and gives you body a taste of what it can do and what it will do.

Every coach does it differently, but that is how she judged exertion. I haven't worked with her for a year, but she helped my improve my running last year.

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Sunday JFT:

✔▪Relaxing Sunday morning
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔▪Kiddo Free Day
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ✔▪Rest Day (no pre-logging and no planned exercises)
    ✔▪Devotional Time
    ✅▪Homework (Lin. Alg & Dif. Eqn)➡️Lin. Alg done, I'll finish Dif. Eqn tomorrow
    ✅▪Review Budget➡️prepared but needs to be reviewed together w/ hubby
    ✔▪Lunch➡️enjoyed a family picnic 😁
    ✔▪Dinner
    ✔▪Evening schedule

Monday JFT:

▪Regular kiddo morning
    ▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Prelog Food
    ▪Devotional Time
    ▪Homework (Dif. Eqn)
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Exercise (1 DVD)
    ▪Regular kid afternoon schedule
    ▪Gym
    ▪Evening schedule
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm at work so I need to be super fast!

Yesterday 5/5:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞 like 550 over
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😁
    4. Do workout😁
    5. Get some laundry done😁
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    7. Relax😁

JFT 5/6:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
    4. Buy groceries
    5. Cook dinner
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    7. Relax
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 - So happy to hear that hubby apologized to you. Great job on the weight loss. What is the 6 Day plan that you are doing?

@lafayettenana - I have the greatest respect for those that take care of their elderly parents. We don't live near our families to be able to assist at all, but I have witnessed the toll it takes on people.

@clicketykeys - My husband checks on me in the tub too, I have been known on more than one occasion to fall asleep in the tub. I don't know how people do it running. Good for you.

@HEGoddard0928 - It sounds like you are doing a job you love, that makes it so much easier to go to work each day. Hopefully Matt continues to improve and things settle down for the both of you soon. So sorry you had a rough evening. I understand all too well how fast money talks can spiral out of control. Rodger doesn't care to listen when I tell him how close to the edge we are, but then gets upset when he thinks we should have more than we do. I have plans for when I start working again to help us both with money. My cousin started doing this about 15 years ago and they never have a money fight now. She started a binder that she writes all incoming money and outgoing money in. She has hers separated by Utilities, Mortgage, Car Payments, Groceries, Fun Stuff, etc. She keeps a running tab on exactly where they are on what bill, how much money is left once she pays the bills, etc. Since she started that her husband will go look at the binder and see where they stand. They have a dollar amount that each can spend without discussing with the other. I'm not sure what that amount is, but it has worked for them. My daughter and her fiance do the same. They have a dollar amount that they can each spend without recriminations. They started theirs after I told them about my cousins binder because they were fighting about money.

@mytime6630 - I loved the story of the little girl in the store, we had one of those meltdowns with Michaela recently. She wanted a new dress. She is a little fashionista. I think feeling in control is a huge step forward. I have had a lot of days where I overate and didn't feel in control at all.

@zizzybumble - I think I will be having the same issue this summer with company that comes. Luckily my Best Friend is also trying to lose weight so hopefully, we can keep each other in check. Also I won't want to be bloated the day of the wedding.

@AngeliqueBundy - Boy I have been where you are. This is my third time losing weight, the first two times I exercised excessively, restricted myself too much, did a lot that wasn't sustainable for the long haul. I think you catching yourself now is a good wake up call. I didn't and am losing the same pounds for the third time now. This time I am making very small changes but changes I can live with for the long term. I think I'll be more successful because this past Winter i was able to maintain instead of gain back which I would have done previously. It was a slower loss for me and I'm still not where I want to be, but I think I can keep it up. This group and posting my daily goals has helped me tremendously!

@Daneejela - AKA Martha - It sounds like you had a good weekend. I hope the flu doesn't hit you too hard.

@nlmackey98 - I just love reading about your day and what you are doing. Enjoy the banquet. I know many people that would just smile to get through it.

@maryrobinson40 - Good morning to you too!

@cschmitz110515 - Sounds like a lovely day, I hope it warms up enough this week that next weekend we can spend some time clearing and cleaning up our yard.

@clicketykeys - I love amusement parks and going on the rides, it's funny my husband when we dated as teens was the one that got me into them, but now he won't go near them. You hadn't updated about your eval, glad it wasn't as bad as you originally thought.

Well I have the race recording and Rodger will be home already in a couple of hours so I should enjoy my free time while I have it. He is working a ridiculous schedule of 430am to 1230pm for the next two weeks.

Have a great day everyone.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    *hugs* That was me over the weekend, @Faebert. Sometimes it's good to take a break.

@Snowflake1968 - ME TOO on that eval. Glad it's over for another year. *sigh* I wish it didn't feel like ... well, like it does. :( I never fall asleep in the tub, though! That water cools off AT ALL and I have to warm it up again ;D
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well, today was a bit of a bust for my goals. I did get a lot accomplished but spent a bit more than I wanted to and then ate my feelings a little bit at a family dinner. Old habits die hard. Not going to dwell on it, tomorrow is a chance to do better. I need to focus on how I feel right now. I'm over stuffed and I don't feel better having eaten too much. I need to remember that food does not fix things. I'm going to just let it go and not worry about it. It's a good reminder of how I used to eat.

JFT: 5/6
    Exercise: 1 hour of hard work (swimming/running/biking) :) Biking (45 mins but still)
    1 hour of strength/yoga :( Nope.
    Stay within 1400 calories :( Nope.
    Start packing for vacation :)
    5 fruit & Veg :)
    No alcohol :( Nope. Had a glass of wine at dinner.

Tomorrow will be a better day and to counter act some of my over eating I think I'm going to go for a walk while my daughter is at Taekwondo.

JFT 5/7 Word of the day will be HIGHER STANDARDS (just for the day)

Exercise: Swimming or Yoga, 30 mins
    Exercise: Strength training, 20 mins
    Stay within 1400 calories
    5 fruit/veg
    Eat Mindfully-all meals/snacks
    Deep Breathing meditation 1 minute x3
    Tackle To Do List with positive attitude

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Monday JFT:

✔▪Regular kiddo morning
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ✔▪Prelog Food
    ✔▪Devotional Time
    ✔▪Homework (Dif. Eqn)
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Exercise (1 DVD)
    ✔▪Regular kid afternoon schedule
    ✅▪Gym➡️went to the gym and guess who was there, smokey-smokerson childcare employee so we had to leave. I got her work sch. for the week so hopefully no more surprises. They told me last time she doesn't work nights so I rearranged my sch. to go at 5 pm but now I have to call each week for her sch. bc she works nights now too 😔
    ✔▪Evening schedule

Fairly decent day today (regardless of the gym issue). I'm feeling good about my motivation for weightloss and I'm excited!! I'm going to spend the evening enjoying some quiet time. You all have a great rest of your day!! Stay Strong! 😁

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,027 Member
    Options
    5/6/19 mon
    Weight 153.2 lbs
    Stay in green :)
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water 🙂
    Exercise :(
    Bed by midnight :(

JFT 5/7/19 tues.
    Weight
    Stay in green