JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Faebert wrote: »
    So last night I had serious cravings for carbs but managed to avoid giving in to the bread! I worked in an extra small snack (some apple and cottage cheese) and forced myself to go to bed. Pleased but also a bit annoyingly tempted this morning. A small part of me wants to skip my exercise class this morning and just eat loads of toast with butter once the girls have been picked up by their dad! But I know how that will leave me feeling. And I know that it might feel like I’m treating myself but actually it will be damaging. I’ve done so well the last couple of weekends so need to stay focussed - especially as I will going to see bf and we generally don’t eat v healthy foods when we are together.

Thank you for sharing your toast struggle...(although, you did make my mouth water :) and the steps you took to push through it. So often we get so consumed with that particular desire and we don't pause a moment to

--consider the consequences (how it will leave you feeling, the damage done to the progress you made).
    --consider if you could fit it in (No, because you will be indulging at the bf's.)
    --consider what your next action should be (focusing on the target and what needs to be done to get there.)
    --and then getting away from the temptaion (you were going to go exercise)

What was the outcome? Did you push through and re-focus or did the call of the toaster win? ;)

There are days we must do these steps several times as we are being bombarded with temptation. Else we find our selves in dispair saying, "What did I just do??? Why didn't I say no??"

I went to Warrior class! No toast! And it was a super tough class and I made it through and now I feel great. Thank you for asking - it has reminded me of my ‘win’! 😉

Woo-Hoo! You have been a huge encouragement today. Have a great time at the bf's!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    yvf5ezxpm0nw.jpeg

How dare you... 😂
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    @Snowflake1968
    Yes we do have an enclosed yard, we have a shared (with our neighbour) alleyway leading to the front of the house (with another door that can only be unlatched from the inside) just to take the wheelie bins out. Its literally 2 foot wide, so we each have a gate on our fences into that. But i know for a fact marley can open that and shes being a little bum with opening things at the moment, especially the front door (thankfully chained) so i could put a bin in front of it. Also helping herself to the fridge, dhe ate all our strawberries, 2 yoghurt drinks AND grapes!
    Shes so sneaky, she hasnt figured out that if she wipes the red and purple stains from her face though that it would tske us longer to find out, not to mention the yoghurt pots randomly dotted around the house LOL!

But the main reason we havent let them out yet is because the previous dog pooed all over it, which weve picked up most we can, then we mowed the lawn so we just need to throw some hot water out to wash it away, and lay some grass seed because its very patchy and muddy in places.

I dont mind the mud, thats as easy as shoes off at the doorstep. Just the poo,
    Goddamn poo lol
    Poo is literally the centre of my life LOL!
    Dog poo, baby poo, toddler poo!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Half marathon completed! :smiley:

It was challenging and had to dig deep, but managed to get through and in a fairly decent time too! (2.14.50).

I am now going out to eat an absolute ton of food. We burnt 2000 calories doing it, and probably only ate around 500 of those in Jelly Babies throughout...

rervwbinxoay.jpg
    gkgmwwpkwvnu.jpg

I know I am WAY behind, but I absolutely LOVE these pics! You look fantastic and your bf is so cute! And your triumph as you hold your arms out just made my heart swell with pride for you! ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC JOB! You kicked *kitten*!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Well I found the dress and ended up buying it today. It wasn’t at a bridal shop so no ordering in. It was the first one I tried on. I tried a few more but had to come back for this. It was $50.00 off today too.fm5bd1zpoefq.jpeg

Beautiful!!!! I love that dress and you look just fabulous in it! Perfect MOB dress! It actually reminds me alot of the dress I got married in... :)
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    edited March 2019
    ]3/22/19 fri.
    *Weigh: 155.2 lbs. yay!
    *Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water 🙂
    *Stay in Green 😞 Have to do better when out to eat at friends house. I was much wiser with my choices, but made 2 nutty mistakes.
    *Find way to work in exercise consistently 😐 Didn't try my plan. Ugh.
    *Be in bed by midnight 😞 I did better. Didn't get home from friends house until about 12:30am.

JFT 3/23/19 sat.
    Weight: 155.2 lbs
    *4 glasses of water
    *stay in green
    *plan meals tomorrow thru Tuesday
    * find way to work in exercise
    * Be in bed midnight

@snowflake1986 glad it went well. Hope you hear back soon
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Board seems quiet today. Thinking of all those who are struggling and wishing you self-compassion. Had a nice shopping day with my family and then dinner with friends. I tried my best food-wise but still went way over today. Keeping my focus on moving on and re-setting the diet with meal planning tomorrow. @Snowflake1968 Thank you so much for all your kind words. I'm sorry you've had to go through this, and three times at that. I also wish for more comprehensive mental health services, and less stigma to stop people from getting the help they need.

JFT (3/23)
    self care self care self care ✅
    reach out to supports ✅
    be kind ✅
    drink 80 oz. water :(
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups :(
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories :( really rough food day
    exercise 30 minutes ✅ had a lovely walk with my sister, it was simply gorgeous outside!
    go to bed between 9-10 :(
    track all food/exercise ✅
    post on JFT ✅

JFT (3/24)
    drink 80 oz. water
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories
    exercise 30 minutes
    sleep 8 hours
    track all food/exercise
    post on JFT
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all. Had a super productive day yesterday and got loads of chores done as well as my Warrior class and avoiding the toast! Meant I didn’t get to bf’s house until late and I was hangry but ate Chinese takeaway with him with no guilt. V calorific but actually wasn’t that tasty - I was too hungry to care though!

This morning I’m going to head out for a run while he sleeps. Haven’t decided distance or time yet, just going to see how I feel. Don’t want to overdo it but I have plenty of time and it’s dry out, albeit cold, so we will see how it goes. Plan to follow that up with a nice brunch with the bf before I head home to put away the mountains of laundry I got done yesterday!

Hope you’re all having a good weekend and I’ll catch up with you later on x

Saturday goals recap:
    - kids up and dressed ready for their weekend away ✅
    - Warrior class 9:30 ✅
    - pet food shop ✅
    - house clean and finish laundry ✅ 4 hours plus! 6 loads of laundry, deep clean everywhere! Exhausted...!
    - head to bf’s house ✅
    - rest! ✅

Sunday goals:
    - morning run
    - Make brunch for bf
    - Put away laundry on arrival home
    - Check kids have finished homework etc on their return
    - Pack bags ready for school
    - Early night
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 24 March

I need to get back on track as I'm now over my planned maintenance weight! I've made guesses for food eaten on my break and was way over maintenance calories!

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January water challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge

Housework day in preparation for guests
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member

JFT 23 March

Log food Yes
    Stay in the green No, finished at 1450
    Check and pinch out my many many geranium cuttings Yes
    Dog sit Yes

Really wanted a takeaway last night as a weekend "treat", but didn't want to spoil my efforts of the last week. So made myself cook something at home, a little higher calories than normal but much better than buying food in.

After a couple of weeks not logging properly, since last Monday I've been making a big effort, logging and being either in the green or just over. And I've lost....not a blooming thing! Not a single ounce! Oh well, keep plodding on.

JFT 24th March

Move! It's after 9am and I haven't even showered and dressed yet.
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Visit parents
    After the dog sitting - poo pick up! (just for Bex :) )
    Laundry
    Keep calm

Not sure how today will pan out, but will keep calm as things change. I'm expecting my son D (the single one) to move back home today for a while. He will be starting a new job with better wages and will hopefully be able to save a bit and get back on track. He didn't really want to do this, so I hope it works out okay for him.

It will be nice having him around, but I'm aware it will affect my eating a bit. He can eat about 3 times the calories I can, so even if I stick to my "diet type" meals, I'll still see and smell what he's having! I will probably eat with him a lot of the time, just much smaller portions.

Whether my sons are here or not, I'm going to visit parents. My father is stuck in the house, mostly in bed, and I'm sure it gets boring for them.

Have a good day everyone :)

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    ]3/2319 sat.
    *Weigh: 155.2 lbs. yay!
    *Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water 🙂
    *Stay in Green 😞 Attended unexpected catered buffet at friend's daughter's graduation Recital from SMU. Wasn't too bad, but did go over.
    *Find way to work in exercise consistently 😐 Didnt try plan, but did do lots of unexpected walking since we got lost on the SMU campus. Lol.
    *Be in bed by midnight 😞 I passed out on the couch & didn't make it to bed until 2am. HH ah!

JFT 3/24/19 Sun.
    Weight:
    *4 glasses of water
    *stay in green
    *plan meals today thru Tuesday
    * find way to work in exercise
    * Be in bed by midnight

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. TRX workout
    3. Make healthy dinner
    4. Drink 100oz water
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    v5ur4imonuxr.jpg
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! Omg.. The Brazilian food was amazing!!!! We stopped at a beach bar on the way back (I go to that place maybe twice a year) and I really wanted a mudslide so I had that too. Needless to say, I was WAY over my calories, and then my mom put a cheese danish in front of us and my willpower was just gone..LOL.

I ended the day with roughly 3200 calories.. Yikes. But, I had a great time and this is a very once in a while kind of thing, so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it too much. I do want to see if I can have a low calorie day today so my weekly average is still a sliiiiight deficit ( I use average calories based on Monday through Sunday).

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Yesterday 3/23:

1. Stay within 2200 calories 😞😞
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps😞
    3. Do workout😁
    4. Have fun!😁

JFT 3/24:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Relax
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Saturday March 23 Determined
    2L of water - 👿
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    Plank Challenge -👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 👿

JFT - Sunday March 24 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Well yesterday was a day, except for all the doughnut dough, I only had one doughnut. I was craving chips last night and didn’t have any, but nothing was satisfying and I kept trying different things to curb the craving. Not the smartest move. Weight is up this morning, but I’m sure I’ll get it back down again.

I am watching the kids today while Lauryn is at work. Ryan texted me yesterday and asked if I wanted them or not, he has the day off. I told him I hadn’t decided and asked if he wanted to do something, he said he was invited to go gaming, but it was up to me. I told him I would take them, he thanked me and promised to give genuine smiles at our family photo shoot next weekend. That made me laugh out loud literally.

I have some things I need to do in the craft room and I really don’t want to sit back there by myself to do it. I think that is what is holding me back from getting them done. I need to suck it up and do it.

It’s another foggy morning here, not as bad as yesterday though.
    Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Bex953172 - oh the sneaky stage, what fun! Hopefully she stops that soon for you.

Jeschepp- the board always seems to get quiet on the weekends, too much going on for people.

Faebert - you are killing it!

Zizzybumble - I’m not doing so well either. I think I need to start measuring instead of guessing again AND I need to get busy instead of being so bored. I’m doing too much boredom snacking.

Littleblackskirt - It will be nice company having your son home again, but I can also imagine the apprehension of the eating. I need to rein mine in some because of my husband.

Elbee1 - you and I are putting off this exercising together. Maybe we should try doing it together lol

Awhit - you are doing great

Aubyshortcake - sounds like a wonderful day.

Maryrobinson40 - I have been having glitches with MFP too. You better not fade into the background. We would sure miss you. I hope the doctor can fix you up right quick.

• tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,294 Member
    edited March 2019
    tuddy315 wrote: »

JFT. 3/23/19
    Vacuum and dust
    Rake twigs and limbs from front yard and burn😇
    Log everything😇
    6 glasses of water😇

Spent most of the day outside yesterday since it is going to rain today.

JFT 3/24/19
    Vacuum and dust
    Laundry
    Log everything
    Drink water
    Clean bathrooms
    Walk on treadmill
  • PackerFanInGB
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    3/21/19 Thurs
    Re: exercise in mornings. That used to be my favorite time to do it. Just cause you start the day so energized. I know at first it will take a while to work up to that point. I am a night owl now, but I can become an early bird, once again. Another reason I like to do in the morning, is things seem to come up at night ...so hard to make myself stick with an exercise plan when either a crisis pops up or a dinner invitation. It's hard to turn down dinner/socializing being married, I think. I have to consider that my husband who rarely exercises at this time is a very social person. He won't go without me, tho.
    Just got to get the bedtime down.

If you come up with a good way to switch from night owl to morning person, please share how! I need to do this also. I used to be an early bird but the older I get the harder it is for me to get up for some reason. I think it is because at night when everyone is sleeping is the only time I get alone for my "quiet" time. But if I could switch it around, I'd have quiet time in the morning and that would be even better!

@Bex953172 It sounds like you've got a nice set up there for the girls! I know it is a lot of work right now, but I'm really happy for you!

@Snowflake1968 I'm so happy to hear about the interviews and how well they went! YAY YOU! I love the memory of your grandma and the homemade donuts that you shared. I could picture you as a little girl struggling to get to grandma's. I have memories of my grandma that literally still clutch my heart. :smile:

@mytime6630 I love this last WW lesson. it's something I need to work on. Have a wonderful time with your grandsons!

@HEGoddard0928 I'm sorry to ear about the concussion! UGH. I still have a headache every single morning and it's been since last December. Take care of yourself!

:mrgreen: Sending everyone hugs and smiles! I finally got caught up in past posts (took me 3 evenings! Holy crow! I'd love to go back and comment on them all but I just don't have that good of a memory!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Mary,

Hope the swelling goes down quickly

I have the same problem on my iPad, hopefully it will sort itself out. You can't disappear from here, we'd miss your joyous posts.