JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    There were over 100 posts that I've missed, so like many other things, I'm starting fresh from here on out. I hope you all are well and the posts I missed were filled with mirth and happiness.

I've pretty much been eating, drinking and shopping to try to bring my life into line for the past week. We all know that doesn't work, and yes I just feel awful about negating my progress. I thought about coming back and acting like nothing happened because I'm ashamed of myself for behaving so foolishly over something I should be able to shake off by now. Oh well, tomorrow is another day, right? For tomorrow I will try to do better. I will set my goals like I was successfully doing for the past few weeks and try to settle back into a healthy rhythm.

On an up note, my retail therapy landed me a new vehicle and I am no longer sporting the minivan. I love the Acadia. It's decked out and pretty sweet, but I do kind of miss all of the storage the minivan had.

You dont have to pretend nothing has happened, in fact its better to accept itz been an awful time for you and forgive yourself! Its okay to have a bad time, its okay to have a "dark day" in the year (i know i do)
    Sometimes, reallly really bad things happen, and youre right, we should be able to just shake it off, but when somethings had that much of an impact it can be hard to.
    But feeling ashamed that you couldnt handle it? Dont ever feel like that. You wouldnt say that to your best friend, so dont speak to yourself like that!

Youre right, tomorrow is a new day, tomorrow you could make even one small change and even if you only complete one goal, its still one dtep in ghe right direction!

Hugs to you, its good to see you back (see! A positive already!)
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    t9q4p0viwmsd.png

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    *hugs*

Thanks everyone. Sadly, break isn't until week AFTER next. The one bright spot is that this is my last week of coursework for the class I'm currently in... so I'll get a break from THAT which will hopefully... HOPEFULLY ... let me get finished up with grading before my break from teaching.

I'm just getting less and less willing to accept the whole idea of spending hours and hours and HOUUURS on the weekend grading papers. Is it because I'm getting old? I thought people got more conservative when they got older but I'm over here going DOWN WITH CAPITALISM! and grumbling about the necessity of employment XD

Gotta go work on my Stupid Essay © some more. Probably I'll be back later to gripe again ;)
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    JFT: CONSISTENCY
    Love myself!!
    Bed earlier & set the clock
    Take photo of garage pile
    Get papers ready for inspection
    Log all
    fluids
    walk dog
    study at least 1 hr
    prep for tomorrow
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone.
    Lol…... If you find mistyping in my posts... Forgive me. My new prescription glasses have come in, but
    I haven't picked them up yet, Doooo...yeahhhh... LMBO.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday

- Be in the green :)
    - Try out amazon prime exercise video ❌
    - Drink 4 cups of water❌
    - get atleast 3 loads of laundry washed dried and put away.❌
    - Get my box emptied and put away.❌
    - weigh in (uh oh..)❌

LOL i was quite happy until i did this!

Im just glad im in the green! 400 cals in the green!
    I only got 2 cups of water in but i dont mind that either.

I got 1 load of washing done, kinda forgot about it!

And the only reason i didnt do the exercise video or my box is because i decided to paint instead!
    So atleast i have a lovely white door and window sill now!

Think i might treat myself to some crisps! Food wise ive had a really successful day!
    I definitely dont feel as bloated!

Ive got terrible heartburn though recently!
    I would say i was pregnant again if i didnt have the coil!! Its the only time i get heartburn this bad!
    No more babies are coming from me LOL

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - you are always so supportive. I just love you to bits.

@toaljasa - that’s me doing a plank too, the elephant, not the pretty girl.

@clicketykeys - I think it’s terrible that teachers are expected to spend so much of their personal time working. I don’t have any answers but I certainly empathize and understand where you are coming from.

@maryrobinson40 - I don’t know about your typing, but I’m having trouble reading. Your mistyping I was ready as misty - ping and it took me rereading a few times before I comprehended it. Maybe I’m tired too. 😂

I wanted to add, I went to a friends and practiced on Excel for about three hours today and I never received the tests. I am going to review the job description again before going to bed and in the morning and hope and pray it all goes well tomorrow.

Hoping and praying for you too @snowflake1968. All the best x
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    ddefxpeizrmi.jpg
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT Friday

- Be in the green
    - 4 cups of water
    - Exercise (or decorate)
    - 2 loads of washing
    - Empty my box (do this before 3pm)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @littleblackskirt Well done for doing them exercises, sometimes i think people think too much about doing something rather than actially doing it lol!

Make sure you do them again today!!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 955 Member
    Options

JFT 21 March

Log food Yes
    Stay in the green Yes
    Back exercises Yes! Thanks to Bex :)
    Stay calm when son D is stressing me Well yes, he didn't turn up
    More laundry No
    Walk with friend Yes, 55 minutes in the country

JFT 22nd March

Log food
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Visit parents
    Re-read back book to refresh memory
    Housework
    Walk

@Bex953172 , Yes Mam! I will do my exercises :)

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Already know today is going to be stressful. Take timeouts and don’t let it get to you Eh, ok i guess
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Barre class👍
    5. One healthy post dinner snack👍

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Spin class
    3. Healthy dinner
    4. One healthy post dinner snack
    5. Employee who is driving me crazy is leaving early today, so make it 4 hours without yelling at him.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. No AM run. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. CLUBS TODAY.
    3. Class 1-2: Return and correct relative pronoun worksheet. Research - Day 2 checkoff for bonus; finish Day 2-3.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. FINISH GRADING PROJECTS. Enter absences in system and get subs. Check with C - is field trip professional leave? B - Enter projects; grade homeworks. C - Draft & print lesson plans. D - Call more parents. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises.
    5. Class 4: Continue subordinate conjunctions. Poetry. No homework. Make sure you have all cords!
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. LW after school. Submit essay. Check in with B - lunch? Read 10 pages of Capital, 5 of Ivanhoe. Update Goodreads.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Z arrives tonight!
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Well, I did absolutely NO exercise yesterday afternoon. However, I did manage to finish the essay and complete my exam. So... definitely not nothing. But I was aided by copious amounts of whiskey. It mixes REALLY well with peach soda! And then between the essay and the exam we went to McDonald's and I got a McDouble and it was delicious and my husband went to Burger King and I ate probably half of his fries. And that was a treat in ADDITION to dinner, which was a more nutritionally sensible (yet massive) omelet with egg whites, ground beef, spinach, and cheese. YUM.

Hopefully that was the bottom of the pit :(
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday!! Thank you for the kind words 😊.

@Snowflake1968 strong curves is a lifting program by Bret Contreras. There are a few programs, the one I'm doing is the at home version and I sub in the weights where I have them. Good luck today!!!!

@nlmackey98 don't beat yourself up! You're going through a hard time and you're human. The fact that you came back and talked about it shows your determination. 🌸🌺💮🌹

Yesterday 3/21:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Finish work at 5:15😁
    4. Clean guest bathroom😁
    5. Clear off guest bed😁

JFT 3/22:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Clean out car (it's so grosssssss)
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    3/21/19 Thurs
    *Weigh: 156 lbs
    *Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water 🙂 Had 6
    *Stay in Green 😞 Well, intentions were good, just made mistake, & it put me in the red. Not from giving in to myself or anything just stupid mistake--not calculating correctly & didn't listen to my body which might have told me that I was full. Oh well. I'm still one determined person!
    *Find way to work in exercise consistently 🙂 Well, although I didn't do it this morning, I did decide the best time for me is mornings. So, now it's a matter of getting to bed early enough so I can work the plan.
    *Be in bed by midnight 😞 I did better, was in the bed by 1am.

3/22/19 Fri.
    *weight:
    *4 glasses of water
    *stay in green
    *plan meals tomorrow thru Tuesday
    * find way to work in exercise
    * Be in bed midnight

@Snowflake1968 you're doing great with your weight loss!
    Thanks so much for the great story regarding your Mom & brother. That's amazing about how she was even to stop the insulin!!! Wow! So inspirational!
    Re: exercise in mornings. That used to be my favorite time to do it. Just cause you start the day so energized. I know at first it will take a while to work up to that point. I am a night owl now, but I can become an early bird, once again. Another reason I like to do in the morning, is things seem to come up at night ...so hard to make myself stick with an exercise plan when either a crisis pops up or a dinner invitation. It's hard to turn down dinner/socializing being married, I think. I have to consider that my husband who rarely exercises at this time is a very social person. He won't go without me, tho.
    Just got to get the bedtime down.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday March 21 Determined
    2L of water - 😒 1.5
    Calories in green - 😒 in red by 25
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 🙂 35.38 seconds
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😒 2, but I was hungry and the second one was an orange.
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Friday March 22 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Well today is the day, I am up early after having weird dreams.
    Has anyone ever had a recurring dream, I have had the same dream off and on for years. I am living in this big old farmhouse with my young girls and there is a whole wing of the house that is available to me. It’s full of antiques and things I love but I never use the stuff or the space. I bet you I’ve had this dream 20 or 30 times in my life. I bet there is a message in there somewhere but I haven’t figured it out yet, maybe when I do I’ll stop having it. Maybe I need to have a dream diary.

Anyway enough about my dream, other than that I slept surprisingly well. I usually don’t when I’m fretting about something, but maybe my mantra, “if it’s for me I’ll get it” is keeping me calmer than I normally would be in this situation.

I learned what the governing body is yesterday and have read the job description a few times. I’ll read it once more and call it good.

Then it will be time to go for the interview.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Faebert - I couldn’t go out walking that early in the morning I would be way too nervous. I don’t know how you can work all day after being up at those times. It’s Friday!

Maryrobinson40- I sure love the Charlie Brown message!

Awhit4842 - I have never yelled at an employee, but I sure do understand the sentiment. Sometimes they like to push our buttons, just like kids. I was asked when interviewing on Monday if I would be satisfied in a non-management/supervisory role. My answer was “yes, that’s what I’m looking for”.

Clicketykeys - you got through the day, that’s what counts. Do you have a break with your exams and essays now?

Aubyshortcake - I’ll have a look for that exercise program. I think I need to start including some strength training of some kind.

Elbee1- I am a firm believer that the best time to do exercise is “when you’ll actually do it”. My husband is a hermit so I end up being home a lot more than I would like. We never do anything together and it makes me very unhappy, so I would accept all those invitations too.

Thank you all for the positive vibes and well wishes!!!!