JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    @Elbee1 Don't let the day to day changes get you down. Honestly, I think I can change a few pounds between morning and night, or with a salty/water-retaining meal! Look at the big picture and the progress you are making that doesn't show on the scale.

JFT (3/19)
    drink 80 oz. water ✅ -discovered one of my water bottles is 3 cups not 4 so I've been over calculating my water intake, whoops!
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups ✅
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories ✅
    exercise 30 minutes :( late day
    go to bed between 9-10 ✅
    track all food/exercise ✅
    post on JFT ✅

Great job on meeting all your goals!!! Especially the going to bed between 9-10. I'm striving for midnight but haven't achieved it but maybe once in the last few weeks. I'll get there, tho, thanks to folks like you who inspire me.

And, yes, in the day to day ups & downs. I do know this in my head & it's why i don't mind the daily weigh ins to keep me motivated. But sometimes I will just complain. Lol. So, it is nice to have the extra reinsurance so I thank you so much for the reminder to know that this is just the way things work & not to get down if I have a bad reading some days.

Keep up the great work you are doing!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Get back to the gym after a week off👍holy crap my muscles are sore today!
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Meditate👍
    5. One healthy snack after dinner👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Workout at home after work
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. One healthy snack after dinner
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Tues - got home later than usual and roasted cauliflower steaks. Finally tried making it (thanks @mary) and it was actually good. dh already had a pizza going (all his) so today's food o:) .

@bex Just start with something! Pick whatever you can maintain and START.
    Good Morning and much love @cory17
    Have a great day🌹👏👏
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT 19th March

Log food Yes
    Stay in the green Yes
    Back exercises No
    Go into town centre to collect new glasses (really don't want to do this!) Yes
    Food shopping Yes
    March challenge - walk Walked into town

Didn't actually "go for a walk" but did walk into the pedestrianized town centre. Made the effort to dress nicely instead of just pulling on a fleece :) The item I wanted in the chemist was on the very bottom shelf, I bent really carefully but still hurt my back. So had to walk back to my car verrryyy slowly with my fist pushed into my back to ease it. Not exactly the look I was going for lol! Looking on the bright side, this particular pain eases after a few hours, so could be worse.

JFT 20th March

Log food
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Housework
    Laundry
    Walk

@littleblackskirt ... Sorry about your back, but extremely proud of your efforts!! Hugs!! Love you and
    take it easy. You're doing a good job 👏 🌹🌹🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Wednesday 20 March

Try to log accurately
    Aim to be in the green
    Aim for 5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge

I am off for a 2 night break with family to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary. I will make sensible choices but I am not going to allow these goals to influence decisions on what we do. There may not be the opportunity to meet Fitbit goals and eating lunch and dinner out may make it a challenge to stay in the green!

@ZizzyBumble. .... Good Morning! I love you. So glad you're a part of us. You're appreciated🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all. Up early and having a coffee as I prepare myself to get out and run in a bit. The weather is quite mild so it’s a good day for it. Aiming to hit 10K again (exactly this time, after accidentally miscalculating and stopping a few metres too early last week lol!). It’s a bit of a risk to push myself hard today as I have parent consultation meetings this evening. But, given I’m out of class in planning this morning, then have three hours plus of sitting in meetings after school, it will be good to rack up 10000 steps plus before work!

Yesterday was good - stayed on track and made it to my daughter’s show. She was amazing - proud and emotional mummy!

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Do little one’s face paint for animal charity walk ✅ actually made a mask on her last-minute request at 7am 🙄
    - Reply to parent email on arrival ✅
    - Water - avoid tiredness snacking ✅
    - Speak to boss re leaving early next week ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - Parents evening prep after work 😐 did some but prob not enough
    - Large snack before daughter’s concert or home early for quick dinner ✅ had a snack, and enjoyed a good dinner after
    - Concert at 6:30 ✅
    - Early night (non-negotiable, long run and parents eve tomorrow!!) ✅

Wednesday goals:
    - morning run
    - Early to work (staff choir and planning handover)
    - Buy milk and chocolate/cake sprinkles on way to work
    - Planning time: finish parents’ eve prep
    - Water - stay hydrated!!
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake. Take extra snack for parents eve
    - money for piano teacher
    - Make cake pops for bake sale with the kids on arrival home
    - Early night

Have a great wednesday all! X

@Faebert ... You're amazing! I love you! You, Carmela, Bex, Snowflake, mytime , keep me feeling such
    a part of this. Your positive, fiesty vibes keep me pumping.. Hugs!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    aqbksulvr9xw.jpg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 right back atcha! Love your positivity and your care for us all x
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters now :)
    3. Eat packed lunch >:) dang pizza party!
    4. Qt with dh :| passed out on the couch
    5. Cook dinner at home - raviolis
    6. Eat afternoon snack >:) not hungry after pizza
    7. Update this list later :)
    8. Shower :)
    9. Pick out clothes :)
    10. Bed by 930 :)

JFT Weds AM
    1. Up by 555 :)
    2. Smoothie >:)
    3. Fish oil :)
    4. Start grocery list :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters!
    3. 10 squats/bathroom trip
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Work until 4
    6. Be postive and kind
    7. Aldi trip
    8. Update this list later
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,338 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    I just found this thread! It may be just what I need to keep motivated and on target.

JFT 3/19/19

Log EVERYTHING!!!! :/
    Drink 8 glasses of water :/ Only got 5 in
    Get up from my computer every hour and walk around for 5 minutes o:)
    Nothing to eat or drink after 8pm :/
    No tablet games after 8pm :/
    Read before bed :/
    Apply moisturizer and oils before bed :/
    Meditate - clear my mind from the happenings of the day
    :/

Well, one out of 8 isn't too bad, is it? LOL!!! I think I am going to list just a couple until I get those mastered. I am wondering if anyone else has a problem with heartburn when drinking water. I get really bad heartburn. Tap water in this city is horrible so I drink bottled or Culligan. Any suggestions? Drinking hot tea doesn't seen to bother me but can I count that as water?

So, here is my JFT list 3/20/19

Log everything
    Walk around for 5 minutes every hour
    Walk on my treadmill for at least 1/2 hour
  • jontracy99
    jontracy99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I crushed my fat burning workout routine today! Struggled through but I know the outcome and results are going to be worth it!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    Me too. Not on fatty liver, but I'm happy with my progress, too, over the past couple weeks. I, too, am buckling down & doing it this time. I'm not sure if diet & exercise can reverse my high cholesterol & high blood sugar, but I'm sure hoping so. Why, oh why, did I wait so long to really get serious when I knew how likely it would be to affect my health like this?! Regardless, I can't go back in time & undo the self-inflicted harm that I did, but I am trying to improve things, now. Just hope it's not too little, too late for me.

Yesterday, I did have some evil thoughts creep into my head on the way home from work whereby I pass at least 4 ice cream places, every known fast food restaurant, several Starbucks, my favorite restaurants, and the delicious smells walking from the building to my car... it's the first time that I had difficulty holding back since the blood results a couple weeks ago. I told myself, well if I get on medication then can stop & eat it. Lots of people do that--my parents, 2 of my brothers, etc. But, Yay Me! I held it together & somehow managed to overcome those bad thoughts.

Wow! Great job in buckling down. Picture or even write down your vision. How do you see yourself a year from now if you strive for good health? What is your attitude? How do you look? What are you wearing? What is your anxiety level? Are you feeling more empowered?

Something I heard the other day and am working to implement: When you feel the pull of the ice cream, etc. say to yourself, out loud: I want lower cholesterol MORE THAN I want ice cream; I want lower blood sugar MORE THAN I want ice cream; I want to be med free MORE THAN I want ice cream.

The battle is in our mind and it is real.

I am very proud of you and am using you to inspire me to make good choices today.

Peace and joy!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,485 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Recap T 3/19
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water = net cals -59, sodium -860, sugar -1, fiber excellent, protein ok, 13c water... all in all not a bad day. :)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 16,703 / 250+ 13/14 & 62 floors :smiley:
    3) Walk dog after work = 3.49 mi 1:02:39 B) happy dog and happy me
    4) Evening: wash towels (start as soon as I get home) :) / make mushroom barley soup :) / boil eggs :) / put away clean dishes :) / clean Kitty's bathroom :D didn't want to but thought of this list / fold hubby's work shirts :) / declutter 15 min. :( nope no energy left / start grocery list/meal plans :)
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :s / FLOSS :smiley: / retainers :) / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :| 10:30?

JFT W 3/20 ~ first day of spring!
    1) Rest day / move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals and snacks prelogged / net cals w/i 100 of zero / 14c water
    3) Evening happy hour with former colleagues/friends at Irish pub / have preselected & logged my dinner choice / stick with choice / enjoy 1 adult beverage in company of friends
    4) Race home to care for pets
    5) Lent service 7:00 / prep lunch and clothes for Th workplace hike at lunchtime
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed and TV off 10:20 (x-train before work R a.m.)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    I just found this thread! It may be just what I need to keep motivated and on target.

Well, one out of 8 isn't too bad, is it? LOL!!! I think I am going to list just a couple until I get those mastered. I am wondering if anyone else has a problem with heartburn when drinking water. I get really bad heartburn. Tap water in this city is horrible so I drink bottled or Culligan. Any suggestions? Drinking hot tea doesn't seen to bother me but can I count that as water?

So, here is my JFT list 3/20/19

Log everything
    Walk around for 5 minutes every hour
    Walk on my treadmill for at least 1/2 hour

Greetings, Tuddy, and welcome to JFT! We are big on progress, not perfection, around here :smile: You did fantastic in keeping your walking goal...and that's not easy to do. I can get easily distracted and realize it's two hours or more! So good job.

I include hot tea in my 8 cup count. I drink herbal tea without sugar. Also, you might try hot water with lemon. And lastly, I also drink flavored sparkling waters such as LaCroix. No added sugars, no artificial sweeteners or flavors.

Keep coming back on here. Keep posting your goals. Keep pushing yourself a bit more each day.

Peace and joy.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday March 19 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 outside!!!!!!!
    Plank Challenge - 🙂 38.37 seconds
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😒 2 see below
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Wednesday March 20 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I was hungry last night and had 300+ calories left after my evening snack so decided to have cereal and toast. I counted out the calories and chose my portion. I ate it, went to log it and realized I had forgotten to add the milk in my calculation. So I ate it, and then I danced in the living room to get my calories back in the green. I consider that a win!

Today I am taking Michaela with Lauryn to get sized for her flower girl dress. I am not looking forward to the battle when she doesn’t get to leave with a new dress. She loves her dresses. We will then pick Jonah up from school and they will come out for supper. I’ll have to take them back in later.

I am hoping I hear one way or the othe on the job this week. I have applied for some more yesterday, but I would like to know.

I hope everyone has a successful day reaching their goals!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    PackerfaninGB- you must be so happy to have the parcel mailed off. I can’t wait to see pictures of it with Casey!

Mytime6630 - you seem to have a new mindset. It’s wonderful to read your successes especially since you have the disability matter going on.
    I used to only do scavenger hunts with my girls and never hid eggs. The start was always a basket or pail and the end of the hunt was a big chocolate bunny, some eggs and usually a stuffed bunny. I hid two things in each location so there was no fights. I hid ponytail holders,barrettes, books, little handheld games from the dollar store, etc. I just started with one clue that was on the table and worked on the clues after I had my hiding spots planned out. It was fun and they loved it!

Faebert - hope you made your 10K like you wanted. You have a lot on the go this week, but you sound positive about it not stressed, your doing well!

Zizzybumble - have a wonderful time, I agree with you for not worrying so much about the goals. When I have something big coming up I don’t worry about it either. I don’t do a lot out of my routine so it really is treat days for me.

Bookmeister86 - I can see how Danger Tuesday could be an issue. I hated staying late after work especially when everyone else would be leaving. Have you thought about taking something for dinner with you so instead of snacking you are actually having dinner at your usual time?
    I did do one of my projects yesterday and went for a walk. Today I have a plan to do things and I have planned tomorrow and Friday too.

Littleblackskirt- that’s insane! Here, tenants pay a damage deposit that is usually equivalent to a months rent. It is to cover the cost of new paint, carpet cleaning, etc for the landlords in the event of any, you guessed it, damages. The tenant has to do an inspection with the landlord before moving in and upon cleaning after moving out and if everything is the same as when you moved in you get the damage deposit back.
    Do you have a slipped disc or something in your back? My Dad and daughter suffered from those I know the pain they were in before their surgeries.

Bex953172 - I guess you do get to pick what you like, but that’s a huge expense isn’t it? Is it every room? That would cost $1000’s here.

Elbee1 - I am a night owl at heart, I couldn’t imagine waking up early to exercise. I do all of mine in the evening. Yesterday I went for a walk in the afternoon and it was nice, but traffic was heavier and more people were out and stopped me to chat!

Clicketykeys - I hope you get caught up so you get the break too. You need it Desperately I think.

Cory17 - my husband like “junkier” food than me so I make a lot of 2 meal dinners. It’s a pain, but it works for us.

Tuddy315 - I personally don’t count tea because I only like it with milk and sugar, but I see on a lot of boards people that drink it with no additives count it as water. I don’t see why you couldn’t. I do get heartburn occasionally from water, I blame it on drinking to fast and not sipping. I’ve never talked to a doctor about it, so don’t know if my thought process is scientifically possible or not though.

Maryrobinson40- I just love your infectious upbeat personality!
  • toaljasa
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I have to share something humorous that just happened that is completely OT...so scroll on by if that will be buggy for you... I'm at my laptop (obviously) and all of a sudden Alexa begins playing music from my "bedroom" playlist...I think my hubs (who is at work) is sending a message!!!
    m5hlpi70r2qz.png
  • toaljasa
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @mytime6630 My My My...look at you! I love reading these victory posts from you. They are making my heart glad. Keep pushing forward and practicing your word for the year :) Doing a happy dance now.
    h0p5mv4fw5ht.png