JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    @snowflake1968
    Yeah it will cost alot.
    The kitchen already has lino in.
    So we need to laminate the dining room, entrance hall and lino/tile bathroom.
    We need to carpet the lounge, stairs and upstairs hall, and 3 bedrooms.

Some places round here though do free measuring amd fitting..

I figured out that the reason they strip the houses is because a) health and safety? And b) theyre responsible for anything they put in. So theyre responsible for the structure of the house, the plumbing, heating and electric, windows (we already have 2 cracked one which theyre replacing next week,)

So if they put carpets in, theyre responsible for it, so when it gets worn, we could technicaly ask for them to redo it. Which costs alot more than stripping it out!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Tuesday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :)
    3. track liquids, at least 8C water :) 9
    4. go to gym--cardio/weight workout :smiley:
    5. no social eating at work :)

Wednesday:
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. track liquids, at least 8C water
    4. go to gym--cardio/weight workout
    5. no social eating at work
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member

Bookmeister86 - I can see how Danger Tuesday could be an issue. I hated staying late after work especially when everyone else would be leaving. Have you thought about taking something for dinner with you so instead of snacking you are actually having dinner at your usual time?
    I did do one of my projects yesterday and went for a walk. Today I have a plan to do things and I have planned tomorrow and Friday too.

I'm not sure about having dinner at work, I'm generally talking about staying till 7 and wouldn't normally eat till some time after then anyway. It would mean I would have to stay even longer at work to eat it (needing to heat it up and all) and also then I wouldn't get to eat with the boyfriend which would make him sad.

But I do think perhaps I should consider bringing SOMETHING to eat. It's generally not huge hunger I feel, just a need for a 'pick me up' - something sweet to give me a bit of a boost (physical and emotional!) to help me push through the last bit of work.

I'll have to think of something not too calorific that might fit the criteria....

The other alternative is that i find something else to give me that 'boost' instead of food. I'm wondering if I should get out and have a quick walk or something. I think sometimes the frustration is actually cabin fever at being trapped at a desk/in meetings all day with nowhere to go to get away. There is literally nowhere to go to get space inside and that impacts me mentally I think too, more than I realise. But going outside is pain in the *kitten* because I work on the fifth floor, the lifts are stupidly slow, and there's nowhere to go outside but concrete jungle fill of traffic anyway!!! :s
  • bookmeister86
    I’ll catch up on posts this evening but wanted to tell all of you that I have received a call back to meet the owner and office manager on Friday at 10!!!!!

I’m going to spend the day tomorrow learning some financial management lingo so I sound intelligent!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

So happy to hear this news :smile:
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    I’ll catch up on posts this evening but wanted to tell all of you that I have received a call back to meet the owner and office manager on Friday at 10!!!!!

I’m going to spend the day tomorrow learning some financial management lingo so I sound intelligent!
    rdjesumhuvog.png
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member

Oh how lovely! :D
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member

Brilliant news! So excited for you x
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    Weekly weigh-in averaged over 7 days
    rbplshlwjmhs.png

I received another email regarding the position, and they are sending me and Excel and Word test to take. I am sick to my stomach that this is an advanced exam. I have not used Excel to its full capacity since 2010 and I took a couple of practice tests online and failed! I am going to get up early in the morning and try to do a few practice sheets to see how it goes, man it's hard to believe how much you lose when you don't use it. I know I can pick it up very fast, but I don't have time to spare. I have never had to take a test before for a job, so this is a little surprising to me, if I had thought this was a thing, I would have been practicing in all of this free time I've had.

I think for tonight I will relax and not worry about it, if it's meant to be it will be.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    @Bex953172 - That all makes sense, its just so completely different from here. Beautiful cake.
  • Faebert
    Weekly weigh-in averaged over 7 days
    rbplshlwjmhs.png

I received another email regarding the position, and they are sending me and Excel and Word test to take. I am sick to my stomach that this is an advanced exam. I have not used Excel to its full capacity since 2010 and I took a couple of practice tests online and failed! I am going to get up early in the morning and try to do a few practice sheets to see how it goes, man it's hard to believe how much you lose when you don't use it. I know I can pick it up very fast, but I don't have time to spare. I have never had to take a test before for a job, so this is a little surprising to me, if I had thought this was a thing, I would have been practicing in all of this free time I've had.

I think for tonight I will relax and not worry about it, if it's meant to be it will be.

Oh that’s stressful! And quite annoying to give you no notice. Hopefully it’s just a basic test to make sure you are at least familiar with MS Office and can enter data accurately. Good on you for trying to relax. X
  • Faebert
    @Bex953172 - lovely cake. Hope you enjoyed it x
  • Faebert
    Had a good day yesterday. Did the full 10k (just over actually) run. I hit fastest mile, fastest 5k and longest run records according to my fitness watch so I’m delighted! Also managed to do it without leaving myself crippled with muscle soreness like last week so, progress!

A long day though. Parents evening at my school finished late. Annoying because I kept on time with the appointments until one set of parents turned up late and then someone came right at the end without an appointment. Got home and relieved my mum of childcare duties then jumped straight into making the cake pops for my kids’ school bake sale!

Boyfriend called in the evening so chatted to him for a bit and didn’t get to sleep as early as planned. But I feel ok this morning and will be ok to push through. Fewer appointments tonight so hopefully less crazy and home a bit earlier.

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ and so happy with all the new personal bests 😄
    - Early to work (staff choir and planning handover) ✅
    - Buy milk and chocolate/cake sprinkles on way to work ✅
    - Planning time: finish parents’ eve prep ✅
    - Water - stay hydrated!! ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake. Take extra snack for parents eve ✅
    - money for piano teacher ✅
    - Make cake pops for bake sale with the kids on arrival home ✅
    - Early night ❎

Thursday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Buy Greek yoghurt and coffee on way to work
    - Water - stay hydrated
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake. Take extra snack for parents eve
    - Remember parent presentation at 1:45
    - Amazon shop
    - Catch up on texts/emails after work
    - Early night

Have a great day everyone x
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Quick one!

JFT (3/20)
    drink 80 oz. water ✅
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups :(
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories ✅
    exercise 30 minutes :(
    go to bed between 9-10 :(
    track all food/exercise ✅
    post on JFT ✅

JFT (3/21)
    drink 80 oz. water
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories
    exercise 30 minutes
    go to bed between 9-10
    track all food/exercise
    post on JFT
  • bookmeister86
    Urgh, I feel like rubbish. I didn't sleep well on Tuesday night and hence yesterday was really difficult. I struggled to get things done and I found things upset me more than they would normally. I then had a French test in which I genuinely felt cognitively impaired by tiredness. I could feel my brain being slow. I then got home at 9.30, had to make dinner, ring the boyfriend, then attempt to wind down to make way for sleep. Sleep subsequently didn't happen until 4, 4.30???? And all that time I felt stressed and panicky and angry and sad. I hate being awake in the middle of the night, it feels really isolating and lonely. And I was literally alone as the boyfriend is away for one more night still, which really didn't help the situation.

So, I'm running on 2-3 hours sleep, having already had a sleep deficit, and feel like rubbish. I have some really hard stuff to work on today, and on top of that I have to give a speech this evening, which I have to finish writing this lunchtime. I won't get home from the event where I'm giving a speech till 10, so once again I won't have any chance for a break or any fun.

Sorry for the massive rant, this week just SUCKS!! I can't wait for it to be done. Next week shouldn't be as bad.

I think I'm just going to be kind to myself today. I may not make a massive dent in the problem I have to work on - that's ok. I'm not a machine. I'm not getting any sodding help with it, so it's no wonder it's taking me a while. I'll be done with it when I'm done with it and they (my bosses) can bloody lump it!!

(I'm feeling pretty angry at my boss because one of the things that upset me yesterday was my annual review, where the comments from him were, in my view, rather unfair. I won't go into them because this post is long enough, but suffice it to say that I feel he is an ungrateful *kitten* and clearly doesn't fully appreciate me)

I'm going to calm down now and go to my happy place in my mind :smile:

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :neutral: I ate my pre-french crisps while walking, that was planned
    - Savour every bite :neutral: Most of it, for once - not the crisps though
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/ Forgot this
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smile: Haha, I had a half hour conversation with myself on the way to French about having or not having a second packet of crisps. I won.
    - Give myself credit! :neutral: A little, during the argument with myself - I told myself I'd done super well up until that point and it would be a shame to render those efforts pointless

- 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Revise for French test :/ It went ok though, notwithstanding the tiredness
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :neutral: 1 only
    - FINISH WORK AT 5PM :/
    - Pack stuff for running :/ Decided sleep was a priority
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :/ 11.45 by the time I'd finished speaking to boyfriend, getting ready for bed, attempting to wind down

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!

- 1h lunch break
    - Finish speech
    - Meditate
    - Finish work by 5.30
    - Gratitude journal

Weekly calorie balance: 740 in red

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: by winning the argument with myself about eating more crisps - despite having massive cravings for them due to sleep deprivation!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,041 Member

Littleblackskirt-
    Do you have a slipped disc or something in your back? My Dad and daughter suffered from those I know the pain they were in before their surgeries.

No, I don't have a slipped disc. I think most of my problems stem from having scoliosis, so my spine isn't straight. It's like one leg feels longer, one shoulder is higher. So the pressure which goes down the spine is not all on the bone, but a bit on the discs as well. Sometimes I have a bulging disc, which is agony, sometimes sciatica, sometimes a rib moves. And all the time the "wear and tear".
    It does impact what I can do, and I find it very frustrating, but I manage. I've been able to work and earn.

It's interesting that your Dad and daughter both had surgery, I hope it was successful. Here, surgery is seen as a last resort, with only a 50/50 success rate, and a chance of being worse afterwards. 0
    Sorry for wittering on, you'll wish you hadn't asked lol. I don't talk about it much IRL, would be a bit boring for others :)

Good luck with the test, my fingers are still crossed for you!

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Workout at home after work👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. One healthy snack after dinner👎 let stress get to me and before I knew it, I had emptied a bag of granola.

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Already know today is going to be stressful. Take timeouts and don’t let it get to you
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Barre class
    5. One healthy post dinner snack
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,041 Member

JFT 20th March

Log food Yes
    Stay in the green No, was 4 calories over :)
    Back exercises No...again!
    Housework Yes
    Laundry Did half, and some ironing
    Walk No

I need to have a strict talk to myself! My 2 aims for 2019 were to lose weight and increase muscle around my back to see if it helped. So why do I not do the exercises? I do find it boring and uncomfortable but that's not an excuse.

JFT 21 March

Log food
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Stay calm when son D is stressing me
    More laundry
    Walk with friend

Mfp says I've logged in for 60 days :)

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member

JFT 20th March

Log food Yes
    Stay in the green No, was 4 calories over :)
    Back exercises No...again!
    Housework Yes
    Laundry Did half, and some ironing
    Walk No

I need to have a strict talk to myself! My 2 aims for 2019 were to lose weight and increase muscle around my back to see if it helped. So why do I not do the exercises? I do find it boring and uncomfortable but that's not an excuse.

JFT 21 March

Log food
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Stay calm when son D is stressing me
    More laundry
    Walk with friend

Mfp says I've logged in for 60 days :)

Well done on the 60 days!
    How long does it take you to do the exercises?

Dont think about doing them, just get up and do them!

The losing weight is a slow on-going process, so just make sure thats going in the right direction, no matter how slow!