• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thurs
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters! :|
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Be positive and kind :)
    5. Cook dinner at home - grilled chicken w/ salad :)
    6. Update this list later :)
    7. Shower :)
    8. Pick out clothes :)
    9. Move laundry :)

JFT
    1. Up by 555 :)
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Fish oil :)
    4. Check list before leaving and take fish oil if you forgot. >:)
    4. Set Up new online banking, PayPal? >:)
    5. Check payroll status :)
    6. Reschedule oil changr to Wednesday :)
    7. Bring car loan documents to work >:)
    8. Pack lunch - chicken salad sandwich and crackers :)

JFT Friday!
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters! Refill now
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Remain positive and kind
    5. QT with DH before dinner
    6. 10 wall push ups/bathroom trip
    7. Update this list later
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Good luck @snowflake1968 !!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    3/21/19 Thurs
    *Weigh: 156 lbs
    *Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water 🙂 Had 6
    *Stay in Green 😞 Well, intentions were good, just made mistake, & it put me in the red. Not from giving in to myself or anything just stupid mistake--not calculating correctly & didn't listen to my body which might have told me that I was full. Oh well. I'm still one determined person!
    *Find way to work in exercise consistently 🙂 Well, although I didn't do it this morning, I did decide the best time for me is mornings. So, now it's a matter of getting to bed early enough so I can work the plan.
    *Be in bed by midnight 😞 I did better, was in the bed by 1am.

3/22/19 Fri.
    *weight:
    *4 glasses of water
    *stay in green
    *plan meals tomorrow thru Tuesday
    * find way to work in exercise
    * Be in bed midnight

@Snowflake1968 you're doing great with your weight loss!
    Thanks so much for the great story regarding your Mom & brother. That's amazing about how she was even to stop the insulin!!! Wow! So inspirational!
    Re: exercise in mornings. That used to be my favorite time to do it. Just cause you start the day so energized. I know at first it will take a while to work up to that point. I am a night owl now, but I can become an early bird, once again. Another reason I like to do in the morning, is things seem to come up at night ...so hard to make myself stick with an exercise plan when either a crisis pops up or a dinner invitation. It's hard to turn down dinner/socializing being married, I think. I have to consider that my husband who rarely exercises at this time is a very social person. He won't go without me, tho.
    Just got to get the bedtime down.

Im a night owl too, but i figured if i go to sleep no later than 12 i can just about give myself the push to get up out of bed to get the girls ready for school at 7am.
    Exercise in the morning is a nono for me, just no time! (Although i did figure out at if i walk her to school in my gym gear then i can jog back - and then again to pick her up)
    But my exercise is at night, but sometimes that doesnt happen because im tired or havi g too much cleaning to do!
    Its hard trying to het everything just right lol, i have to think about starting dinner a little bit earlier, washing pots as i cook to try minimise the after dinner clean up, and even when theyre in bed i have to pick up any stuff theyve left, make sure theyve not dumped clothes anywhere and set out uniform for the next day! And then clean the remainder of pots and thrn my OH will want something else LOL! And if sny one of those things dont go right it can really set me back! So i totally get where youre coming from!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday

- Sleep in a little, get to work by 9:00. :)
    - Eat protein bar for breakfast. :( Had Tagalongs... Gotta get those out of the house by some means other than eating them all.
    - Start on cryo-grinding of material.
    - Finish Global Lab Report and distribute it.
    - Leave work around 12:30 (I had a 17 hour day on Wednesday, so I'm able to leave early)
    - Take youngest to the tailor to get her semi formal dress fitted and altered. (Exciting)
    - Stop by the craft store for paint
    - Finish building the dragon for Pinocchio Jr play.
    - I have GOT TO DO some laundry
    - Take youngest to play practice
    - Back home to work on props and laundry
    - Dinner... damn I forgot about dinner. Go to grocery at some point. Make chicken something.
    - Work on props some more (I'm behind)
    - Work on laundry some more (I'm behind)
    - No alcohol (I'm been drinking a lot more than usual for the last week or so)
    - Find a few minutes of peaceful alone time to write in my journal. I along with exercise, I haven't done this in over a week.
    - To bed early-ish
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Recap R 3/21 ~ For the first time since DST clock change, I got up early before work & worked out! Yay me! Know it will get easier as sunrise becomes earlier.
    1) X-trained [weights / circuit] before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 13,937 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 32 floors :smiley:
    3) Weekly workplace mindful "snowshoe" hike has changed locations & will be a walk on paved trails due to melted snow / leave on time = Small group w/ S as leader & we decided to walk more briskly than usual, fine by me... some of us actually had to slow down, since Kip not there at rear, for the slower people that couldn't keep up. Walking into brisk wind was cold, but turning back, the sun started to break through the clouds and we saw a sandhill crane in flight... another sure sign spring is on its way. 2.11 miles 41:51 and happy me B)
    4) Leftovers day & prelogged meals & snacks / net calories zero / 14c water = After choir had sore throat again, so had a little unplanned for peppermint schnapps. :D Net calories -25 :) , sodium -444, sugar -30, fiber excellent, protein low-ish, 12c water :/
    5) Pre-event tasks for next week's seminar :smiley: determined survey/email blasts could be canceled since speakers will handle & everything else ready / email organizer w/ details & arrange date/time to transfer materials & projector :smile:
    6) After work: call mom & dad :smiley: good chat ~ it'd been a while / choir 6:30 :smiley: / some to-do's? nope :p
    7) UNPLUG 9:00 :smile: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :( (walk dog after work F)

JFT F 3/22
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Not sure about supper / other meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Catch up work inbox
    4) Walk dog after work
    5) Evening: laundry / wash dishes / other to-do's
    6) UNPLUG 9:30 / floss / retainers / no alarm for Sat. a.m. & bed by 11 (yay ~ walk dog while hubby sleeps)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Friday

- Sleep in a little, get to work by 9:00. :)
    - Eat protein bar for breakfast. :( Had Tagalongs... Gotta get those out of the house by some means other than eating them all.
    - Start on cryo-grinding of material.
    - Finish Global Lab Report and distribute it.
    - Leave work around 12:30 (I had a 17 hour day on Wednesday, so I'm able to leave early)
    - Take youngest to the tailor to get her semi formal dress fitted and altered. (Exciting)
    - Stop by the craft store for paint
    - Finish building the dragon for Pinocchio Jr play.
    - I have GOT TO DO some laundry
    - Take youngest to play practice
    - Back home to work on props and laundry
    - Dinner... damn I forgot about dinner. Go to grocery at some point. Make chicken something.
    - Work on props some more (I'm behind)
    - Work on laundry some more (I'm behind)
    - No alcohol (I'm been drinking a lot more than usual for the last week or so)
    - Find a few minutes of peaceful alone time to write in my journal. I along with exercise, I haven't done this in over a week.
    - To bed early-ish

Is there enough hours in the day to complete this list?! I felt tired reading it!!

Definitely make the time for your peaceful alone time! Sounds like youll need it after a busy day,!!
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,334 Member
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »

JFT 3/21/19

Walk on treadmill for 1/2 hour o:)
    Drink all my water :# I think 6 seem to be my ideal number

Got everything logged in yesterday and even working till 9, I still got in some reading before bed. Tues, Weds, Thurs are usually my 15 hr work days so it's hard to get things complete.

JFT 3/22/19

Log everything
    Walk on treadmill
    Fish
    Vacuum and dust
    Take dogs for a walk
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    JFT: CONSISTENCY
    Love myself!!
    Bed earlier & set the clock ;)
    Take photo of garage pile :)
    Get papers ready for inspection :)
    Log all :)
    fluids :)
    walk dog :)
    study at least 1 hr ;) 1/2
    prep for tomorrow :)

FRI;
    Bed at 8
    FINISH TAX SUBMITTING
    3 boxes go thru
    get tires done
    fluids
    no more sugar
    walk dog

@clicketykeys I am so sorry you are uber stressed out. You shouldn't have HOURSx3 of unpaid work. Kindof think it's one of those leftover "but it's for the children", used to be traditionally underpaid female just working till she gets married and doesn't really need to live off of it roles. One of the jobs my dh worked, he got a check later on r/t a class action suit for the guys needing to unload their tools from work vehicle "when they arrived home".

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Faebert - I couldn’t go out walking that early in the morning I would be way too nervous. I don’t know how you can work all day after being up at those times. It’s Friday!

Maryrobinson40- I sure love the Charlie Brown message!

Awhit4842 - I have never yelled at an employee, but I sure do understand the sentiment. Sometimes they like to push our buttons, just like kids. I was asked when interviewing on Monday if I would be satisfied in a non-management/supervisory role. My answer was “yes, that’s what I’m looking for”.

Clicketykeys - you got through the day, that’s what counts. Do you have a break with your exams and essays now?

Aubyshortcake - I’ll have a look for that exercise program. I think I need to start including some strength training of some kind.

Elbee1- I am a firm believer that the best time to do exercise is “when you’ll actually do it”. My husband is a hermit so I end up being home a lot more than I would like. We never do anything together and it makes me very unhappy, so I would accept all those invitations too.

Thank you all for the positive vibes and well wishes!!!!

To be honest @snowflake1968 I was really struggling at work by the end of the day. Just so tired! Not sure I will repeat the walk - or at least take a different route next time! There were a few people still out drunk from the night before!! One guy ran across the road and stopped me to give me a flower because it was his birthday!?! I wasn’t scared as it was fairly busy and nearly completely light. But it was unsettling. Plus it took ages and I had to stop to find somewhere to use the loo on the way back!

Still, I’m at 21,500 steps for today without any soreness so it wasn’t a totally pointless exercise!

Have jumped on tonight to see if there is any job news. Have everything crossed for you 🤞🏼x
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 Oh, I am so hopeful! It does sound like a good fit. Now we wait! Maybe another opportunity to interview will come up...you've got the practice in!

So happy for you. And whew! your part is done :smiley:

Have a peaceful and joyful weekend, Snowflake!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 Oh, I am so hopeful! It does sound like a good fit. Now we wait! Maybe another opportunity to interview will come up...you've got the practice in!

So happy for you. And whew! your part is done :smiley:

Have a peaceful and joyful weekend, Snowflake!

Thank you so much! Yes the hard part is over for me. No matter what happens I will feel more comfortable going to another interview now.

You have a great weekend as well!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 Yes, yes, yes!!! Right now, this very moment, you are getting geared up for battle come Oct. Nov. and Dec. Right now you are preparing your MIND to push through and come out with no damage done. This is so very exciting.

And it is so true---our thinking truly affects our actions. Thank you for the reminder.

Have a weekend overflowing with peace and enjoy your family and the celebrations.

(and let your word of the year lead the way!!!)
    4xh4utfpjbza.png
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 22 March

I've had a lovely time away eating far too much and not walking enough whilst celebrating my parents wedding anniversary. Tomorrow is a 13 hours plus, car journey so no goals. I will try to get back on track on Sunday.

Goodnight all and good luck with your endeavours tomorrow.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 - sounds positive. Hope they don’t take too long to decide.

@ZizzyBumble - glad you enjoyed your trip.

@mytime6630 - great post about mindset and positivity. It’s so important to identify and fix negative self-talk

X
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - Sounds like you had a really interesting walk this morning! I generally don't have folks interrupt me when I go for a walk. I think it's because I'm always very focused, and people see this:
    t9iz721z3qjs.gif

And they get out of my way ;D

*hugs* @Snowflake1968 - Pleeease keep us posted!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm sorry I've been gone a few days! I ended up giving myself a concussion on Tuesday(I think it was Tuesday..) Long story short, I fell and hit my head on a trash can...yes I know. I'm a clutz. What's worse, the next day I gave myself a hot oil burn when hot cooking oil splashed on the inside of my elbow. So those two days were interesting. I've been dealing with the cuncussion symptoms which have not been fun. It's only a slight one and most of the time it's okay but then randomly some symptom pops up and I remember...."Oh yeah. I have a concussion."

It's been making it a bit hard to make and stick to goals. But I am going to attempt to make some tomorrow.

I just wanted to give you guys an update.

See you guys tomorrow!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 OMG! A concussion... My word! I'm thankful you made it back to us, but I'm
    So Sorry about you falling, hitting your head, and getting an oil burn. Hugs, Please be careful.