JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    I'M AWAKE🙌 😁 👏👏 😨 ... LMBO
    HALLELUJAH! I'M AWAKE!!! WEEEEEEEEEE! LOOK OUT PEOPLE! I JUST MAY HAPPEN ON YOU!

JFT TOUCH A HEART TUESDAY
    I CHALLENGE YOU TO TELL SOMEONE THAT YOU HAVEN'T TOLD IN A WHILE
    THAT YOU LOVE THEM AND YOU CARE. KISS PASSIONATELY YOUR PARTNER AS IF YOU
    JUST MET. HUG YOUR CAT/DOG OR GIVE THEM EXTRA ATTENTION AND LET THEM KNOW
    YOU APPRECIATE THEM BRINGING YOU COMFORT AND THAT THEY'RE NOT A BOTHER,
    BUT AN ADDED BLESSING... ETC. Some suggestions, but you choose according to your life.
    Make it a great day!
    BTW...GO TO A MIRROR AND HUG YOURSELF AND TELL YOURSELF... I LOVE YOU![/quot

Love this. And a big hug to you Mary!!! You inspire everyone with your posts!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Inazea wrote: »
    Ooooh, I just found this and love the idea so I'd like to join in, some accountability and having a plan is always good.
    Since this is my first day I have no check in for yesterday.

JFT March 19

1. Eat at least 1700 kcal.
    2. NO SNACKING ON CHOCOLATE!
    3. Do my yoga routine.
    4. Complete the shopping for my birthday.
    5. Complete my skin care routine for today.
    6. Spend at least 30 minutes with each cat playing.
    7. Read for at least one hour.
    8. Print out those damn forms!

Welcome!! And when is your birthday?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    I just found this thread! It may be just what I need to keep motivated and on target.

JFT 3/19/19

Log EVERYTHING!!!!
    Drink 8 glasses of water
    Get up from my computer every hour and walk around for 5 minutes
    Nothing to eat or drink after 8pm
    No tablet games after 8pm
    Read before bed
    Apply moisturizer and oils before bed
    Meditate - clear my mind from the happenings of the day

So happy to have you join us!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, i was just wondering, how would you all suggest i restart my fitness goals.

The move has been a bit of an eye opener, its been so easy to just grab food like pizza and just eat that and just quick food. Lots of treats for working so hard in moving and scrubbing.
    Everything was so dirty from the previous tenants, so last night we scrubbed all the kitchen (tiles, cupboards) all the UPVC doors, all the inside doors and frames, radiators and window sills.
    We still dont have carpets, they screeded (sp?) The floor which makes everything really dusty and you cant sweep it because it just creates more dust!

So i know im burning plenty of calories but unfortunately, i feel heavier, i look bigger and my clothes are tighter.
    I feel like a right fatty. You know when you just know!

Were also running on bare minimum food, we're buying things "just to keep us going" so its not exactly healthy stuff.
    And with the cost of the move we wont be able to buy much shopping, it will be enough to keep us going this week so i cant really go wild and start getting all my alternatives, im just eating what everyone else is.

So im not sure which approach to take, should i edit my settings? Or jump in from where i was?

I was okay with not doing the goals and eating whatever i needed through the move but its not healthy, im not healthy, and i have to do something NOW before it goes too far! Im starting to feel very unhappy with my weight amd very self concious, i feel like i have 4000 chins and just meh.

Xxx

Hubby and I have been super busy the past few weeks, and I use the crockpot a lot. (Tonite, it was just frozen chicken breast, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 container of lipton onion soup mix, and 1/2 cup low fat sour cream... was Super good, and easy! I put in 6 chicken breasts ... so we have enough for 2 more meals).

But what we have also been doing it buying the lean cuisine meals They are many times on sale at 4 for just $10.00. A very inexpensive meal, most are under 300 calories, and cheap! You could add veggies and fruit to them if you wanted. I think your little girls would even love them (they have things like spaghetti, mac and cheese, etc.).

With all your work cleaning your house, and taking care of 3 little ones, your crockpot could be your best friend. Start it in the morning, and dinner will be ready when you want it. Or, I do think those frozen meals ... so much better than just pizza. (And lower in calories, and more filling). Healthy Choice are also good frozen meals.

But, having said that ... I think once you get all settled in, you'll get your routine back again! And you are probably burning off a ton of calories with all the work you are doing!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters, now! :)
    3. Eat packed lunch by 11:30 :)
    4. Cook dinner at home - tandoori chicken :)
    5. Chem training at 12 >:) this is next week I'm a bird brain
    6. Talk to E :)
    7. Conference call prep :)
    8. Drink an emergenC :)
    9. Bed by 930 :)
    10. Update List for tomorrow morning later today :)
    11. Pick up clothes :)

Jft tues am
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish oil :)
    3. Pack lunch bag :)
    4. Up by 555 :)
    5. Weigh in :) 184.2
    6. Check this list before leaving :)

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters now
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Qt with dh
    5. Cook dinner at home - raviolis
    6. Eat afternoon snack
    7. Update this list later

Sister... I am proud of you. You've had a lot less 😈 those, and more😃 this year.
    I'm holding your hand and I'm not letting go. We've got this! One day, one moment
    at a time. Love you😇
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    WOY: Discipline
    Yesterday, I practiced discipline by not having a snack after 8pm...I was full and was wanting it because "I could."

Small Change/Big Impact
    Threw out white chocolate chips
    Reverted to drinking 8 cups of water
    Reverted to pre-logging
    Reverted back to 1200 calories/day
    No drinking alcohol M-Th
    Added more protein to diet
    Added a daily dose of stretching, even if not exercising

JFT
    Drink 8 cups water/herbal tea (have slurped down 5 so far)
    Pre-log
    Messy in the Middle lesson
    No alcohol
    Stretching
    Exercise
    Floss (March mini goal)

Peace and joy!
    el4nj8zhf1n6.png

@toaljasa ... I LOVE YOU 💪🌹👏👏👏
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Tues - got home later than usual and roasted cauliflower steaks. Finally tried making it (thanks @mary) and it was actually good. dh already had a pizza going (all his) so today's food o:) .

@bex Just start with something! Pick whatever you can maintain and START.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Up early and having a coffee as I prepare myself to get out and run in a bit. The weather is quite mild so it’s a good day for it. Aiming to hit 10K again (exactly this time, after accidentally miscalculating and stopping a few metres too early last week lol!). It’s a bit of a risk to push myself hard today as I have parent consultation meetings this evening. But, given I’m out of class in planning this morning, then have three hours plus of sitting in meetings after school, it will be good to rack up 10000 steps plus before work!

Yesterday was good - stayed on track and made it to my daughter’s show. She was amazing - proud and emotional mummy!

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Do little one’s face paint for animal charity walk ✅ actually made a mask on her last-minute request at 7am 🙄
    - Reply to parent email on arrival ✅
    - Water - avoid tiredness snacking ✅
    - Speak to boss re leaving early next week ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - Parents evening prep after work 😐 did some but prob not enough
    - Large snack before daughter’s concert or home early for quick dinner ✅ had a snack, and enjoyed a good dinner after
    - Concert at 6:30 ✅
    - Early night (non-negotiable, long run and parents eve tomorrow!!) ✅

Wednesday goals:
    - morning run
    - Early to work (staff choir and planning handover)
    - Buy milk and chocolate/cake sprinkles on way to work
    - Planning time: finish parents’ eve prep
    - Water - stay hydrated!!
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake. Take extra snack for parents eve
    - money for piano teacher
    - Make cake pops for bake sale with the kids on arrival home
    - Early night

Have a great wednesday all! X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 20 March

Try to log accurately
    Aim to be in the green
    Aim for 5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge

I am off for a 2 night break with family to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary. I will make sensible choices but I am not going to allow these goals to influence decisions on what we do. There may not be the opportunity to meet Fitbit goals and eating lunch and dinner out may make it a challenge to stay in the green!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Danger Tuesday happened again and, whilst I didn't have burgers this time (boyfriend is away!) I ended up eating a large cookie and Bakewell tart in the office. I went over my calories quite a bit, although still some way within maintenance.

Tuesday really is dangerous for me. I thought it was just the fact that I have lots of meetings on Tuesday but I didn't actually have that many. I think it is also because I often end up clocking up some extra hours on Tuesday (because Monday I often have off and Wednesday I have to leave early because of French), and my willpower wanes late afternoon.

From now on, I'm renaming it Danger Tuesday and will have a plan for avoiding late afternoon/ early evening caving!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :/ as above
    - Be in the green :/ as above
    - 3+ bottles water :/ Nope, just two. Will try to finish my third before work, feeling dehydrated!
    - No alcohol :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :neutral: Not sure, I think I didn't eat the cookie/tart until back at my desk but can't swear to it
    - Savour every bite :/
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :/
    - Give myself credit! :/

- 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate at lunch :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile: I wouldn't say positive but I did lose the VERY negative mood I started the day with which I think is an achievement
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :smile:
    - Finish work by 7pm :/ 7.45. But the extra time was finishing my quarterly objectives in time for today's end of year review, to increase my chance of getting a bonus... So an investment for me!
    - Gratitude journal :/ Forgot completely
    - Lights off by 11 :/ Got home late and then had to draft a speech (non work) I've got roped into giving on Thursday, which took quite a while (particularly as had to call and argue with the boyfriend partway through). Then I needed to do something to switch off a bit so watched some TV and read a bit. Switched light off around 12.30.... (and then did not sleep for ages, so winding down didn't work apparently). Yes, I'm tired. :(

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Revise for French test
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - FINISH WORK AT 5PM
    - Pack stuff for running
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 485 in red

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: By not eating a second Bakewell tart? :wink: Actually, I did adjust my eating after the cookie/tart to have a slightly smaller dinner. So that was a good step. I also only took half a cookie originally, which was an attempt at moderation which was then undermined by me going back to get the second half. >:)
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    @bookmeister86 - Bonne chance à ton examen! Ne te faches pas - tu as un peu de temps encore, n'est-ce pas? (Sorry - haven't actually studied French since high school other than some brushing up with Duolingo!)

Good morning everybody! Keep climbing! :D

Merci! I have about two months, if you subtract my holiday in May. So actually plenty of time. But I have lots to do, and not actually that much free time in which to do it!

I made a plan on Monday though for what I'm doing to do each week from now until the exam. So now I just have to do it! (Hmm, that's the hard part. I've always been good at making revision plans... Less good at following them!)
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Bookmeister86 - I have been having way too many of those days. I need to come up with a plan to do some things. Watching tv and sitting at home is not what I call enjoying my life, but it’s what hubby does. For me to do other things I’m leaving him all alone. It’s a balancing act. You did wonderful not snacking, I wouldn’t have been able to control that I don’t think!

I've been thinking about this and I think I was just too ambitious for the day and didn't really have a realistic plan.

My plan was 'revise as much French as possible'.

Kind of vague and non specific, and yet rather ambitious!

I think I would have been better to pick a few specific things, commit to revising those, and then get them done before I got in procrastination mode.

Maybe the same applies to you? You need to just pick a few achievable things to do in a day and then power through them?

My dad always used to say 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'. By which he meant, something you've already done is worth twice as many things you plan to do but haven't done yet. I think there is lots of truth in this.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

You rent and have to buy carpets? That seems a little backwards to me.

@Snowflake1968, it can be even crazier than that. I was friendly with an old lady who lived alone. I called at her house one day and her 2 daughters were there as she had died. The housing officer had been to see them and told them the house had to be handed back in exactly the same condition as when she moved in. She insisted that all carpets, window blinds, curtain rails and curtains were removed.
    So the new tenant would have to replace all the carpets at a time when money could be tight, and her carpets had to be thrown away.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 - @bookmeister86 gave you some great suggestions. I agree just try portion control right now. Also a little self care will probably go a long way. When will they be putting new carpets in for you?

We have to buy them ourselves! Expecting a windfall soon so just waitinnnng.
    I was mistaken when i said they did our carpets, i was thinking of a different housing association, however our one gives us £250 voucher for our local DIY store for paint and brushes/rollers etc.

You rent and have to buy carpets? That seems a little backwards to me.

Yeah its just because its a house through the council.
    I dont know why they dont carpet it but i dont mind, get to pick what i like :)
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT 19th March

Log food Yes
    Stay in the green Yes
    Back exercises No
    Go into town centre to collect new glasses (really don't want to do this!) Yes
    Food shopping Yes
    March challenge - walk Walked into town

Didn't actually "go for a walk" but did walk into the pedestrianized town centre. Made the effort to dress nicely instead of just pulling on a fleece :) The item I wanted in the chemist was on the very bottom shelf, I bent really carefully but still hurt my back. So had to walk back to my car verrryyy slowly with my fist pushed into my back to ease it. Not exactly the look I was going for lol! Looking on the bright side, this particular pain eases after a few hours, so could be worse.

JFT 20th March

Log food
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Housework
    Laundry
    Walk

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    3/19/19 Tues.
    *Weigh: 155.4 lbs
    *Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water 🙂 Had 5
    *Stay in Green 🙂
    *Find way to work in exercise consistently 😞Working on this one, but haven't quite figured it out yet. Used to like doing it in the morning. Once built up to it, should give me more energy during the day. Starting is hardest. Will have to get to bed earlier which seems to be Very difficult for me these days. I've been shooting for midnight & as you can see, I haven't been able to achieve that goal. I'm not giving up yet!!!
    *Be in bed by midnight 😞

JFT 3/20/19 wed.
    *weight:
    *4 glasses of water
    *stay in green
    *plan meals tomorrow thru Tuesday
    * find way to work in exercise
    * Be in bed by midnight.

@snowflake1986 I was happy to read that the interview went well.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Print balance exercises and stretching exercises. Print Day 2 worksheet for class 1-2.
    3. Class 1-2: Complex sentence worksheet check. Go over Day 2 worksheet. Do Day 2 work for research. Check challenge books. Collect progress reports.
    4. Planning: A - Write discussion comments. Organize and file papers. B - Grade homework and projects. C - Input grades. D - Draft essay. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Enter Socratic grades.
    5. Class 4: Complex sentences, part 2. Figurative language notes (definitions). Frayer models.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Gym immediately after school for run, followed by Bodypump 5:30. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Ivanhoe. Weigh and prep celery. Pack lunch. Draft essay.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. French meeting? Writing group?
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Exam Wednesday.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM run: 2.5 miles (15 laps). Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Find & print stretching exercises. Print Day 3 worksheet for class 1-2. Print new copies of complex sentence worksheet
    3. Class 1-2: Complex sentence worksheet 2.
    4. Planning: A - Revise essay. B - Grade homework and projects. C - Enter grades. PARENT CALLS. D - Check essay.
    5. Class 4: Complex sentence practice (flip sentences). Sound technique notes. Frayers. Homework - Complex sentences practice.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Park run. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Ivanhoe.
    8. Gratitude journal. SUBMIT ESSAY. Fold and put laundry away.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. MAKE SURE MUSIC IS CHARGED.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. Spring break isn't until week after next - I'm REALLY hoping I can be caught up with my lesson planning and grading by then so that it's ACTUALLY a break and not just using uncompensated time to get my work done. :P
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Last night was fun, and I stayed within my calories at the Mexican restaurant. I am amazed, that is a first for me!!

My cousin is coming to visit for a week this weekend and I know we'll be eating out a decent amount, I need to use this momentum to keep it going while he's here!

Welcome to the new people, this group has been SO helpful to me and I know it will be to you too.

Yesterday 3/19:

1. Stay within calorie goal while still having fun at the Mexican restaurant😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch if it's not raining😞 it was raining
    3. Stay positive throughout the day😁
    4. Do one cleaning "to do"😞

JFT 3/20:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Workout after work
    5. Clear off guest bed