Sunday 28 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge

I know that, despite what the scales say, I did not put on 3 pounds in 2 days but I do need to get back to my goals!

Definitely not! That will be water weight. But adding my congrats on the retirement and hope you enjoyed celebrating x

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Been missing in action since Friday night as decided to give myself a bit of a break. Yesterday was very much an off day but they are needed sometimes and am back to it today. It’s Easter for us Greeks today so temptation to come at my parents’ place for lunch. Going to try and stay on track though as had my indulgences yesterday!

Catching up on goals...

Friday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅
    - Pack fruit/veg and coffee for work ✅
    - email report statement drafts to work address ✅
    - Ask Head re leaving early on Tuesday ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - Do GaG before leaving ✅
    - Leave by 5 ✅
    - Some pamper/ self-care in the evening ✅
    - bed by 10 ❎

Saturday - none set but did manage to do laundry, clean half the house and spend some quality time with the kids as well as homework!

Sunday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Head to parents place for Greek easter
    - water and stay in the green
    - Take P to birthday party
    - Put away laundry
    - Finish cleaning
    - Pick up p
    - Kids hair wash
    - Pack schoolbags
    - Bed by 9:30

Have a great day everyone x
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Goals yesterday were basically 20,000 steps and mindful eating. I’m at 50%. I got an amazing 30,156 steps, but my eating was awful.

Same goals for today...

Positive thought: there are so many blessings in my life, I’m just grateful for all the wonderful people and experiences I have in my life.
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Goals yesterday were basically 20,000 steps and mindful eating. I’m at 50%. I got an amazing 30,156 steps, but my eating was awful.

Same goals for today...

Positive thought: there are so many blessings in my life, I’m just grateful for all the wonderful people and experiences I have in my life.

Waaah well done for 30k steps! And I love your positive thinking :smile:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday April 27 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 😉 squats instead
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 🙂

JFT - Sunday April 28 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Had a fairly decent day yesterday. At about 10 last night I closed my diary and it I was close to 200 in the red. I was going to leave it, I hadn’t gotten my purposeful 1 mike in either. I sat here and watched tv until around 10 to 11 I decided that wasn’t good enough so I got up and walked until 25 after 11. I was 18 calories in the red when I updated and felt better for forcing myself to do something.

Rodger’s fever broke yesterday afternoon after sleeping most of the day. I have never felt him that hot before. I hope whatever it was skips right on past me. He looks better this morning.

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    daneejela wrote: »

Another good thing I've been doing these days is homemade kefir. It's incredibly easy to do it and should be healthy with all those probiotics in it. The process of making it is pretty satisfying too - it's made with kefir grains, a living organism that needs to be fed daily. It feels like having some weird pet that makes me delicious drink every morning :smiley:

This made me laugh out loud - I love it! I need to look into this more - I'd love to make some for my house too but it would need to be dairy free.

Glad to make you laugh :) I took me years to try it, but when I did I was surprised how easy it is. I think you can make kefir with non-dairy milk too, although I haven't tried yet. I might try it this week and see how it goes.

@Snowflake1968 wow, that's a huge reduction on coffee! It gives me hope that I'll be able to cut mine.

@wannabeskinnycat @TaliaCoon Welcome! This group is really awesome, forgiving and positive :) It's helping me a lot to keep a positive attitude and stay focused. TaliaCoon, drinking more water is a great way to start!

@nlmackey98
    Wooow 30,156 steps!! Respect! How did you manage to do that in a single day?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @clicketykeys - I hope you had a good night at prom. Is there a way for you and the administrator to sit down and have an honest, unheated discussion to work some things out? Or are you just too far apart on your stances? Has it always been this bad? It seems to me that it’s been the last few months that have gotten worse.

@wannabeskinnycat - welcome! I found this group of marvellous ladies last April and have been posting mostly everyday since. I contribute the weight loss I’ve had so far to this group. I’m sort of on a stall right now, but am working on giving myself the kick in the butt I need to get at it again. I contribute take out and laziness to my weight too. It was just so much easier to grab take out on the way home rather than cook. I actually gained my most weight when my girls became more independent. I am 50 years old, married 32 years come June, have 2 daughters, 1 married with two children (my Grands), the other getting married in July, but had been living with her fiancé for 10 years.

@nomackey98 - it sounds like a beautiful day yesterday. I hope your daughter had a good race day. I can’t believe you got that many steps in after driving 7 hours, good for you!

@HEGoddard0928 - it’s good Matt has gotten a few hours in at least. Your short story about Grandmas escaping a nursing hone sounds like fun. I hope you write it. You know, doing that small amount of dishes would save you a sink full the next time right? I know you know it and I’m just having fun poking at you. Tell me to stop if you want. It just reminds me of me in my younger days.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Faebert - enjoy Greek Easter with your parents.

@zizzybumble - I’ve had those days on the scale too. Usually too much salt.

@nlmackey98 - wow on the steps!!!! I wanted to say that I love your positive thoughts each day. I have struggled to remember to write them here, but I do in my gratitude journal each night.

• daneejela
    Options
    If you don't mind the language, I think listening to this is a valuable spent 7 mins for most of us trying to lose weight:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/losing-100-pounds-phit-n-phat-com-real-diet-talk-from/id1233384453?utm_campaign=470bbc318a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_12_27_10_33_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Phit-N-Phat Subscribers&utm_term=0_e41e2f236e-470bbc318a-563002025

It might be obvious and already said, but I find it very useful still. It easy to forget that weight loss becomes sustainable when we change our thinking patterns and self talk too.
    If we continue to dislike ourselves, it's just a matter of time when we'll sabotage ourselves again. So, I hope you'll all find some time today to notice things about yourself that you love and are proud of. :)
  • daneejela
    Options
    JFT

- junk free day
    - buy non diary milk
    - fix the nasty bug in the app
    - take a walk
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is the day, my new rims and tires are going on my car finally. I get way too excited about these things, but they're so pretty 😈

We went to see endgame yesterday which was awesome but I ate way too much popcorn and had to adjust dinner plans as a result. I was all set to stay in my calories but I kept craving sweets and went quite a bit over. Oh well, if I stay within my calories today it will still balance out well.

Yesterday 4/27:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😁
    4. Do workout😁
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😞 completely forgot and fell asleep
    6. Wash a load of laundry😁
    7. Buy parts to put my new tires/rims and adapters on (finally!!!!)😊 I actually did that this morning but it got done lol

JFT 4/28:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
    4. Cook dinner
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Relax
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 4/27/19

1. Log all my food 😁 Didn't eat enough actually so I couldn't close my diary. I just wasn't all that hungry yesterday
    2. Bring back trashcan 😁
    3. Put food in the crockpot 😁
    4. Read 4 articles from my list 😁 Learned some really awesome things and got a few good book recommendations
    5. Work on an outline for the short 😢 I think I'm going to save this until Monday.
    6. DISHES!!!!!! 😁
    7. Gather dirty clothes to wash tomorrow😢 Totally forgot
    8. Bed BEFORE midnight 🤣😂More like 1:30. Lol

Had a good day yesterday. Got a lot done, including some really good reading time. Every time I sit down and actually crack open a book (or ebook) it feels amazing. The one I'm reading at the moment is about becoming a morning person and creating a daily writing routine. It's pretty interesting. Matt has work today. So he'll be gone a pretty long time. So I'll have some really awesome alone time today. I plan on getting some things done.

Okay, onto goals!

JFT, 4-28-19

1. Log all food
    2. Weigh in
    3. Go to the gym
    4. Laundry
    5. Fold clothes
    6. Make myself dinner
    7. Keep up with the dishes
    8. Bed before midnight.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Sunday 28 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge

I know that, despite what the scales say, I did not put on 3 pounds in 2 days but I do need to get back to my goals!

You've Got This! You're Strong and Inspirational! Thank you for boosting me...and I wanted you
    to know that I'm in your corner too. I may not comment every post, but I am with you! And I love you took💕
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Oops! That darn spell check! I was extending the "O" on too and it changed it after I clicked.
    @ZizzyBumble
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Late checking in today. Yesterday was my cheat day of the week but with all the gardening I did I think it was honestly a break even day.

JFT 4/28/19
    Aqua Zumba class this morning! Fun, loved the music but I'm a klutz with the dance moves
    Just pre-tracked to 1600 calories
    Enjoy the pool with grandkids and family this afternoon.
    Be reasonable with appetizers and wine tonight when neighbors come over
    Early to bed.

• wannabeskinnycat
    Options
    Hello,I hope you’ve all had a nice Sunday.

Thanks @daneejela I’ve looked forward to updating this all day hehe. Oh @Snowflake1968; it’s so easily done to be lazy and then we look back and think oh shoot when did that extra weight happen :wink:
  • wannabeskinnycat
    Options

JFT 28/04/19 Sunday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening :smile:
    2. Log all food & drink :smile: I didn’t eat enough calories and just didn’t want anything else. I quick added 300 calls and deleted them after I completed the diary.
    3. Take at least 5500 steps :smile: I went for a walk at the beach this morning, it was cold and windy but I got most of my steps in
    4. Make time to be mindful for me :smile:
    5. Make a weekly meal plan - I haven’t done this properly before. I might see what I can find out about batch cooking :smile: planned meals for this week and slow cooker for the busy days. Batch cooking seems like a good idea.
    5. Buy fruit & veg for the next few days - for the meals I’ve planned :smile:
    6. Drop my daughters washing back at her flat in town :smile: we had a good catch up and giggle

JFT 29/04/19 Monday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening
    2. Log all food & drink
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Make time to be mindful for me
    5. Have a good sort out of paperwork and catch up with outstanding tasks

Have fun :wink:
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 28 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) lovely walk around the gardens of the local castle
    April challenge :) met my goals, thoroughly enjoyed the flowers in the castle gardens and practiced my photography.

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble Congrats on your retirement! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your first days!

@wannabeskinnycat Planning for dinners is the only way I ever cook at home. I do Dream Dinners or Hello Fresh as well. Otherwise I eat out so much more. I already eat out quite a lot bc of my job. Hope you have fun with it!

@HEGoddard0928 So glad you got some alone time. And I love to read too! Don't do much during my busy season but normally I read a least a book a week.

@aubyshortcake We saw it Friday, so good! My daughter and I are going back to see it tomorrow afternoon. :) Such a great movie!

@Snowflake1968 Good for you! I'm sure it felt good to get that last walk in for the night. It's inspiring bc so many times we tell ourselves we can't when we definitely can. It's a good reminder.

Today was pretty decent for me. I got in a really great 45 minute run plus did 20 minutes of strength training. Finally got my period so hoping that my stress and nerves will calm down a little now. :p

JFT
    4/28
    1 hour of exercise-in whatever form my body/mind needs :)
    10000 steps :)
    Mindful eating all meals/snacks :)
    cooking at home for all meals :)
    fill water bottle twice and drink it! :| Only once
    QT time with children :) Baked a cake with one child, I call that a win. :)

Tomorrow is chock full and I don't know if I'm going to get a workout in or not. So going to have to plan accordingly.

JFT
    4/29
    20 minutes of exercise-wherever I can fit it
    Mindful eating-plan ahead for movie theater indulgence
    Forgive yourself and be kind to yourself! It's a busy day!
    Drink water
    5 fruit/veg

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

Same goals for today...

Yay on the 30,000+ steps, that is awesome! I've only hit that number a couple of times since I've had my Fitbit.